She just endured a 20 hour flight after jetting to Nigeria for less than a day. So it was no wonder Kim Kardashian looked exhausted as she touched down at LAX airport on Monday.
While she had a full application of make-up applied to her visage, the pregnant star appeared sleepy-eyed as she walked through the terminal.
Ready for bed: Kim Kardashian arrives home from Nigeria looking tired after her brief stay in the African country
The 31-year-old reality star kept her bump hidden beneath a simple white shirt which she teamed with black trousers.
But she did manage a smile for the cameras, perhaps glad to be home.
The 32-year-old tweeted: 'Just landed back home! 20 hrs of flying. No big deal.'
Following her controversial trips to the Middle East and the Ivory Coast earlier this year, the reality star headed to Nigeria on Sunday.
Despite staying less than a day in the city of Lagos, she was paid a reported $500,000 for her fleeting visit, angering some commentators in the African country.
Kim's visit to Nigeria unfortunately coincided with the kidnapping of seven foreigners, including one Briton, by armed men in the north of the country. An Islamist group later claimed responsibility.
Hiding her bump: A fresh-faced Kim wore a white shirt that covered her pregnancy curves
The mother-to-be was billed to 'co-host' the Love Like A Movie event with African R'n'B crooner Darey Art-Alade, for which tickets cost N100,000, or $640.
But according to local reports Kim stayed at the event for 45 minutes, making a 45-second statement on the microphone.
Independent Nigerian TV station Channels Television reported: 'There were disappointments after Kim Kardashian came on stage for only 40 seconds.'
The channel posted pictures of the smiling star wearing a black leather dress, posing alongside the performers including 2Face, Waje, Banky W, Ice Prince, Mo’Eazy and Zaina.
Guardian blogger Jeremy Weate described how Kim's visit was an example of the country's economic elite 'blowing its money on bling puffery while most of the country suffers'.
He wrote: 'Ms Kardashian appeared, said, "Hey Naija" and vamoosed. The rumour was that she'd been paid 500,000 Benjamins for the honour of mixing with the petro-class.'
Commentators in the country made reference to Kim's infamous sex tape as they queried why a woman of dubious 'moral rating' should be in the country at all.
This Day newspaper's Eddy Odivwri wrote: 'Many families are not exactly comfortable with her lifestyle, as she hardly cuts the image of a role model to a generation in need of a moral dress up.'
But Odivwri did welcome her visit as a sign that the country was an attractive destination to celebrities.
'Despite what is considered as Nigeria's many drawbacks, the nation remains yet a destination point to several international personages... the latest to visit... is Kim Kardashian, the world's most famous American reality show celebrity.'
Lukewarm reception: Not everyone was happy about Kim's well-paid trip to Nigeria
Kim was criticised for her brief marriage to Kris Humphries, with Charles Mgbolu for AllAfrica writing: 'It is uncertain how much Kim is loved in Nigeria as she fell sour to a lot of her fans after her divorce with former hubby Kris Humphries in a marriage that lasted barely 72 days.'
And it wasn't just in Nigeria that eyebrows were raised, with Ghana based site GhanaCelebrities.com writing: 'My questions is; what is wrong with us Africans?
'When did Kim Kardashian become so good at hosting that she has to be paid thousands of dollars and be brought to Nigeria to handle a concert?'
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian British Councillor, Chika Amadi Suspended by Labour Party for Anti-gay Comments...See Details
- Heartbreaking: Woman Spotted Half-N*ked in Public Begging for Help After Losing 4 Kids in Kerosene Explosion
- Drama At A Funeral Ground As Drunken Friends Stop Pastor From Preaching Because Its Against Their Believe
- Horror: 9 Soldiers Currently Feared Dead in Borno As Boko Haram Attacks Oil Workers
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community
- Sad! Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment
- OMG!! Woman Borrows Twins To Defraud Ex-Commissioner
- Shocking!! I Raped 11 Year Old Girl Purely For Money Rituals - Baba Mohammed
- 54 Commercial S3x Workers And 56 Patronizers Arrested In Calabar Hotel