THE General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly and running mate of Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) during the April 16 presidential election, Pastor Tunde Bakare, declared that it would be fool-hardy for “any bastard and the son of a concubine” to assume the leadership mantle of the Yoruba.
While preaching in his church in Lagos on the topic: “It is time to speak”, the fiery cleric said: “Look at the madness going on in Yoruba land. Imbecile, nincompoop, people without family background causing problem because of money, ill gotten wealth. If a town or settlement is at peace, the bastard there is yet to grow up.
“If you are a bastard, there is nothing you can do to cover up with money. Where is your father’s compound? A bastard pretending to be a patriot. We are proud of our heritage because we have goodly heritage. There are those who call themselves nobles who are under the influence of Jezebel. Until they drink kainkain, they cannot function. They pretend to be larger than life,” he added.
He likened the person angling to take over the leadership of the Yoruba to the Biblical Abimelech who forcefully took over a kingdom that did not belong to him and was eventually destroyed.
The Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) Vice Presidential candidate declared further: “If you are trusting the son of a concubine to deliver you, you are in trouble”.
On the 18th anniversary of the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential election won by the late Chief M.K.O. Abiola, he said: “I warned Abiola not to contest election but he wouldn’t listen to me. I said in one of my messages that was there no elder left in Abiola’s home to warn him not to contest? When I gave the message, Sunny Okosun stormed my church that I got it wrong this time around. I also told them what God said concerning both the National Republican Convention and the Social Democratic Party that the two parties would fail but nobody listened. I foretold the annulment also and Abiola wrote me after that asking: “What is God saying now?” and I replied: “Unless you ask Him”. The Yoruba leaders who said MKO Abiola would not stay in prison, that it would cause a serious crisis in the country, it turned out to be an empty boast. The same Yoruba leader who said Nigeria would go to blazes if he died in the gulag didn’t do anything when he was brought in a sack to Lagos for burial, instead their sons and daughters were made ministers”.
On President Goodluck Jonathan’s victory, he said: “Those who colluded with Jonathan to rig us out will suffer the consequence. After three years, the truth will unfold. If Jonathan’s victory was without rigging, everything will be well but if they rigged and are trying to cover up, the truth will soon unfold. The thing that will destroy the government is with them. Why did they allow the data capturing machine to capture us? One of our prayers at the presidential election petition that they should subject all the ballot papers they used in the South-South and South-East to a forensic text has been answered. “We learnt that Jega’s office got burnt the same afternoon the judgment was given in our favour. We pray that all the ballot papers are still intact. To me, all that we desire to happen is what June 12 did to the military. April 16 will do same to election riggers in Nigeria.
“In a particular ward in Calabar, only 6,468 people registered but they recorded over 70,000 votes for Jonathan alone during the presidential election. All these irregularities will not stand. They blamed the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) for the violence after the election, what brings violence is corruption. The crisis that has erupted in Nigeria before, was it by Buhari also? Why did it take six days for the President of Nigeria to talk about this issue? Is he not the Chief Security Officer of Nigeria?
“Let’s not give a dog a bad name to hang it. General Buhari is not responsible for what happened in any form. It happened in Egypt, it is happening right now all over the world. The people deprived are fighting for their own survival and challenging the power of incumbency that is what has happened in our nation. I thank God it has been curtailed. I ‘m not interested in bloodletting, I have never being a violent person”.
On the detention of the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, he said: “I don’t have the details about the corruption allegation preferred against him. If by tomorrow, he tells me that he is guilty, I will tell you. But let them treat him anyhow, he will spill the beans and you will know that it is kleptomaniac that is going on in Nigeria. They are all thieves, government by thieves. Because if they jail him, he will name others who are involved in shady deals too. It is a systemic failure. They are all the same. What is the difference between the ACN and PDP? ACN is not different from PDP at all. There is no difference between ACN and PDP. In fact, ACN is the other side of the coin of PDP.
About Article Author
Francisca (Viv) has over 10+ years of writing experience in press releases, feature articles, promotions, copywriting for small businesses and manufacturers in various industries. She brings a wealth of experience and is the "calmer" when these is a storm. She loves to travel and read.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- DIY: Prepare African Black Soap With Shea Butter
- Will RCCG Ever Remain The Same? Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Retirement
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community
- Sad! Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment
- OMG!! Woman Borrows Twins To Defraud Ex-Commissioner
- Shocking!! I Raped 11 Year Old Girl Purely For Money Rituals - Baba Mohammed
- 54 Commercial S3x Workers And 56 Patronizers Arrested In Calabar Hotel
- La Casera Fires Hundreds Of Workers And Shuts Down Operations