Four young University of Port Harcourt students (all in their early 20s) were yesterday tortured and burnt alive by indigenes of Aluu community, in Rivers State in hazy circumstances.
According to accounts, five students went to the community to carry some sort of cult activity when they were accosted and arrested at around 5.30am by vigilante group in the community that has a recent history of armed robberies.
One of the five escaped, while the four others were taken before the community leaders who passed judgment on them, after which they were tortured and burnt to death.
These guys-identified as Ugonna, Chidiaka and Llyod-are said to be 200 level students of UniPort who went to steal in the community in the wee hours of the morning, but met their water loo when somehow, the members of the community alerted each and were able to apprehend them before they could escape.
It is reported that during the operation, a villager was shot, and this further angered members of the community leading to the eventual untimely death of the alleged robbers.
The alleged robbers after they were caught, were beaten-as depicted in the picture above-then set ablaze, before the police could intervene.
At this point, I must say,that the idea of jungle justice is completely wrong and unacceptable. Many people have been victims from mistaken identity, and their lives wasted for no reason.
Even more sad is the fact that people were watching while these guys were beaten to death. Why not just apprehend them and hand them over to the appropriate authorities???A lot of Nigerian sure need re-orientation.
We contacted a student who witnessed the whole act and he gave us Full details about what happened. According to him, The Students involved are Cultists, They went to Attack Someone, they were about 5 in number, , so on their way out, A girl saw them and screamed, these alerted people and they attacked them.. One of them escaped and the remaining 4 were caught with Weapons and beaten by a man [Though they were already helpless and weak after being attacked by the crowd] , Hitting them Mercilessly and bringing them to a slow and painful death.. The man later Got Fuel and poured it in their mouth and lit it., Burning one student!, The man was stopped with the arrival of the police so he couldn’t burn the rest, they were later taken to the mortuary where the families of the deceased Came to claim the corpse…
The news about Stealing of Phones, Laptops, e.t.c are all Lies, probably in a bid to Stall Investigations.. Since they said they were mobbed!!..
The name of the Students are Ugonna, Ilyod, Tekana and Chidiaka
Click Links Below To Read Related News:
Latest Nigeria News
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well
- Jibrin Claims: Dogara Bribing Members With $25,000,
- Patoranking Reportedly Denied Entry Into Uganda