"Forget the past. Focus on the future," and, "I too am an African" have become the slogans of many whites living on the African continent, while keeping all rights and the economy.
Twenty-two years since Namibia's independence, one needs to add to those unfounded, opportunistic utterings the United Nations programme for de-colonised, independent and sovereign southern African countries, the 'willing seller, and willing buyer' strategy.
Yet, in that process, the indigenous black African remains poor, without access to land and the economy and one has a mixture for a revolution. Throughout history it is proven that privileged rich and disadvantaged poor cannot live side by side. It gets worse, when all this is based on a history of bloody racial colonial-apartheid.
And, there is more in the form of the same old threats of disinvestment, particularly when indigenous Africans in their own land, on their own continent, dare to remind the owners of their ancestral land, which holds mineral wealth, mines and economy, that structured poverty through make-believe fronting by identified 'Black Economic Empowerment' schemes are designed to fail.
A new and thin black African middle class was put in place to keep the majority of their kith and kin as mere spectators on the sides of the economic playing field.
As Head of State and President of the ruling party, SWAPO, President Hifikepunye Pohamba wisely expressed his concern about a possible revolution for land. It is to be expected that the owners of the economy and their neo-liberal corporate mainstream media would immediately retaliate by issuing that tired declaration of an economic war. "Possible interested investors will be frightened off," the old yawn is immediately resorted to.
SWAPO Party's leadership is not only the democratically elected ruling party of Namibia. Among its committed duties is to lead its voter base, the poor absolute majority of the country, out of abject poverty and into economic participation with all additives that come with it. At the same time, SWAPO Party leadership has to wisely balance the position of a sovereign Namibia in SADC, the AU, the UN and the rest of the global village on the one hand and the dire needs of its electorate on the other. This is also called 'national security'.
Rate this article
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)