One of the seven suspects in the death of Cynthia Osokogu, murdered in cold blood in her hotel room in Lagos, has brought a N50 million suit against the Nigeria Police for damages.
Gideon Okechukwu, who allegedly drove the killers to the hotel, also joined the Attorney-General of the Federation in the suit in which he said that the fee would cover “general and aggravated damages.”
Mr. Okechukwu, 39, also demanded a public apology to be published by the respondents in a “conspicuous portion” of a national newspaper.
On Monday, all the suspects in the murder case were brought to the Yaba Magistrate Court where the advice of the Directorate of Public Prosecution was to be read.
However, the court observing its annual leave meant they had to be returned to the Kirikiri Prisons until November 27, the date fixed for the court to sit.
The police had said in its investigations that Mr. Okechukwu, an unregistered cab driver, drove Okwumo Nwabufor, a prime suspect in the murder case, and Ms. Osokogu to Cosmilla Hotel in Festac where the latter was strangled to death.
The police also stated that Mr. Okechukwu usually drove Mr. Nwabufo during his numerous operations and also aids him in escaping from crime scenes.
In the suit, deposed at the Lagos High Court, Greg Anumenechi, counsel to the suspect, denied all the claims, adding that his client has been in police detention since August 20 without being charged to court. Mr. Anumenechi also stated that the forceful seizure of his client’s Mazda 626 car is unlawful and a violation of his right.
CLICK LINKS BELOW TO READ RELATED ARTICLES:
Latest Nigeria News
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well
- Jibrin Claims: Dogara Bribing Members With $25,000,
- Patoranking Reportedly Denied Entry Into Uganda
- Seems Shekau Is Finally Dead, He Will Forever Be In Hell Says Nigerians
- Father Mbaka Tells Buhari: I Can Not Keep Quiet, There's Poverty Everywhere
- Herdsmen Go Berserk, Run Down Communities In 2 States