Gift Uwame popularly known as MumaGee has been described as Nigeria’s foremost stage queen. Muma and her husband met on Sunday, June 13, 2010 at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (Victory Chapel) in Magodo GRA during the Thanksgiving service of her friend and actor, Emeka Ike. They got married a year and a half later in December of 2011. Enjoy her marriage avowals below.
How did you meet your husband?
Emeka Ike and I had both taken part in the Celebrity Gulder Ultimate Search and Emeka Ike won the reality TV show. As the show progressed, rumours sprang up that we were dating. But Emeka Ike is happily married with three boys and wanted to fully put down the gristmill. He therefore introduced me to his church and family at his thanksgiving. He also used the opportunity to hook me up with his friend Prince Eke who had flown in from Enugu to grace the occasion.
That was the first time we met each other. When they got back to Emeka’s house, Prince requested to speak with me. Before then, Emeka Ike had already warned me about his friend’s marriage intentions. I agreed to speak with him and get to know him better and as time progressed I fell in love. Except for the few periods that Prince was on location or when I went on tour, we have been together ever since that first meeting at Emeka Ike’s house.
How long have you been married?
Just a few months, and loving it.
How did your husband propose?
You won’t believe that it was on that same very first day we met. Even though Emeka Ike had warned me that Prince was interested in me, I was utterly bemused when he proposed there and then. As he continued to speak, I got to realize that Prince was really serious. I didn’t accept to marry him that day but that was how our relationship started.
What do you think is the “key” to a successful marriage?
I believe couples should do things together which I’m trying to learn to do. Since we’re both into entertainment, I recorded a song with my husband entitled “Wedding Day” which we performed on our own day. It was one of the highest points of the ceremony for me. Also, we started an entertainment company by the name of G.E.E.K.L.I.P.S. – a combination of Gee from my stage name and Eklips which is my husband’s nickname.
Latest Nigeria News
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Ondo APC Secretariat Now A Shrine, See What Members Did (photos)
- How Adams Oshiomole Wasted Edo?s N1.4 Trillion ? PDP
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group