Nicolaas Vervelde; Managing Director Nigerian
Breweries and Mrs. Adejoke Orelope Adefulire; Deputy Governor Lagos
state present cheque to Green family, MDA 6 winners
Entering the expansive premises of Eko Hotel and Suites you have the feeling that something big is in the offing, as you inch closer toward the entrance to the Expo Centre, you know this night will really be special. Then you are ushered into the elaborately decorated walkway with the pictures of the five families on display and it dawns on you that the month long Maltina Dance All, the family reality show sponsored by Maltina, a premium malt brand from the stable of Nigerian Breweries plc. At the end of the show, you cannot but shout aloud: What a spectacular night.
After a stiff and grueling competition – replete with heightened tension and emotions – the Green family won the N6 million and a brand new Toyota Avensis car at stake in Grand finale of Maltina Dance All 6 (MDA). In their dance to fortune, the Greens held the large crowd that witnessed the show spellbound and in the end they earned a standing ovation that took some time to abate. They were presented with their cheque and the key to their car by Mrs. Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire, the Deputy Governor of Lagos State who was the special guest of honour.
The Green family alongside the Efiokwu, Boyle, Zibe and Eghove families that qualified for the grand finale gave their last performance to thrill the audience and boost their votes. The end of the performance saw the Green family emerge winners after garnering the largest votes from Nigerians, while Efiokwu and Eghove families as the first and second runners took home N1 million and N500, 000 respectively.
The Green family was ecstatic to be crowned the number one dance family in Nigeria. 19 year old Ibiba Green, the family representative, could not hide her tears of joy as she gave thanks to God for making it possible for her family to be crowned winners. Also, Mrs. Telema Green, the mother, expressed her joy and gratitude for being winners. She sang praises to God for making her family champions. She stated that the money would be used to further the education of all her children.
Speaking at the event, Mr. Nicolaas Verlvede, Managing Director, Nigeria Breweries Plc said, “It was a fantastic event. All five families really did an outstanding job. They gave great performances and great entertainment”. On what to expect next year from Maltina Dance All; Mr. Verlvede stated that season 7 would be even more captivating.
The evening started on a high note with the families all geared up for the first of the two performances of the evening. The Zibe family was up on stage to perform first. The family dazzled the audience with a dance performance to the song of eight time Grammy award winning artiste Adele’s “Set Fire to the Rain”. Next on stage was the Green family who exhibited sublime dancing skills when they danced to the music of Ice-Prince.
The performance of the Eghove family elicited much cheers from the audience. The family thrilled the audience with an overwhelming performance of popular Ghanaian dance style “Azonto’. The Boyle family certainly had every reason to be grateful to God for bringing their family this far in the competition; thus, they gave a wonderful dance performance of Lara George’s “Ijoba Orun” song.
The Efiokwu family was the last on stage. The family’s dance performance of P-Square’s club banger, ‘Chop My Money’ drew wide applause from the audience.
The second performance of the night saw the Green, Boyle, Zibe, Efiokwu and Eghove families hit the stage respectively for their second performance of the evening. The dance performances of the five families showed that it was no mere fluke having made it this far to the grand finale.
After a scintillating and highly explosive performance from the five families, the tension in the hall was palpable. The audience waited in anticipation to know which of the five families would emerge winner of the six million naira cash prize and brand new car.
There was deafening cheers from the audience when the Green family was pronounced winners of MDA 6. The Efiokwu and Eghove families emerged first and second runners-up respectively. The Zibe family came fourth while the Boyle family took the fifth spot.
Janell Burgess, an American and one of the Judges during the elimination stage, said “I am so proud of all the families that performed tonight. They embodied what we really cherish here in Maltina which is family unity. One thing so special about Nigeria is that its peoples really value and appreciate family. Here in Maltina, we promote family unity and dance as an art. I’m so pleased with the progression of Maltina with the MDA, it has shown that dance is a living and breathing profession that can serve as a unifying factor in society and can also be adopted as a profession by the families.”
She stated that over the years, there has always been a tremendous improvement each year in the dance performances of the families. “Because dancing is an ongoing process, Maltina created the MDA Academy to teach families more about the art of dancing, the way to move and adjust their bodies to different types of music. We basically educate them on dance styles and patterns, so every year; it is only going to get better as the education also gets stronger”
And the winner is…
Boyle Family performing at the MDA 6 finale
Deputy Governor Lagos state_ Mrs. Adejoke Orelope Adefulire presents cheque to Green Family, MDA 6 winners
Efiokwu family performing at the MD
Green family performing at MDA 6 Grand finale
Judges in the Maltina Dance Academy
Kemi Adetiba-host of MDA
L-R Nicolaas Vervelde_Managing Director NB_ Mrs. Adejoke Orelope Adefulire-Deputy Gov. of Lagos state and Mrs. Vervelde
Maltina Academy Judges and Trainers performing at MDA 6 grand finale
Maltina Academy Judges and Trainers performing at MDA 6 grand finale_1
Michael Adegoke and Muyiwa Osinaike with Opus Green
Nicolaas Vervelde-Managing Director NB and Deputy Governor Lagos state, Mrs. Adejoke Orelope Adefulire
Onyeka Okoli_Export manager NB
Teju Falade Kimora
We are the MDA 6 Winners
‘We did it’
Zibe family performing at MDA 6 grand finale
Rate this article
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)