A 'fake doctor' suspected of injecting a woman's bottom with cement, super glue and tyre sealant to give her a more 'shapely' rear has been arrested.
Transgendered woman Oneal Ron Morris, who by his own picture appears to have undergone the 'butt-boosting' procedure himself, is accused of administering the potentially lethal shots to at least one victim.
The 30-year-old, who police say is a man but appears to look like a woman, was detained in Florida yesterday for the alleged incident in May 2010.
Miami Gardens Police Department Sgt William Bamford said Morris first met with the as-yet unidentified victim to discuss the procedure.
He said: 'They agreed on the price of $700, which was intended for cosmetic purposes.'
But instead, police say the victim was given a series of injections containing cement, mineral oil and Fix-A-Flat tyre inflator and sealant.
The incision was sealed with super glue. Shortly after the surgery was carried out, she went on to suffer 'severe complications'.
Bamford told WPLG: 'A short time later, she develops very serious pains, abdomen, throughout her body. She knows something is wrong.'
He said the woman visited two local hospitals, before heading to Tampa General Hospital, where she received treatment.
She had developed an infection of drug-resistant bug MRSA at the wound and also developed pneumonia, but refused to reveal how it had happened.
Doctors at the hospital, worried it was the work of an unlicensed practitioner, reported the case to the Florida Department of Health.
But by the time they started to investigate, the victim had left the area.
Morris was eventually arrested in North Lauderdale in March 2011. He has been charged with practising medicine without a license and causing bodily harm.
The alleged incident is the latest in a long line of instances where women have suffered complications following illegal bottom enhancement procedures.
Dangerous: The cocktail injected into the woman's buttocks included cement
In February, 20-year-old British student Claudia Aderotimi, from London, died following a cosmetic buttocks injection administered in a Philadelphia hotel room.
In January, Whalesca Castillo, an unlicensed practitioner in New York City, was arrested for running an illegal business out of her home injecting women with liquid silicone in the buttocks and breasts.
And in 2010, a Miami woman, Ana Josefa Sevilla, was charged with a similar crime after one of her clients ended up in the emergency room with complications.
Buttock enhancement surgery is becoming popular in the U.S., among women who aspire to the shapely curves of Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce and singer Nicki Minaj.
The illusion of a larger backside has become increasingly more fashionable among young women since the rise of the 'Hip Hop Honey' phenomenon.
But experts have said undergoing unlicensed procedures is ‘like playing Russian roulette’.
Tragic: British student Claudia Aderotimi died following a cosmetic buttocks injection administered in a Philadelphia hotel room
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)