After about 25 years of construction work, the multimillion Naira National Temple of The Apostolic Church Nigeria, TAC, touted as the largest church in the world, has been inaugurated in Lagos. Sited at the international ground of the Church in Ketu, the newly dedicated temple has a sitting capacity of 100,000 worshippers at a time.
The national president of The Apostolic Church, TAC, and the chairman of LAWNA, Pastor Gabriel Olutola thanked God who enabled them to complete the temple. He described the temple as “The House built with prayer,” stressing that it is a symbol of the church’s unification.
Olutola also used the occasion of the dedication to appreciate the sterling qualities of the pioneer LAWNA chairman, late Pastor Samuel Adegboyega who laid the foundation 25 years ago. He lauded the efforts of the building committee, the national executive council of TAC and all the church members for their financial and spiritual support.
The National President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritstejafor who dedicated the temple second door, also appreciated God for the success of the project
In a sermon tagged; “The House of God”, the Cameroon president of TAC, Pastor Paul Tambe stated that if saints humble and pray God will answer their prayers and heal their land.
Earlier in an interview, the LAWNA president traced the genesis of the imposing cathedral to August 4, 1957 when Pastor Isaiah Sakpo received a prophecy about the building of a national temple for the church. The foundation laying ceremony for the project took place during his leadership of LAWNA.
However, after the foundation was laid by his predecessor on May 10, 1986, it had almost become a reproach to the church because of the ugly sight it created in such a prominent area of Lagos. When Pastor Samuel Jemigbon came on board, he decided to take this reproach away.
He created a separate department for the national temple project with qualified accountants and other experienced professionals to supervise the work.
According to Olutola: “We have being on this project and at a point we met a contractor who promised to complete the work for us for N14.3 million. We gave him an advance of N5 million but he did not do one quarter of the job before he started demanding for another N5 million which is a clear indication that N40 million would not finish the job. We spent almost N27 million on the painting alone.
Olutola who could not tell the exact cost of completing the edifice, however, told our reporters that the floor tiles alone gulped about N143 million.
“I will need the assistance of the accountants who would do a lot of mathematics for us to get the whole amount because by the time we wanted to paint, we discovered that there were some errors with the pillars and the walls. And we have to engage another contractor who came to perfect the job and what we thought would cost us between 300,000 and 600,000, cost us N2.3 million.
“There were other minor jobs like that which made us to spend much more than we originally budgeted for. We had to lay cables for our public address systems separately, lighting and video,” he stated.
Click Links Below To Read Related Articles:
Latest Nigeria News
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well