According to Punch, dating a woman who looks up to her father in everything can throw up many roadblocks to any relationship. Her father does not approve of you? It is even worse! That can bring the relationship to an end.
But you can be a man who understands her. How?
Shake her strict father’s hand when you introduce yourself and look him in the eye. Be confident but not cocky. Be courteous, polite, and well mannered. Say, ‘Yes, sir’ and ‘No, sir.’
Be his friend
Talk to her father about his interest and hobbies. If you get a chance, ask your girl about her father before meeting him. This will allow you to find a common interest, which you can discuss with him. Show genuine interest in what her father is saying.
Abide by his rules
Respect her father’s rules and beliefs even if you do not agree with them. Refrain from discussing topics such as religion or politics.
Bring her home on time
Ask her father what time he wants her home. With daddy’s girls, this is a very big deal. Tell him what your plans are for the evening, including where you will be taking her and how he can get in contact with her if needed. This will show her father that you take his rules and concerns seriously.
Treat her right
Treat the girl in a respectful manner at all times, including in front of her father. Avoid displays of affection in front of her father. Furthermore, treat her mother and other family members with respect.
Spend time with her father
If you can, arrange to spend some one-on-one time with her father. You will see how he treats people. You need to understand him to understand what kind of upbringing your partner had, and what her perceptions of men are.
Ask her directly if she is a Daddy’s gal
If she gets defensive, simply tell her some version of the following: “I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. You should feel fortunate to have a man in your life that treats you the way your father does.’ It might get her to evaluate her expectations of you-whether she expects you to do things because of what her father did or did not do.
Be your own man
Gently make your own path in the relationship. Avoid the pressure to be ‘just like Dad’ and just be you. Treat her like your woman and not your daughter else, you are more likely to be seen as competing with her father.
When you ask her out for that first date, be assertive and have plans. If you take her out to eat, rather than ask her what restaurant, she would like to go to, save that level of casualness for after you have been dating for a while. Have specific plans, be bold, and share them with her.
Remind her she can count on you
A daddy’s girl is not likely to hang on your every word. She is an intelligent woman, used to contributing to conversations. She spends too much time existing in the world like a man: being decisive, taking action, handling responsibilities.
Cherish her feelings
When she talks about her accomplishments and decisive action in her work life, ask her how it made her feel. As she learns she can trust sharing her feelings with you, the responsibility on your end for asking the questions will go away.
Do the small things
Pull the chair out for her to sit in. When you walk with her along a sidewalk, position yourself between her, and traffic. These little things may seem small or even condescending. However, they communicate that you are the man and that she is worthy of being treated like royalty.
Do not put up with her
You have to think about having to deal with her daddy lurking in the background day after day, week after week, and month after month. Remember that until she can make the break from her father, forget about her.
Click the link below to go to...
Funke Akindele Opens Up On Pregnancy
Ex Beauty Queen Chinenye Ochuba And Husband Lose Lagos Home To Court
Alleged N16.5m Fraud: How Jim Iyke Defaulted Payment Twice
SEASON 2: LOLA ALAO’S EX IN ANOTHER DIVORCE SAGA
MARRIAGE: OSITA IHEME’S DILEMMA
I’M A CHILD OF GOD-Derenle Edun Confesses
SAFARIE IS A WILDGIRL, I DON’T WANT TO CHANGE THAT BELIEVE [PICTURES] - - - - Ego Omalicha
Is This A Dentist Or A Killer? [PHOTO]
Do you have a story/gist for publication? Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)