A former councillor of Amuwo-Odofin Local Government Area of Lagos State, Onimole Babatunde, is currently being detained at the Area E Police Command, Festac, Lagos for allegedly stabbing an 18-year-old girl in the neck after she refused his advances at a night club.
PUNCH Metro learnt that on October 26, Mariam Abubakar went to Pearl Habour Night Club in Rochester Garden Hotel, Festac to “catch weekend fun.”
Her friend, who pleaded anonymity, said they only went there “to hang out” when Babatunde, who was obviously drunk, started to make advances to Abubakar.
She said, “She was not interested in him so she did not answer when he called her. He was dancing and Mariam (Abubakar) was sitting at a table. He was obviously drunk and he came to pull her.
“He was manhandling her and she insisted he should leave her alone. This did not go down well with Babatunde and he was really angry. He went to a corner, took a bottle, broke it and stabbed Mariam in the neck.”
According to the source, Babatunde fled the scene immediately.
A police source at Area E told our correspondent that the preliminary report obtained indicated that the incident occurred at about 1:30am.
He said Abubakar bled profusely at the scene before she was taken to Naval Hospital, Ojo by sympathisers at the night club.
The source said she was not admitted because those who took her there could not produce a police report.
“That was when someone notified our station (Area E Command) and we went to take her to Ajeromi General Hospital,” he said.
It was learnt that as Abubakar was being taken to the general hospital, she went into a coma.
She was said to have been revived at the general hospital. A nurse at the hospital, who craved anonymity, told our correspondent that she had lost about 20 per cent of her blood.
Abubakar is currently under intensive care at the hospital.
However, the police said the night club workers destroyed evidence at the scene of the alleged crime by cleaning up Abubakar’s blood on the floor.
The hotel has currently been sealed off by the police because the management did not report the incident.
It was learnt that the police got wind of Babatunde’s whereabouts, said to be holing up somewhere in Ikoyi and called him to simply come and write a statement. But he was detained immediately he got to the station.
The police spokesperson, Ngozi Braide, said she had not been briefed on the case.
Latest Nigeria News
- Budget Padding Scandalous, Rubbishes Buhari?s Anti-Graft Crusade Says Afenifere
- 35 FRSC Crushed To Death By Drivers, 1 Loses Manhood
- Man Stoned And Burnt To Death For Stealing 3 Month Old Baby
- Stephen Keshi?s Burial Rites Commence Today
- Dogara Fights Back : Jibrin Smuggled Fake Projects Into The Budget
- Panic In Owerri Over Bombing Threat, Security Beefed Up
- I Have Not Been Paid For 5 Months Says Siasia
- Nnamdi Kanu: Biafra Restoration Not Personal Decision But Call From God Almighty
- Buhari Spits Fire: This Is What I Will Do To Corrupt APC Members
- NSCDC Rescues 9 Year Old Boy Chained For 2 Weeks Without Food In Celestial Church
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff
- Brent Oil Falls Below $50 As Nigeria Ups Production
- Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers Strike Again, Hit NNPC, Chevron Pipelines
- Alleged Fraud: Read What Happened To Diezani?s Ally In Court
- EFCC Removes Diezani From Money Laundering Trial
- Twitter Suspends Niger Delta Avengers Account