The government of Akwa Ibom State has confirmed that Godswill Akpabio like his Rivers State counterpart, Governor Rotimi Amaechi, also owns a brand new jet.
Akpabio took possession of the $45 million jet in June 2012.
Responding to SaharaReporters inquiries, Akwa Ibom Commissioner for Information, Aniekan Ummanah, confirmed that Mr. Akpabio bought the Gulfstream jet manufactured in 2011, but insisted that that it is Akwa Ibom State property.
As already published by SaharaReporters, Governor Amaechi’s gleaming new toy is a Bombardier Global 5000 (N565RS), which he acquired for his exclusive use.
Governor Akpabio’s state of the art jet, which carries FAA registration number N224BH, was interestingly purchased by the same Bank of Utah Trust account used by the Rivers state government. The deal was handled by a trust attorney at the bank and delivered to Mr. Akpabio.
Records show that Governor Akpabio, whose deputy resigned yesterday, has travelled abroad in the jet regularly, especially to and within the United States, since the acquisition.
A flight tracking website provided the following information regarding Mr. Akpabio's penchant for traveling on the jet. These flights do not show Nigeria movements:
Origin Destination Departed Arrival
28-Sep-2012 GLF4/Q Westchester County (KHPN) Cologne Bonn (EDDK / CGN) 11:50AM EDT 12:28AM CEST (+1) (?) 6:38
28-Sep-2012 GLF4/Q Savannah/Hilton Head Intl (KSAV) Westchester County (KHPN) 07:00AM EDT 08:42AM EDT 1:42
24-Sep-2012 GLF4/Q Westchester County (KHPN) Savannah/Hilton Head Intl (KSAV) 11:23PM EDT 01:05AM EDT (+1) 1:42
24-Sep-2012 GLF4/Q Dusseldorf Int'l (EDDL / DUS) Westchester County (KHPN) 08:20PM CEST 10:21PM EDT 8:01
06-Aug-2012 GLF4/Q Westchester County (KHPN) Malaga (LEMG / AGP) 01:49PM EDT 02:42AM CEST (+1) (?) 6:53
05-Aug-2012 GLF4/Q William P Hobby (KHOU) Westchester County (KHPN) 08:01PM CDT 12:06AM EDT (+1) 3:05
03-Aug-2012 GLF4/Q Dallas Love Field (KDAL) William P Hobby (KHOU) 08:48AM CDT 09:25AM CDT 0:37
01-Aug-2012 GLF4/Q William P Hobby (KHOU) Dallas Love Field (KDAL) 03:53PM CDT 04:35PM CDT 0:42
01-Aug-2012 GLF4/Q Dallas Love Field (KDAL) William P Hobby (KHOU) 10:49AM CDT 11:26AM CDT 0:37
29-Jul-2012 GLF4/Q William P Hobby (KHOU) Dallas Love Field (KDAL) 10:05AM CDT 10:47AM CDT 0:42
28-Jul-2012 GLF4/Q Bangor Intl (KBGR) William P Hobby (KHOU) 01:40PM EDT 04:30PM CDT 3:50
28-Jul-2012 GLF4/Q Dusseldorf Int'l (EDDL / DUS) Bangor Intl (KBGR) 11:44AM CEST 12:44PM EDT 7:00
It would be recalled that one week ago in Yola, Adamawa State, Governor Danbaba Suntai of Taraba State crashed a Cessna 208, 5N-BMJ, he was flying personally at the time. He has since been airlifted to Germany for treatment, his injured passengers left in a local hospital.
These expensive jet-buying and flying stories concerning Nigeria state governors provide greater proof of muddled priorities, and sometimes, outright corruption, in the administration of the States, where the chief executives and their inner circles live in insensitive luxury despite the despicable general condition of the average citizen. When they get off their jets, they usually have waiting for them all kinds of exotic cars and long convoys.
Sources told SaharaReporters that Mr. Suntai, an aviation enthusiast, owns two aircraft and a helicopter. Aviation sources also said he also owns an airstrip in his village which he built with embezzled state funds.
Governor Akpabio’s new jet puts him squarely among Nigeria’s new jet set of top government officials, connected businessmen and lavish-spending pastors, among whom luxury private jets are the new status symbol.
Latest Nigeria News
- NSCDC Rescues 9 Year Old Boy Chained For 2 Weeks Without Food In Celestial Church
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff
- Brent Oil Falls Below $50 As Nigeria Ups Production
- Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers Strike Again, Hit NNPC, Chevron Pipelines
- Alleged Fraud: Read What Happened To Diezani?s Ally In Court
- EFCC Removes Diezani From Money Laundering Trial
- Twitter Suspends Niger Delta Avengers Account
- Niger Delta Avengers Twitter Account Blocked
- Unbelievable: See What Woman Did To 9 Months Old Pregnant Woman (photos)
- Lagosians Beware: You May Go To Jail Today If You Are Caught Doing This
- Ikpeazu begs Court: I Want Appeal Against Ogah Settled At The Speed Of Light
- Yan Najeriya na kukan hauhawar farashin Kalanzir N220
- Buhari zai kaddamar da ayyukan kudu maso kudu?Jigon APC
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic zai koma Kungiyar Manchester United
- Sojoji sun kai hari ga yan?ta?addan dake neman tserewa
- Babban kotun tarayya ta mara ma Ali Modu Sherrif baya