Mbu had placed a ban on any form of demonstration, procession or rally by any person or group of persons in the state and warned anybody not to dare him on the directive.
But speaking on Tuesday when leaders and people of Urashi Kingdom paid him a solidarity visit at the Government House in Port Harcourt, Amaechi vowed that he would be at the forefront of the protest that would come up soon.
The governor said he had told traditional leaders in the state to get ready for the demonstration against Mbu over the police commissioner’s position on rallies and demonstrations.
Amaechi, who decried Mbu’s attempt to stop the people of Urashi from paying a solidarity visit to him, said it was wrong for the police to have harassed his supporters.
He said Rivers was now a police state following the police attempt to stop people’s movement by blocking the entire Orashi region.
He said, “Another thing I will tell you is that we are looking for a date we will demonstrate against what the Federal Government and what the Commissioner of Police are doing in Rivers State.
“We have told our chiefs to get ready. Once we get a date, once we get people from overseas; they are Nigerians; they will join us and we will give you the date.
“I have told the CP (Mbu) to be ready to shoot me, I will be in front. I will not seat here and wait for you to match here and give me letter. Instead, I will keep SSG here and then I will match down with you people.
“Then I will give the SSG letter to give to the FG so that if they want to shoot, they can shoot me because we have a right to express our views. You have the right to criticise me. I am not particularly a good man. There is nobody that is a perfect man in the world. Is there any?”
He, however, commended the people of Urashi Kingdom for braving the odds to get to Port Harcourt in spite of the attempt by the police to stop them.
Insisting that every Nigerian had the right to express his or her views, Amaechi argued that the state police commissioner did not have the powers to ban demonstration since it (protest) was part of the people’s fundamental human rights.
He said, “You people are by far stronger than me. I got a report yesterday very late at night that the police had planned to stop you people. I was thinking that once you see policemen, everybody will run into his house.
“But you must learn how to use these things. You should have recorded them so that you can show to the world how much a tyrant our commissioner of police is.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Ondo APC Secretariat Now A Shrine, See What Members Did (photos)
- How Adams Oshiomole Wasted Edo?s N1.4 Trillion ? PDP
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash