Valentines is 7 away, and of course in classic commercial sense, there’s all kinds of pink & red balloons around, love songs playing all the time on the radio, commercial for what to get the special one, and all kinds of things that keep reminding you that valentine’s day is here.
If you’re in a relationship, it’s a good reminder and definitely gives some ideas on what you can do for your special one, but if you’re single it’s an annoying reminder that you’re single and even if you don’t give 2 sh*ts about val’s day, it’s just in your face and you want it to end.
If you’re single and valentine’s day rolls around, you know you’re gonna get bombarded with couples all over the place. Folks receiving flowers, engagement stories, restaurants filled with lovers, etc. Well there’s stuff to do that will definitely get your mind off all that stuff.
You can still do your own thing, and have fun. You don’t have to sit and home and hate every couple, or pout, or drown yourself in ice cream and cheesy romance movies. Here’s a few ideas
1. Hit The Scene
Grab your single friends and hit the club scene. There’s always guaranteed to be something popping on vals day, and you can definitely grab a few single friend and hit up bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke bars and lounges. You definitely don’t need a significant other to have a blast a club.
Technically, Valentine’s day is about love. Not just romantic love, but love in general. There are plenty of folks that don’t have any kind of love, and there’s nothing that will make you feel better about yourself than doing some volunteer work that will put a smile on someone else’s face. Motherless babies home, Nursing home, Animal shelter, Food banks. These are just a few ideas.
3. Gym Time
While others might be piling up calories by eating chocolate and ice cream and the likes, you can do the opposite, and hit the gym. A good workout session will shed that stress you might be feeling off, and you’ll end up feeling very very refreshed.
4. Watch Movies (Scary Movies)
The farthest thing to think about when watching scary movies, is love. Well, technically, but it sure beats watching romantic comedies. Depending on your mood, you can watch movies by yourself or call up a few friends for movie night. Stack 3 movies together, and you’re sure to kill the night quickly.
5. Treat Yourself
Fine you don’t have a date on valentine’s day, but you still love yourself. Yep. You can spoil yourself a little bit on valentine’s day and feel great about it. A spa treatment, pedicure, shopping, buy something you’ve always wanted. Just something that will put a smile on that face.
6. Spend Time With Family
If you live in the same city as your family, it’ll be a good idea to spend some time with them. Some of my best memories of valentine’s day have been with family, and nothing like some good ole family time. If you’re too far away to visit family, then give them a call, or even skype with your parents or loved ones if you have the means. They are your first loves anyways
7. Throw A Party
Throwing a party just might be the ultimate way to have blast on val’s day. But you have to know for at least a week that you’re not doing anything “traditional” on valentine’s day. Hit up everyone, buy drinks, some appetizers, and get to partying. Heck you can spice it up and give it a theme. Fun things. You never know you just might get laid.
So there you have it. 7 things you can do on valentine’s day if you’re single. What you don’t want to do it hit up an ex, accept a rush date with someone you really don’t know or sulk and hate on your friends in relationships. You don’t want to come off as desperate, bitter or miserable. It’s just another day really without all the shenanigans.
About the author: Jummai View all posts by Jummai
110% woman. I speak my mind regardless of what people might think.
Rate this article
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)