There is an indication that injured Governor Danbaba Suntai of Taraba may be flown to Germany for what sources at the National Hospital in Abuja described as “intensive treatment.”
Saturday PUNCH gathered that an air ambulance chartered by Governor Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State arrived early on Friday morning and left Yola for Abuja later in the day.
However, the governor’s aide de camp and other victims of the plane crash are being treated at the Federal Medical Centre in Yola.
Suntai was flying to Yola before the aircraft conveying him, a Cessna 208 plane, crashed behind the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation depot in Yola at about 18 nautical miles to Yola Airport.
Nyako, who was visibly disturbed by the accident, is one of the closest governors to Suntai and has been at the bedside of the injured governor since the plane crash occurred.
Suntai, his ADC and four other people were onboard at the time of the incident.
It was said that the ill-fated aircraft, with the governor as the pilot, was approaching the airport for landing, when it suddenly lost contact with the control tower.
It was leant that after losing contact with the radar, Suntai’s attempts to ascend was unsuccessful as the aircraft crash landed. All the passengers survived, though with varying degrees of injuries.
Hospital sources said the governor sustained an injury on his arm, head and abdomen. He was rushed into an ambulance provided by Nyako, to the German Medical Diagnostic Section of the Specialist Hospital, Yola. The other victims, including a white man, were taken to the FMC Yola.
Latest Nigeria News
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Ondo APC Secretariat Now A Shrine, See What Members Did (photos)
- How Adams Oshiomole Wasted Edo?s N1.4 Trillion ? PDP
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily