A 'fake doctor' suspected of injecting a woman's bottom with cement, super glue and tyre sealant to give her a more 'shapely' rear has been arrested.
Transgendered woman Oneal Ron Morris, who by his own picture appears to have undergone the 'butt-boosting' procedure himself, is accused of administering the potentially lethal shots to at least one victim.
The 30-year-old, who police say is a man but appears to look like a woman, was detained in Florida yesterday for the alleged incident in May 2010.
Miami Gardens Police Department Sgt William Bamford said Morris first met with the as-yet unidentified victim to discuss the procedure.
He said: 'They agreed on the price of $700, which was intended for cosmetic purposes.'
But instead, police say the victim was given a series of injections containing cement, mineral oil and Fix-A-Flat tyre inflator and sealant.
The incision was sealed with super glue. Shortly after the surgery was carried out, she went on to suffer 'severe complications'.
Bamford told WPLG: 'A short time later, she develops very serious pains, abdomen, throughout her body. She knows something is wrong.'
He said the woman visited two local hospitals, before heading to Tampa General Hospital, where she received treatment.
She had developed an infection of drug-resistant bug MRSA at the wound and also developed pneumonia, but refused to reveal how it had happened.
Doctors at the hospital, worried it was the work of an unlicensed practitioner, reported the case to the Florida Department of Health.
But by the time they started to investigate, the victim had left the area.
Morris was eventually arrested in North Lauderdale in March 2011. He has been charged with practising medicine without a license and causing bodily harm.
The alleged incident is the latest in a long line of instances where women have suffered complications following illegal bottom enhancement procedures.
Dangerous: The cocktail injected into the woman's buttocks included cement
In February, 20-year-old British student Claudia Aderotimi, from London, died following a cosmetic buttocks injection administered in a Philadelphia hotel room.
In January, Whalesca Castillo, an unlicensed practitioner in New York City, was arrested for running an illegal business out of her home injecting women with liquid silicone in the buttocks and breasts.
And in 2010, a Miami woman, Ana Josefa Sevilla, was charged with a similar crime after one of her clients ended up in the emergency room with complications.
Buttock enhancement surgery is becoming popular in the U.S., among women who aspire to the shapely curves of Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce and singer Nicki Minaj.
The illusion of a larger backside has become increasingly more fashionable among young women since the rise of the 'Hip Hop Honey' phenomenon.
But experts have said undergoing unlicensed procedures is ‘like playing Russian roulette’.
Tragic: British student Claudia Aderotimi died following a cosmetic buttocks injection administered in a Philadelphia hotel room
Latest Nigeria News
- NSCDC Rescues 9 Year Old Boy Chained For 2 Weeks Without Food In Celestial Church
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff
- Brent Oil Falls Below $50 As Nigeria Ups Production
- Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers Strike Again, Hit NNPC, Chevron Pipelines
- Alleged Fraud: Read What Happened To Diezani?s Ally In Court
- EFCC Removes Diezani From Money Laundering Trial
- Twitter Suspends Niger Delta Avengers Account
- Niger Delta Avengers Twitter Account Blocked
- Unbelievable: See What Woman Did To 9 Months Old Pregnant Woman (photos)
- Lagosians Beware: You May Go To Jail Today If You Are Caught Doing This
- Ikpeazu begs Court: I Want Appeal Against Ogah Settled At The Speed Of Light
- Yan Najeriya na kukan hauhawar farashin Kalanzir N220
- Buhari zai kaddamar da ayyukan kudu maso kudu?Jigon APC
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic zai koma Kungiyar Manchester United
- Sojoji sun kai hari ga yan?ta?addan dake neman tserewa
- Babban kotun tarayya ta mara ma Ali Modu Sherrif baya