According to Punch, dating a woman who looks up to her father in everything can throw up many roadblocks to any relationship. Her father does not approve of you? It is even worse! That can bring the relationship to an end.
But you can be a man who understands her. How?
Shake her strict father’s hand when you introduce yourself and look him in the eye. Be confident but not cocky. Be courteous, polite, and well mannered. Say, ‘Yes, sir’ and ‘No, sir.’
Be his friend
Talk to her father about his interest and hobbies. If you get a chance, ask your girl about her father before meeting him. This will allow you to find a common interest, which you can discuss with him. Show genuine interest in what her father is saying.
Abide by his rules
Respect her father’s rules and beliefs even if you do not agree with them. Refrain from discussing topics such as religion or politics.
Bring her home on time
Ask her father what time he wants her home. With daddy’s girls, this is a very big deal. Tell him what your plans are for the evening, including where you will be taking her and how he can get in contact with her if needed. This will show her father that you take his rules and concerns seriously.
Treat her right
Treat the girl in a respectful manner at all times, including in front of her father. Avoid displays of affection in front of her father. Furthermore, treat her mother and other family members with respect.
Spend time with her father
If you can, arrange to spend some one-on-one time with her father. You will see how he treats people. You need to understand him to understand what kind of upbringing your partner had, and what her perceptions of men are.
Ask her directly if she is a Daddy’s gal
If she gets defensive, simply tell her some version of the following: “I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. You should feel fortunate to have a man in your life that treats you the way your father does.’ It might get her to evaluate her expectations of you-whether she expects you to do things because of what her father did or did not do.
Be your own man
Gently make your own path in the relationship. Avoid the pressure to be ‘just like Dad’ and just be you. Treat her like your woman and not your daughter else, you are more likely to be seen as competing with her father.
When you ask her out for that first date, be assertive and have plans. If you take her out to eat, rather than ask her what restaurant, she would like to go to, save that level of casualness for after you have been dating for a while. Have specific plans, be bold, and share them with her.
Remind her she can count on you
A daddy’s girl is not likely to hang on your every word. She is an intelligent woman, used to contributing to conversations. She spends too much time existing in the world like a man: being decisive, taking action, handling responsibilities.
Cherish her feelings
When she talks about her accomplishments and decisive action in her work life, ask her how it made her feel. As she learns she can trust sharing her feelings with you, the responsibility on your end for asking the questions will go away.
Do the small things
Pull the chair out for her to sit in. When you walk with her along a sidewalk, position yourself between her, and traffic. These little things may seem small or even condescending. However, they communicate that you are the man and that she is worthy of being treated like royalty.
Do not put up with her
You have to think about having to deal with her daddy lurking in the background day after day, week after week, and month after month. Remember that until she can make the break from her father, forget about her.
Click the link below to go to...
Funke Akindele Opens Up On Pregnancy
Ex Beauty Queen Chinenye Ochuba And Husband Lose Lagos Home To Court
Alleged N16.5m Fraud: How Jim Iyke Defaulted Payment Twice
SEASON 2: LOLA ALAO’S EX IN ANOTHER DIVORCE SAGA
MARRIAGE: OSITA IHEME’S DILEMMA
I’M A CHILD OF GOD-Derenle Edun Confesses
SAFARIE IS A WILDGIRL, I DON’T WANT TO CHANGE THAT BELIEVE [PICTURES] - - - - Ego Omalicha
Is This A Dentist Or A Killer? [PHOTO]
Do you have a story/gist for publication? Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Nigeria News
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well
- Jibrin Claims: Dogara Bribing Members With $25,000,
- Patoranking Reportedly Denied Entry Into Uganda
- Seems Shekau Is Finally Dead, He Will Forever Be In Hell Says Nigerians
- Father Mbaka Tells Buhari: I Can Not Keep Quiet, There's Poverty Everywhere
- Herdsmen Go Berserk, Run Down Communities In 2 States