Nollywood veteran actress, Camilla Mberekpe, popularly known as Mama Eko, was at the Synagogue Church of All Nations, SCOAN, on Sunday to seek deliverance from a demon that has possessed and tormented her for many years.
As the face of the light-skinned actress was beamed on television screens in Prophet T.B. Joshua’s church, many worshippers stood in awe and screamed: “Jesus, an actress too!”
Prophet T.B. Joshua, who did not seem to know the actress, was a bit confused and did not understand why the sudden noise in the church as he stood before her.
“I don’t know you,” he said as he laid hands on her. He asked her to wait behind for the exorcism in the night.
The church and deliverance service was broadcast live to millions of viewers on Emmanuel Television, the Synagogue Church’s cable network aired on several continents.
Later in the night, one of the wise men in Synagogue church began to exorcise the demons from the actress and in the process, she began to talk, although the exorcist later said it was the demon in her talking through her.
She began to confess that her mission is to destroy a very good actress who prays and worships God a lot.
“I don’t want her to go up. She’s a very good actress. I want to destroy her,” she said in a bizarre and demonic tone.
“I destroyed her marriage because she refused to worship me. I hate it when she prays. She is a prayer warrior,” she said.
As hands were laid on the actress and the demon was ordered in the name of Jesus to leave her body, she fell to the ground.
Her scarf fell off her hair and she began to roll on the floor, screaming and apparently resisting the power of God.
The scene appeared bizarre to many worshippers and could shock millions of viewers not used to occultic or spiritual warfare.
At a time, it seemed as if the actress, who has acted in more than 38 home video movies, including many roles as wicked mother and step-mother, was in a Nollywood scene and acting.
The expression on her face appeared funny, serious and dangerous.
Ngozi Mberekpe is a very versatile actress who speaks English and French fluently as well as her Igbo native language.
She has been in Nollywood since the early days of the industry and she is often cast as mother or wicked step-mother.
Another plus for Camilla is the fact that she is also fluent in French, as demonstrated in the movie “Bonjour”.
She has featured in numerous roles in movies such as Tea or Coffee, Holy Anger, Illegal Brother, Sins Of the Heart and Beloved among others.
The deliverance session was so striking that the four buses purchased by Synagogue Church to cater for the elderly in their church, which was introduced yesterday, received little attention after the service as many people kept talking about the Nollywood actress.
The four buses, T.B. Joshua said, would convey the elderly to church on Sunday and take them back home after the service.
“If you want to reach old age, you must care for the elderly,” T.B. Joshua said in her sermon, adding that many have abandoned their aged parents and grandparents in villages and are enjoying life alone in Lagos.
About Article Author
Francisca (Viv) has over 10+ years of writing experience in press releases, feature articles, promotions, copywriting for small businesses and manufacturers in various industries. She brings a wealth of experience and is the "calmer" when these is a storm. She loves to travel and read.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Why We Are Protesting Against President Buhari - Charly Boy, Others Release Official Statement
- Underground Kidnappers Den At Lagos- Abeokuta Expressway: Lagos Police Arrest 7 Suspects
- How Mechanic In Kaduna Was Allegedly Killed By Police, Cousin Tells Story
- Nigerian British Councillor, Chika Amadi Suspended by Labour Party for Anti-gay Comments...See Details
- Heartbreaking: Woman Spotted Half-N*ked in Public Begging for Help After Losing 4 Kids in Kerosene Explosion
- Drama At A Funeral Ground As Drunken Friends Stop Pastor From Preaching Because Its Against Their Believe
- Horror: 9 Soldiers Currently Feared Dead in Borno As Boko Haram Attacks Oil Workers
- Boko Haram Is Political, Not Religious – 2face
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu