Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, in one of his popular hit songs on religious leaders and their followers the world over, said pastors’ houses are always the best. According to Fela in pidgin English, “pastor’s house na hin dey fine pass.”
But Fela did not reckon with the flashy wives of most Nigerian pastors when he sang that song, perhaps because the phenomenon became pronounced after Fela died in 1997.
A review by P.M.NEWS suggests that these pastors look first, for beauty and brawn before several other considerations of their dream partners. And according to Chris Nwachukwu, a businessman resident in Benin, the Edo state capital, southsouth Nigeria, it shows that apart from having deep faith in God, the pastors also have a very good taste. And that is why most of them go for very beautiful wives.
“Who does not like a good thing? Besides, their wives help them in their ministries and since they know that they have good looking wives as partners, it makes them focus on their calling rather than continue hunting for other women,” he said.
Flashy nigerian pastors’ wives
According to Tunde Opetomi, a resident of Lagos and churchgoer, “beautiful women can be a reward from the Lord. Men like Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were married to beauties and Sarah was still being chased by other men even in her old age. Can you beat that?”
With such beauty and in most cases brawn, pastors’ wives, often referred to as “mummy” by church members, have become celebrities. Here are the profiles of some the wave-making pastors’ wives:
HELEN ORITSEJAFOR: She is the delectable wife of the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and General Overseer of the Word of Life Bible Church, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor. She is also the President-General of the Daughters of Sarah Fellowship and Chief Host of “Family tips” on the Daughters of Sarah Kitchen Corner TV programme and “Mama Helen and You”, a regular talk show on ABN Africa.
While supporting her husband in the propagation of the message of the Christian faith, this woman, known for her gorgeous dressing and lifestyle, also runs the Eagle Flight Micro Finance Bank in Warri, Delta state. The mother of three, who got married to the CAN President after the death of his first wife, Stella, once told an interviewer that she could take the bullet for her husband.
ANITA OYAKHILOME: With a skin colour that looks very attractive, this mother of two is nothing but flashy. She is the wife of popular televangelist, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of the Believers Love World also known as Christ Embassy. Pastor Anita is the Director of the Christ Embassy’s International Office and head of the church branch in the United Kingdom.
Anita, an author of Christian books, also co-publishes Rhapsody of Realities with her husband. A website described her as dealing only in very expensive fashion materials that add to her attractiveness just like her flamboyant husband.
NIKE ADEYEMI: The wife of Pastor Sam Adeyemi of DayStar Christian Centre, Oregun, Lagos and mother of three, has grown into a very successful preacher through her support for her husband’s ministry. She dresses simply but creates that attractive ambience whenever she steps out.
The soft-spoken graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife where she studied Architecture is in her mid-40s and co-heads the church that boasts of thousands of youths currently. Currently, she oversees some specialised programmes centred on women and their challenges in life. Born to the family of Professor Gabriel and Princess Aderonke Ogunmola in Ibadan, Oyo state, Pastor Nike is the founder of the Real Woman Foundation
EVELYN JOSHUA: She is very appealing, yet would hardly portray herself as the wife of one of the most respected prophets in Nigeria and head of the Synagogue Church of All Nations, Prophet TB Joshua. Like her husband, she is very humble, easy-going, ever-smiling but would never be seen to exude that power which many thinks she has.
However, church members say this woman, who is not a publicity freak, remains a fantastic counsellor who would always show her love for the prophet at every given opportunity.
Though her husband is considered one of the richest clerics in Africa, her mature dress sense portrays a woman who is never bothered about the expensive things of life. This may be a major reason she prefers to remain in the shadows supporting her husband whom she says she is lucky to get married to.
BLESSING AGBOLI: She is a nurse by training and the beautiful wife of the General Overseer of Victorious Army Ministries, Rev. Joseph Agboli. Mostly referred to as Mama Blessing, the Akumaji, Delta state-born woman plays a prominent role in the church as a co-pastor.
However, Mama Blessing’s love for jewelry and other such flashy fashion items cannot be rivalled. It is believed that in Nigeria, she is one of the best dressed pastors’ wives.
IFEYINWA ADEFARASIN: A mother of three children, Ifeyinwa, the wife of Pastor Paul Adefarasin of the House On The Rock could be seen as one who believes in dressing to earn respect. With an enviable shape, good skin and a Range Rover with customised number plate, this woman is a lover of fashion and has good dress sense.
IBIDUN IGHODALO: The coming together of Ibidun, a celebrity and one-time winner of the Miss Lux contest, and Pastor Itua Ighodalo actually got the man sacked as a pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Christ’s Church Parish, Gbagada, Lagos. Unperturbed, Pastor Ighodalo, a chartered accountant, went ahead and married this adorable woman and owner of Elizabeth R, an event planning outfit which has top Nigerians as its clients.
Ibidun also has eyes for fashion and could never be found wanting in that regard.
Funke Felix Adejumo
FUNKE FELIX ADEJUMO: A mother of three, Funke Adejumo is the wife of Bishop Felix Adejumo of the Agape Christian Ministries. She also assists her husband as a pastor in the church focusing more on the female gender. She is the owner of the Grace Orphanage and Children’s Hospital which she established with three children in 2003. Presently, the orphanage has 22 children and 11 full-time staff. She also handles other programmes of the church including the Widow’s Grace Ministry, Grace Old People’s Home, and the Ladies’ School of Finishing Touches. Always moderately dressed, her beauty radiates.
BUKOLA OLADIYUN: This pretty but simple wife of the founder of Christ Living Spring Apostolic Church, Pastor Wole Oladiyun, is also the proprietress of J-Nissi Children School, Ogba and Director of Family Life in the church. This mother of four is also rarely a public figure but is believed to be a major force behind her husband’s success. She is always simply dressed preferring moderate but classy clothes.
ROSEMARY ODUKOYA: The head of the Fountain of Life, Pastor Taiwo Odukoya, got married to this South African beauty, formerly known as Rosemary Simangele Zulu, after the death of his wife, Bimbo Odukoya, in a plane crash.
The former United Kigdom-based music director has continued to maintain a low profile since getting married to the popular pastor. However, the slim woman does not joke with her hair. According to those who know her, she would do anything to keep the long hair radiant.
PASTOR NKOYO RAPU: She is a lawyer, who has assisted her husband, Dr. Tony Rapu, a Senior Pastor and head over the multi-faceted group of ministries comprising This Present House, God Bless Nigeria, The Underground Church and The Waterbrook.
The mother of three focuses on issues concerning women and children as a member, Board of Trustees of Freedom Foundation which her husband heads as the chairman.
Dr. Love Sam Amanga
BISHOP LOVE SAM AMANGA: The mother of five from Kogi state has authored several religious books as well as mentored several bachelors and spinsters.
Since 1980, she has managed children evangelism and established Children Bible Club.
With her husband, Dr. Sam Amanga, she has managed the Foundation Faith Church Worldwide and has been involved in various foreign missions and in the establishment of churches worldwide.
Latest Nigeria News
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff
- Brent Oil Falls Below $50 As Nigeria Ups Production
- Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers Strike Again, Hit NNPC, Chevron Pipelines
- Alleged Fraud: Read What Happened To Diezani?s Ally In Court
- EFCC Removes Diezani From Money Laundering Trial
- Twitter Suspends Niger Delta Avengers Account
- Niger Delta Avengers Twitter Account Blocked
- Unbelievable: See What Woman Did To 9 Months Old Pregnant Woman (photos)
- Lagosians Beware: You May Go To Jail Today If You Are Caught Doing This
- Ikpeazu begs Court: I Want Appeal Against Ogah Settled At The Speed Of Light
- Yan Najeriya na kukan hauhawar farashin Kalanzir N220
- Buhari zai kaddamar da ayyukan kudu maso kudu?Jigon APC
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic zai koma Kungiyar Manchester United
- Sojoji sun kai hari ga yan?ta?addan dake neman tserewa
- Babban kotun tarayya ta mara ma Ali Modu Sherrif baya
- Buhari ya karbi bakoncin mambobin sojojin diflomasiyya