THE General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly and running mate of Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) during the April 16 presidential election, Pastor Tunde Bakare, declared that it would be fool-hardy for “any bastard and the son of a concubine” to assume the leadership mantle of the Yoruba.
While preaching in his church in Lagos on the topic: “It is time to speak”, the fiery cleric said: “Look at the madness going on in Yoruba land. Imbecile, nincompoop, people without family background causing problem because of money, ill gotten wealth. If a town or settlement is at peace, the bastard there is yet to grow up.
“If you are a bastard, there is nothing you can do to cover up with money. Where is your father’s compound? A bastard pretending to be a patriot. We are proud of our heritage because we have goodly heritage. There are those who call themselves nobles who are under the influence of Jezebel. Until they drink kainkain, they cannot function. They pretend to be larger than life,” he added.
He likened the person angling to take over the leadership of the Yoruba to the Biblical Abimelech who forcefully took over a kingdom that did not belong to him and was eventually destroyed.
The Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) Vice Presidential candidate declared further: “If you are trusting the son of a concubine to deliver you, you are in trouble”.
On the 18th anniversary of the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential election won by the late Chief M.K.O. Abiola, he said: “I warned Abiola not to contest election but he wouldn’t listen to me. I said in one of my messages that was there no elder left in Abiola’s home to warn him not to contest? When I gave the message, Sunny Okosun stormed my church that I got it wrong this time around. I also told them what God said concerning both the National Republican Convention and the Social Democratic Party that the two parties would fail but nobody listened. I foretold the annulment also and Abiola wrote me after that asking: “What is God saying now?” and I replied: “Unless you ask Him”. The Yoruba leaders who said MKO Abiola would not stay in prison, that it would cause a serious crisis in the country, it turned out to be an empty boast. The same Yoruba leader who said Nigeria would go to blazes if he died in the gulag didn’t do anything when he was brought in a sack to Lagos for burial, instead their sons and daughters were made ministers”.
On President Goodluck Jonathan’s victory, he said: “Those who colluded with Jonathan to rig us out will suffer the consequence. After three years, the truth will unfold. If Jonathan’s victory was without rigging, everything will be well but if they rigged and are trying to cover up, the truth will soon unfold. The thing that will destroy the government is with them. Why did they allow the data capturing machine to capture us? One of our prayers at the presidential election petition that they should subject all the ballot papers they used in the South-South and South-East to a forensic text has been answered. “We learnt that Jega’s office got burnt the same afternoon the judgment was given in our favour. We pray that all the ballot papers are still intact. To me, all that we desire to happen is what June 12 did to the military. April 16 will do same to election riggers in Nigeria.
“In a particular ward in Calabar, only 6,468 people registered but they recorded over 70,000 votes for Jonathan alone during the presidential election. All these irregularities will not stand. They blamed the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) for the violence after the election, what brings violence is corruption. The crisis that has erupted in Nigeria before, was it by Buhari also? Why did it take six days for the President of Nigeria to talk about this issue? Is he not the Chief Security Officer of Nigeria?
“Let’s not give a dog a bad name to hang it. General Buhari is not responsible for what happened in any form. It happened in Egypt, it is happening right now all over the world. The people deprived are fighting for their own survival and challenging the power of incumbency that is what has happened in our nation. I thank God it has been curtailed. I ‘m not interested in bloodletting, I have never being a violent person”.
On the detention of the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, he said: “I don’t have the details about the corruption allegation preferred against him. If by tomorrow, he tells me that he is guilty, I will tell you. But let them treat him anyhow, he will spill the beans and you will know that it is kleptomaniac that is going on in Nigeria. They are all thieves, government by thieves. Because if they jail him, he will name others who are involved in shady deals too. It is a systemic failure. They are all the same. What is the difference between the ACN and PDP? ACN is not different from PDP at all. There is no difference between ACN and PDP. In fact, ACN is the other side of the coin of PDP.
Latest Nigeria News
- Dogara Fights Back : Jibrin Smuggled Fake Projects Into The Budget
- Panic In Owerri Over Bombing Threat, Security Beefed Up
- I Have Not Been Paid For 5 Months Says Siasia
- Nnamdi Kanu: Biafra Restoration Not Personal Decision But Call From God Almighty
- Buhari Spits Fire: This Is What I Will Do To Corrupt APC Members
- NSCDC Rescues 9 Year Old Boy Chained For 2 Weeks Without Food In Celestial Church
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff
- Brent Oil Falls Below $50 As Nigeria Ups Production
- Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers Strike Again, Hit NNPC, Chevron Pipelines
- Alleged Fraud: Read What Happened To Diezani?s Ally In Court
- EFCC Removes Diezani From Money Laundering Trial
- Twitter Suspends Niger Delta Avengers Account
- Niger Delta Avengers Twitter Account Blocked
- Unbelievable: See What Woman Did To 9 Months Old Pregnant Woman (photos)
- Lagosians Beware: You May Go To Jail Today If You Are Caught Doing This
- Ikpeazu begs Court: I Want Appeal Against Ogah Settled At The Speed Of Light