He officially signed with the record label in 2011 and has perfected all arrangements to float his own at the start of 2014.
Burna has made this clear with Aristokrat even though the news of his departure has not reached the public.
A few weeks ago, the dark-skinned Port Harcourt bred act hinted at leaving the label. He said, "Change is about to happen. I know #BBG will stick with me no matter what. Watch out for future announcement. #BBG’. #BBG refers to his newly formed crew ‘Burna Boy Goons’. The tweet was deleted moments later.
Little known Burna signed with Aristokrat in July 2011, released two mixtapes ‘Burn Notice’ and ‘Burn Identity’ in April and November 2011 respectively. He then went on to drop the mid-tempo hit record ‘Like to Party’ in mid-2012. With two other successful singles ‘Tonight’ and ‘Run my race’, Burna rose to fame, making a name for himself.
We are told that problem ensued when his debut album ‘L.I.F.E’ dropped in August 2013. Burna Boy wasn’t pleased with the way the label handled the marketing and release of the album.
Contrary to reports earlier published, Burna did NOT get a N10m upfront payment for the album. The artiste feels the label should have done better – probably with a high budget album launch, major campaign etc.
‘He can’t be told anything to do, he’s a big boy right now. He won’t just listen anymore, the label are frustrated with his actions’.
As you're reading this, Burna has moved out of the house provided for him by the label in Lekki Phase 1 and relocated to house in Chevron Estate also in Lekki, Lagos. He has extricated himself from them and now handles his career with a former label employee who now only answers to him (Burna).
Unfortunately, insiders say there are issues with his new management structure. We’re told his minders fumbled a recent deal with Guinness, asking for a 200 per cent increase in a proposed endorsement deal fee. They never got it and Burna was taken off.
We are also told that Globacom, the telecoms company that handed him a mouth-watering deal earlier in the year are not willing to extend his contract after his one-year deal lapses.
Burna is currently managed by his mother, Bose Ogulu who is the daughter of Benson Idonije, a veteran broadcaster and highlife critic who once managed Afrobeat creator Fela Anikulapo-Kuti.
© 2013 Nigeriafilms.com
Click the link below to go to...
Nike Oshinowo Welcomes Twins From Another Woman At 47
Annie Macaulay In Mouth-To-Mouth Kiss With Daughter, Posts Pix Online
Day Yoruba Actor Yomi Fash-Lanso Escaped Fans’ Wrath for Refusing to Sign Autographs
THE TRUTH ABOUT BIG BROTHER AFRICA STAR, MELVIN ODUAH
Actress Yvonne Okoro Becomes New Face Of PZ Cussons Ghana
Evil People Could Be At Work,” Femi Kuti Feared Reptile In His Car
My Joy, I'll Love You Till Eternity--Mercy Aigbe's Birthday Message To Hubby
Do you have a story/gist for publication? Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Nigeria News
- Ondo APC Secretariat Now A Shrine, See What Members Did (photos)
- How Adams Oshiomole Wasted Edo?s N1.4 Trillion ? PDP
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover