Two females in a bus conveying passengers from Lagos to Abuja were last Tuesday raped by armed robbers who attacked their bus at Sagamu area of Ogun State.
It was gathered that the three-man gang armed robbers were among the passengers that boarded the bus at Jibowu area of Lagos.
But on getting to Sagamu, they brought out their guns, ordered the driver to stop and then diverted the bus.
The Station Manager, Ifesinachi Bus Transit, the operator of the vehicle, who identified himself simply as Nelson, confirmed the incident. He said the victims would be compensated.
He said, “Truly, the bus was robbed, and I immediately left to meet the victims when the report got to us.
“I addressed everybody, including the two girls that were raped. Some were given money to return home while others were advised to report at our Jibowu office for another bus to convey them to Abuja the next day.
“Some of them disagreed with the arrangement. I spoke to the two ladies that were raped in privacy and volunteered to take them to the hospital. One of them refused and the other who said she was 18-year-old accepted.
Nelson admitted that the passengers were not checked before they boarded the vehicle, saying he thought the style used by the robbers was no longer in vogue.
“We are sorry for not checking the passengers but you need to understand that nobody is perfect. There was also security arrangement we put in place but we stopped when we felt things had normalised. This was part of the reasons why we don’t operate night buses,” he said.
On the insinuation that the bus’ driver could have been the mastermind of the robbery, the station manager said all their workers were reliable.
Nelson said, “He parked at Somolu because of the limited space at our office. I could have called him but his phone and other valuables were also taken by the robbers.”
A final year pupil of the Nigeria Military School, Kaduna State, who was one of the victims, Feyisa Ayo-Vaughan, said the robbery took place few hours after they left Lagos.
He said, “We left Lagos around 8am. On getting to Sagamu, one of them brought out a pistol, pointed it at the driver and took over the steering and drove us into the bush. We were searched, robbed, and then the two girls were raped.”
The pupil, who lost his documents and money to the robbers, said the documents might affect his leaving the school in August.
Another victim of the robbery, who is also a pupil of the NMS, Silas Anure, said the attack was like a dream.
“They drove us into the bush and collected our money and even raped two girls. Two of the robbers slept with one girl, while the other two robbers slept with the second girl,” he claimed.
About Article Author
Francisca (Viv) has over 10+ years of writing experience in press releases, feature articles, promotions, copywriting for small businesses and manufacturers in various industries. She brings a wealth of experience and is the "calmer" when these is a storm. She loves to travel and read.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Will RCCG Ever Remain The Same? Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Retirement
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast