You can call it subtle enmity, if you like. But the truth remains that some of our leading pastors are not the best of friends. As a matter of fact while some have been hiding theirs for years, there are those that even up till now cannot stand each other. Not only do they not talk, they readily abuse themselves whenever time permits. Come with us, and let us unmask these preachers of the word as well as serve you the genesis of all their quarrel.
CHRIS OYAKHILOME / T.B JOSHUA AND CHRIS OKOTIE:
We doubt whether there’s been any war like theirs in Christendom. Hugging the covers of nearly all the major papers in the country for weeks, even the Nigerian police, Pentecostal fellowship of Nigeria and Christian association of Nigeria had to wade in at some point. Okotie, founder of household of God church, accused his next door neighbour, Oyakhilome, of Christ embassy, of hobnobbing with Joshua, whom he described as a shamman, thus, contaminating the Body of Christ. And hell was literally let loose. Other men of God took sides and the war raged and raged. Till today, Okotie and Oyakhilome don’t relate. Likewise Okotie and Joshua, front man of synagogue church of all nations.
CHRIS OKOTIE/ANSLEM MADUBUKO:
Their disagreement then shocked a lot of people. Do you know why? Both of them used to be so close. They attended the same University of Nigeria, Nsukka where the fire of their friendship was ignited; were each other’s ‘best man’ and so on. Even when Okotie was reigning as a pop star, madubuko was backing him up from a corner as a D.J.
With the coming of household of God church, Okotie put Madubuko in charge of the healing ministry. Then, one day, one unforgettable day, he ordered madubuko out of the church – with a stern warning never to step into the church again. Of course, things ceased to be the same again for the two former close friends – even though, lately they’ve been trying to patch it up.
DAVID OYEDEPO/TUNDE BAKARE:
Hate him, like him, Pastor Tunde Bakare does not care. One other noticeable thing about him is that there is nobody he cannot chastise in the body of Christ or take on, one on one.
Obviously the Pentecostal radical, Bakare who was once rebuked by Pastor Stephen Akiola of Redemption Ministries Port Harcourt in front of his congregation when he (Bakare) invited him to a programme, condemning many things in his church including the dressing of his members is not a supporter of some of the things they do Oyedepo winners chapel – for example, anointing oil, handkerchief and so on – and repeatedly, he has criticized that. Even though Oyedepo has never responded to his criticisms, it should be expected that he wouldn’t be happy with him. Bakare pastors the latter rain assembly while Oyedepo is the G.O of winners’ chapel. But can we say all he does in his church is right?
PATRICK ANWUZIA/JOSEPH AGBOLI
Anwuzia and Agboli are brothers. They both come from Delta state and used to have a very chummy relationship until a wedge of asunder was put in between them. Like Adeyemi and Adegboyega, Agboli used to work for Anwuzia. But upon deciding to run with his destiny, palaver started – and till today, it still hasn’t been properly sorted out. Anwuzia started Zoe Ministries while Agboli is behind Victorious Army Ministries
SAM ADEYEMI/GEORGE ADEGBOYEGA
Adeyemi pastors Daystar Christian centre while Adegboyega is in charge of Rhema Chapel International. Before now, however, the former used to work for the latter. In fact, he was in charge of the latter’s Lagos branch and until he exited the ministry, both of them had a fantastic relationship. The rythm of the music only changed when Adeyemi said he wanted to be on his own. And till date, the relationship hasn’t been restored to its former state – owing majorly to how some issues were handled at the thick of the crisis.
Latest Nigeria News
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Ondo APC Secretariat Now A Shrine, See What Members Did (photos)
- How Adams Oshiomole Wasted Edo?s N1.4 Trillion ? PDP
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group