58 Year Old Pastor Performed Sex Acts On Young Girls "To Stop Them From Liking Other Females, Catching Diseases And Becoming Pregnant"
A South Carolina minister has been charged with using private prayer sessions to sexually abuse three girls.
Larry DuRant, of Word International Ministries in Sumter, allegedly performed sex acts on the victims, telling them it would heal them from 'liking females, contracting sexual diseases or becoming pregnant'.
The 58-year-old has been charged with criminal sexual conduct for allegedly abusing the girls, including one as young as 11, over two years.
DuRant was first investigated after the parents of one of the alleged victims spoke to their daughter about the healing sessions.
Police, who started investigating DuRant in May, believe there may be other young victims who have yet to come forward.
'The manner in which he lured them in, we feel that at some level there's a strong potential that there may be other victims we're talking about a span of, right now, over two years,' Deputy Chief Alvin Holston said.
Court documents show that since 2011 DuRant, whose wife Melody also works at the church, had offered private prayer sessions at two Word International Ministry centers and his home, according to the Examiner.
The victims told police DuRant had coerced them into sexual intercourse using his position in the church and convincing them that it was part of a ‘healing process’, a Sumter police spokesman said.
The victim claims DuRant told her not to tell anyone of their 'private prayer session' or to 'go against God's will'.
Trust: Police claim Larry DuRant used his position as a minister to abuse his young victims
Abuse: Three victims claim they were sexually assaulted by Larry DuRant at his home and two churches
DuRant has also been charged him with forgery, for allegedly forging the name of the grandmother of one of the victims on a quit claim deed and filing it with the Sumter County Register of Deeds.
Officers say the forgery occurred after the sexual assaults were reported to law enforcement.
Sumter police are asking parents to talk to their children so they can find out if there were other victims.
Latest Nigeria News
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Ondo APC Secretariat Now A Shrine, See What Members Did (photos)
- How Adams Oshiomole Wasted Edo?s N1.4 Trillion ? PDP
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily