The government of Akwa Ibom State has confirmed that Godswill Akpabio like his Rivers State counterpart, Governor Rotimi Amaechi, also owns a brand new jet.
Akpabio took possession of the $45 million jet in June 2012.
Responding to SaharaReporters inquiries, Akwa Ibom Commissioner for Information, Aniekan Ummanah, confirmed that Mr. Akpabio bought the Gulfstream jet manufactured in 2011, but insisted that that it is Akwa Ibom State property.
As already published by SaharaReporters, Governor Amaechi’s gleaming new toy is a Bombardier Global 5000 (N565RS), which he acquired for his exclusive use.
Governor Akpabio’s state of the art jet, which carries FAA registration number N224BH, was interestingly purchased by the same Bank of Utah Trust account used by the Rivers state government. The deal was handled by a trust attorney at the bank and delivered to Mr. Akpabio.
Records show that Governor Akpabio, whose deputy resigned yesterday, has travelled abroad in the jet regularly, especially to and within the United States, since the acquisition.
A flight tracking website provided the following information regarding Mr. Akpabio's penchant for traveling on the jet. These flights do not show Nigeria movements:
Origin Destination Departed Arrival
28-Sep-2012 GLF4/Q Westchester County (KHPN) Cologne Bonn (EDDK / CGN) 11:50AM EDT 12:28AM CEST (+1) (?) 6:38
28-Sep-2012 GLF4/Q Savannah/Hilton Head Intl (KSAV) Westchester County (KHPN) 07:00AM EDT 08:42AM EDT 1:42
24-Sep-2012 GLF4/Q Westchester County (KHPN) Savannah/Hilton Head Intl (KSAV) 11:23PM EDT 01:05AM EDT (+1) 1:42
24-Sep-2012 GLF4/Q Dusseldorf Int'l (EDDL / DUS) Westchester County (KHPN) 08:20PM CEST 10:21PM EDT 8:01
06-Aug-2012 GLF4/Q Westchester County (KHPN) Malaga (LEMG / AGP) 01:49PM EDT 02:42AM CEST (+1) (?) 6:53
05-Aug-2012 GLF4/Q William P Hobby (KHOU) Westchester County (KHPN) 08:01PM CDT 12:06AM EDT (+1) 3:05
03-Aug-2012 GLF4/Q Dallas Love Field (KDAL) William P Hobby (KHOU) 08:48AM CDT 09:25AM CDT 0:37
01-Aug-2012 GLF4/Q William P Hobby (KHOU) Dallas Love Field (KDAL) 03:53PM CDT 04:35PM CDT 0:42
01-Aug-2012 GLF4/Q Dallas Love Field (KDAL) William P Hobby (KHOU) 10:49AM CDT 11:26AM CDT 0:37
29-Jul-2012 GLF4/Q William P Hobby (KHOU) Dallas Love Field (KDAL) 10:05AM CDT 10:47AM CDT 0:42
28-Jul-2012 GLF4/Q Bangor Intl (KBGR) William P Hobby (KHOU) 01:40PM EDT 04:30PM CDT 3:50
28-Jul-2012 GLF4/Q Dusseldorf Int'l (EDDL / DUS) Bangor Intl (KBGR) 11:44AM CEST 12:44PM EDT 7:00
It would be recalled that one week ago in Yola, Adamawa State, Governor Danbaba Suntai of Taraba State crashed a Cessna 208, 5N-BMJ, he was flying personally at the time. He has since been airlifted to Germany for treatment, his injured passengers left in a local hospital.
These expensive jet-buying and flying stories concerning Nigeria state governors provide greater proof of muddled priorities, and sometimes, outright corruption, in the administration of the States, where the chief executives and their inner circles live in insensitive luxury despite the despicable general condition of the average citizen. When they get off their jets, they usually have waiting for them all kinds of exotic cars and long convoys.
Sources told SaharaReporters that Mr. Suntai, an aviation enthusiast, owns two aircraft and a helicopter. Aviation sources also said he also owns an airstrip in his village which he built with embezzled state funds.
Governor Akpabio’s new jet puts him squarely among Nigeria’s new jet set of top government officials, connected businessmen and lavish-spending pastors, among whom luxury private jets are the new status symbol.
About Article Author
Francisca (Viv) has over 10+ years of writing experience in press releases, feature articles, promotions, copywriting for small businesses and manufacturers in various industries. She brings a wealth of experience and is the "calmer" when these is a storm. She loves to travel and read.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian British Councillor, Chika Amadi Suspended by Labour Party for Anti-gay Comments...See Details
- Heartbreaking: Woman Spotted Half-N*ked in Public Begging for Help After Losing 4 Kids in Kerosene Explosion
- Drama At A Funeral Ground As Drunken Friends Stop Pastor From Preaching Because Its Against Their Believe
- Horror: 9 Soldiers Currently Feared Dead in Borno As Boko Haram Attacks Oil Workers
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community
- Sad! Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment
- OMG!! Woman Borrows Twins To Defraud Ex-Commissioner
- Shocking!! I Raped 11 Year Old Girl Purely For Money Rituals - Baba Mohammed
- 54 Commercial S3x Workers And 56 Patronizers Arrested In Calabar Hotel