Gift Uwame popularly known as MumaGee has been described as Nigeria’s foremost stage queen. Muma and her husband met on Sunday, June 13, 2010 at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (Victory Chapel) in Magodo GRA during the Thanksgiving service of her friend and actor, Emeka Ike. They got married a year and a half later in December of 2011. Enjoy her marriage avowals below.
How did you meet your husband?
Emeka Ike and I had both taken part in the Celebrity Gulder Ultimate Search and Emeka Ike won the reality TV show. As the show progressed, rumours sprang up that we were dating. But Emeka Ike is happily married with three boys and wanted to fully put down the gristmill. He therefore introduced me to his church and family at his thanksgiving. He also used the opportunity to hook me up with his friend Prince Eke who had flown in from Enugu to grace the occasion.
That was the first time we met each other. When they got back to Emeka’s house, Prince requested to speak with me. Before then, Emeka Ike had already warned me about his friend’s marriage intentions. I agreed to speak with him and get to know him better and as time progressed I fell in love. Except for the few periods that Prince was on location or when I went on tour, we have been together ever since that first meeting at Emeka Ike’s house.
How long have you been married?
Just a few months, and loving it.
How did your husband propose?
You won’t believe that it was on that same very first day we met. Even though Emeka Ike had warned me that Prince was interested in me, I was utterly bemused when he proposed there and then. As he continued to speak, I got to realize that Prince was really serious. I didn’t accept to marry him that day but that was how our relationship started.
What do you think is the “key” to a successful marriage?
I believe couples should do things together which I’m trying to learn to do. Since we’re both into entertainment, I recorded a song with my husband entitled “Wedding Day” which we performed on our own day. It was one of the highest points of the ceremony for me. Also, we started an entertainment company by the name of G.E.E.K.L.I.P.S. – a combination of Gee from my stage name and Eklips which is my husband’s nickname.
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)