THE General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly and running mate of Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) during the April 16 presidential election, Pastor Tunde Bakare, declared that it would be fool-hardy for “any bastard and the son of a concubine” to assume the leadership mantle of the Yoruba.
While preaching in his church in Lagos on the topic: “It is time to speak”, the fiery cleric said: “Look at the madness going on in Yoruba land. Imbecile, nincompoop, people without family background causing problem because of money, ill gotten wealth. If a town or settlement is at peace, the bastard there is yet to grow up.
“If you are a bastard, there is nothing you can do to cover up with money. Where is your father’s compound? A bastard pretending to be a patriot. We are proud of our heritage because we have goodly heritage. There are those who call themselves nobles who are under the influence of Jezebel. Until they drink kainkain, they cannot function. They pretend to be larger than life,” he added.
He likened the person angling to take over the leadership of the Yoruba to the Biblical Abimelech who forcefully took over a kingdom that did not belong to him and was eventually destroyed.
The Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) Vice Presidential candidate declared further: “If you are trusting the son of a concubine to deliver you, you are in trouble”.
On the 18th anniversary of the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential election won by the late Chief M.K.O. Abiola, he said: “I warned Abiola not to contest election but he wouldn’t listen to me. I said in one of my messages that was there no elder left in Abiola’s home to warn him not to contest? When I gave the message, Sunny Okosun stormed my church that I got it wrong this time around. I also told them what God said concerning both the National Republican Convention and the Social Democratic Party that the two parties would fail but nobody listened. I foretold the annulment also and Abiola wrote me after that asking: “What is God saying now?” and I replied: “Unless you ask Him”. The Yoruba leaders who said MKO Abiola would not stay in prison, that it would cause a serious crisis in the country, it turned out to be an empty boast. The same Yoruba leader who said Nigeria would go to blazes if he died in the gulag didn’t do anything when he was brought in a sack to Lagos for burial, instead their sons and daughters were made ministers”.
On President Goodluck Jonathan’s victory, he said: “Those who colluded with Jonathan to rig us out will suffer the consequence. After three years, the truth will unfold. If Jonathan’s victory was without rigging, everything will be well but if they rigged and are trying to cover up, the truth will soon unfold. The thing that will destroy the government is with them. Why did they allow the data capturing machine to capture us? One of our prayers at the presidential election petition that they should subject all the ballot papers they used in the South-South and South-East to a forensic text has been answered. “We learnt that Jega’s office got burnt the same afternoon the judgment was given in our favour. We pray that all the ballot papers are still intact. To me, all that we desire to happen is what June 12 did to the military. April 16 will do same to election riggers in Nigeria.
“In a particular ward in Calabar, only 6,468 people registered but they recorded over 70,000 votes for Jonathan alone during the presidential election. All these irregularities will not stand. They blamed the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) for the violence after the election, what brings violence is corruption. The crisis that has erupted in Nigeria before, was it by Buhari also? Why did it take six days for the President of Nigeria to talk about this issue? Is he not the Chief Security Officer of Nigeria?
“Let’s not give a dog a bad name to hang it. General Buhari is not responsible for what happened in any form. It happened in Egypt, it is happening right now all over the world. The people deprived are fighting for their own survival and challenging the power of incumbency that is what has happened in our nation. I thank God it has been curtailed. I ‘m not interested in bloodletting, I have never being a violent person”.
On the detention of the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, he said: “I don’t have the details about the corruption allegation preferred against him. If by tomorrow, he tells me that he is guilty, I will tell you. But let them treat him anyhow, he will spill the beans and you will know that it is kleptomaniac that is going on in Nigeria. They are all thieves, government by thieves. Because if they jail him, he will name others who are involved in shady deals too. It is a systemic failure. They are all the same. What is the difference between the ACN and PDP? ACN is not different from PDP at all. There is no difference between ACN and PDP. In fact, ACN is the other side of the coin of PDP.
Latest Nigeria News
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well