Barely two months after the gang-rape video of an unidentified female by five men suspected to be students of Abia State University was circulated on the internet and invoked nationwide condemnation, Nigerians on social networks and bloggers have continued to react to another video and pictures of an unidentified lady stripped and recorded by men who accused her of stealing a BlackBerry.
The video and pictures of the lady, which hit the Internet around November 12, showed the faces of some of the men partly as they fondled the lady’s breasts.
The men, who numbered about five, danced around her, and forcibly removed her clothes while the hapless lady was pleading for leniency.
Although voices could be heard in the background of the video, the voices were muffled by the music, which could be heard in the background. The video is believed to have been shot in what looked like a dance floor.
Meanwhile, bloggers and Facebookers have decried the treatment of the unidentified lady, noting that sexual abuse of women on allegation of stealing is fast becoming a trend in Nigeria.
A blogger who identified herself simply as Miz Tee said, "This is madness. What the heck is that? (sic) Because of a phone? Some Nigerian men are sexually depraved and mentally disturbed. They look for every opportunity to take out their sexual frustration on anyone. No excuse for this nonsense."
An anonymous blogger said, "Sincerely, I recoil anytime I see this kind of barbarity in the 21st Century Nigeria. I know our leaders are less than exemplary. But the followers are becoming the dumbest people on earth. Why should women suffer so much abuse? Why did they not hand her over to the police?"
As some of the comments on the video sounded sympathetic and critical of the way the lady was treated by the men, some appeared to see the incident as mere fun.
"So, the dudes are having a swell time playing with her nips, wicked men. I still can’t stop laughing," a comment reads.
In the last one month, about four of such videos have been posted on the Internet.
On November 4, two women, Morenike Dada and Dayo Richards were stripped and beaten in Akure, the Ondo State capital, after a popular youth in the city, Ade Fayehun, accused them of stealing his money at a motel. Their photographs were posted on the Internet and have since generated controversy in the state.
In their case, the state government seemed to have taken an interest in the incident as the state command of the Nigeria Police had arrested five suspects and vowed to prosecute those found culpable.
In some other photographs and videos of similar incidents posted on the Facebook, four naked ladies could be seen in one. The video and pictures were posted on the social network by men who reportedly accused the ladies of stealing their BlackBerry.
The ladies had allegedly walked up to some drunk men in a club, made some romantic moves towards them and stole their BlackBerry in the process.
In another incident involving a lady who allegedly stole a BlackBerry at the Computer Village, Ikeja area of Lagos, an unidentified lady was stripped, beaten and asked to hold the phone she allegedly stole while her pictures were taken.
The video and pictures of the lady were later posted on the Internet.
In most cases, the ladies involved were sexually abused by their accusers. However, a lady who was also recently caught for stealing a phone got a different treatment. She was stripped and paraded naked on a street by the people who caught her. In her picture posted on the internet, she was led through the streets by a woman.
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)