Colonel Gaddafi beat and raped kidnapped schoolgirls he used as sex slaves in between checking his emails, according to a new book.
French reporter Annick Cojean gathered horrific accounts from the girls forced into the former Libyan dictator’s harem for the account published last week.
One victim, named as Soraya, was 15 when she was abducted in 2004 by the late tyrant’s ‘talent scouts’ after she was chosen to give him a bouquet when he visited her school.
Gaddafi had accepted the gift before placing his hand on her head, a sign she now realises meant ‘I want this one’.
The next day women in uniform appeared at her mother’s hair salon in Sirte and explained Gaddafi or The Guide, wanted her for another ‘bouquet ceremony’.
She was driven for hours through the desert, had blood taken and her breasts measured before being stripped and shaved.
After being dressed in a thong and low-cut white satin dress, Soraya was escorted to Gaddafi’s bedroom and was shocked to find him naked.
‘He grabbed my hand and forced me to sit next to him on the bed,’ she recounts, adding: ‘I didn’t dare look at him.
‘He said, “Don’t be afraid. I’m your papa. That’s what you call me, isn’t it? But I’m also your brother and your lover. I’m going to be all that for you. Because you are going to stay and live with me forever.”‘
Initially she fought him off and was sent off for lessons from Mabrouka, a sour-faced woman in charge of his ‘harem’.
He had said: ‘Teach her, educate her and bring her back.’
Describing herself as a ‘sacrificial lamb’ Gaddafi repeatedly raped, beat and urinated on the teenager during her five years in captivity, according to the book Les Proies: Dans le harem de Kadhafi (Prey: In Gaddafi’s Harem).
Sometimes other girls would join them. When another girl performed oral sex on Gaddafi he would tell Soraya to ‘Watch and learn,’ while Mabrouka gave her porn films to watch as ‘homework’.
Another victim, Houda, who was 18 when she met Gaddafi said he abused her for five years after she agreed to have sex with him if he freed her brother.
Well known as a tyrant, the women’s accounts have helped to paint Gaddafi – or Papa Muammar as he liked to be called – in an even more monstrous light, outing him as a repugnant sadist for whom rape was a daily activity.
One girl describes how she was forced to wear lacy underwear and watch porn films. She added that Gaddafi had ‘needed’ several girls every day.
He also raped boys, sometimes in Soraya’s presence.
The book also reveals how Gaddafi’s sex slave victims are still suffering after being rejected by their families for having sex when they were not married.
Soraya says she lives in fear of her brothers, who may want to kill her to ‘wipe away the shame’.
Female visitors were routinely subjected to blood tests by Gaddafi’s nurses to make sure they were disease free in case he wanted to have sex with them.
Marie Colvin, the Sunday Times journalist killed in Syria last year, reported that a nurse had approached her with a needle when she was in Tripoli to interview Gaddafi. She declined to give blood.
When he was alive Gaddafi was always surrounded by uniformed women, but far from being security guards they were his sexual playthings kept at the dictator’s beck and call, according to the book.
It also describes how Gaddafi kept a secret flat at Tripoli University to ‘entertain students’.
Ms Cojean, a reporter for French newspaper Le Monde, said the accounts is the book had been one of her ‘most painful investigations’.
In an interview with France24, she said: ‘For Gaddafi, rape was a weapon…a way of dominating others – women, obviously, because it was easy, but also men, by possessing their wives and daughters.’
Latest Nigeria News
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well
- Jibrin Claims: Dogara Bribing Members With $25,000,
- Patoranking Reportedly Denied Entry Into Uganda
- Seems Shekau Is Finally Dead, He Will Forever Be In Hell Says Nigerians
- Father Mbaka Tells Buhari: I Can Not Keep Quiet, There's Poverty Everywhere