Regina Askia made her debut in the early 90′s starring in several Nollywood movies. She held a lot of movie watchers spellbound with her skillful acting and great interpretations of roles. What many of us may not know is where Regina has been all this time.
Regina left her acting career when she relocated fully to settle here in the United States after her marriage to American Rudolph ‘Rudy’ Williams. She took up a job in the medical field as a registered nurse and healthcare provider-which was what she studied in the university. However, as an educational activist, television producer, writer, and public speaker she still keeps close ties with the world of entertainment.
In 2005 she hosted a fashion show at the Nigerian Embassy in New York City to create awareness for the plight of children’s social amenities in Nigeria, and in 2006, she hosted a charity fashion show at Lehman College, New York, which displayed the creations of top African designers and her own label Regina Fashions.
Askia starred in several “Nollywood” films during the 1990s and early 2000s, most of which were filmed to be released directly to video, reaching a wide audience across the diaspora. She became one of Nollywood’s biggest acting celebrities eliciting comparisons to Elizabeth Taylor for her fame. She remains active in the medical field with an Afro-American project titled, Renaissance Network Africa which involves three respectable African doctors on board with an aim to paving way for black Americans that believe Africa is their root, in order to have good relationships with Africans in the Diaspora and to help support medical activities in West Africa.
Nothing stopped her persuit of education until she earned a PHD in her field of nursing and currently hosts an Internet broadcast discussion program, African Health Dialogues. The programme covers such topics as the effectiveness of mobile medical clinics in Africa. Her written articles have also appeared online. It has been rumored that she is separated from her husband. However, in a recent interview she hinted that she still married Regina lives in New York with her two children – daughter Tessa Olympia and son Rudolph Junior. She has another daughter from a previous relationship, model Stephanie Hornecker.
Askia survived the attack on the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. She escaped from the building, where she worked at the time, only three months after relocating to New York City with her family. In 2007, She was among several African women honored by the Celebrating African Motherhood Organization (CAM) at a gala event in Washington, D.C.
Rate this article
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)