Mayra Rosales, 1,000 lbs woman accused of murdering her two-year-old nephew Eliseo by falling on him, looses 600 POUNDS
- In 2008, Mayra Rosales became known as the 'Half-Ton Killer' after she was accused of murdering her two-year-old nephew Eliseo by falling on him with her 1,000 body
- She was found not guilty, and her sister Jaime is serving a 15-year sentence for abusing a child
- Mayra is now the subject of an upcoming TLC special about her current life
The world's heaviest woman has lost a staggering 600lbs in the five years since she shot to fame as the 'Half-Ton Killer'.
She made headlines in 2008 after being accused and then found not guilty of murdering her nephew with her own 1,000-pound body, and now Mayra Rosales, 32, has embarked on a grueling journey to save her own life by losing weight.
In TLC's upcoming special Half Ton Killer: Transformed, Mayra's astonishing story is being brought to light as she reveals how she has changed since the murder trial that rocked her life.
Transformation: Mayra Rosales, once the world's heaviest woman, has lost a staggering 600lbs in the five years since she shot to fame as the 'Half-Ton Killer'. Her new life is revealed in an upcoming TLC special
Unrecognizable: Mayra (pictured with her cousin) has indeed managed to shed an astounding amount of weight thanks to surgeries, physical therapy, and huge changes to her diet. But now she must adjust to normal life
In a trailer for the episode, which airs on December 4, Mayra - who weighed a shocking 1,200lbs at her heaviest point - is wheeled out of her home after construction workers break a hole in the wall to get her out.
They haul her body onto a stretcher and into a U-Haul, since she is too big to fit into an ambulance. 'At this point, if things don't change, I'm going to die,' she says.
According to a press release, she has indeed managed to shed 'an astounding amount of weight' thanks to surgeries, physical therapy, rehabilitation and huge changes to her diet.
But with her new 400-pound body, she must learn to carry out normal activities she has never been exposed to, like grocery shopping and job hunting.
Last year, TLC aired a TV special about Mayra's murder trial and acquittal, in which she was accused of smothering her two-year-old nephew Eliseo to death by falling on him with her 1,000 body.
Emergency: In a trailer for the episode, Mayra - who weighed a shocking 1,200lbs at her heaviest - is wheeled out of her home and transported to hospital in a U-Haul because she is too big for an ambulance
Follow-up: Last year, TLC aired a TV special about Mayra's murder trial and acquittal, in which she was accused of smothering her two-year-old nephew Eliseo to death by falling on him with her 1,000 body
Not guilty: Mayra was acquitted in 2011 after evidence concluded that the boy had multiple injuries to his skull that were not indicative of being smothered. Her sister Jaime was later found guilty
This upcoming episode will be a follow-up revealing how her life has changed since then.
Even though she confessed in 2008, Mayra was acquitted of her nephew's murder in 2011 after evidence concluded that the boy had multiple injuries to his skull that were not indicative of being smothered.
'I thought I was dying anyway so I decided to admit that I'd done it to protect my sister because I love her'
At the time, her lawyer Sergio Valdez told the court: 'It would have required her to have to swing her arm to strike the child on the head but she could never move her arm in that manner.'
Mayra then testified that she witnessed her sister Jaime using a brush to hit her son Eliseo repeatedly on his arms, legs and head.
'We were all trying to cover for my sister,’ she testified from her bed, to which she was confined because of her weight.
'There was abuse from her towards her son. She yelled at him. She kicked him. On that night Junior didn't want to eat and she got frustrated and she hit him on the head with a hairbrush.
New woman: Today, Mayra has been given a second chance at life, and one of her goals is to become physically fit enough to be able to adopt and take care of her nieces and nephew
Healthy lifestyle: She has undergone two surgeries, and is awaiting a gastric bypass surgery in the coming months. She has also been following a high-protein, low-carb diet, with plenty of steamed vegetables
'I thought I was dying anyway so I decided to admit that I'd done it to protect my sister because I love her,' she concluded.
Jaime was found guilty of causing injury to a child, and is currently serving a 15-year sentence.
Today, Mayra has been given a second chance at life, and one of her goals is to become physically fit enough to be able to adopt and take care of her nieces and nephew.
While TLC appears to be keeping her present physical appearance a secret in order to add to the shock factor, Mayra looks visibly slimmer in recent photos posted on her Facebook.
In one, she strikes a confident and trimmed-down pose with her cousin in a low-cut dress, wearing green eye shadow, pink lipstick and a flawless manicure.
And the 32-year-old has also shared a number of selfies online, indicating an increased sense of self-esteem and openness about her appearance.
Real criminal: Mayra's sister Jaime (pictured) was found guilty of causing injury to her own child, and is currently serving a 15-year sentence
Taking the blame: 'I thought I was dying anyway so I decided to admit that I'd done it to protect my sister because I love her,' Mayra said of confessing to the murder of her nephew Eliseo (pictured)
The Texas native also showed off her slimmer frame in an interview with Access Hollywood in October.
She tells the interviewer that she has undergone two surgeries, one on each side of her legs, and she is awaiting a gastric bypass surgery in the coming months.
'I was alive before, but I didn't have a life. And now, I do'
She has also been following a high-protein, low-carb diet, with plenty of steamed vegetables, sugar-free desserts and soups.
In the interview, Mayra says optimistically: 'I'm turning, sitting up, if I feel like going out I transfer to the wheelchair. I'm still in movement'.
So far, thanks to daily two-hour sessions at a physical rehabilitation center, she has been able to take 36 steps on her own with no support, but she is determined to go even further.
'I was alive before, but I didn't have a life,' she says. 'And now, I do.'
About Article Author
Francisca (Viv) has over 10+ years of writing experience in press releases, feature articles, promotions, copywriting for small businesses and manufacturers in various industries. She brings a wealth of experience and is the "calmer" when these is a storm. She loves to travel and read.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- DIY: Prepare African Black Soap With Shea Butter
- Will RCCG Ever Remain The Same? Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Retirement
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community
- Sad! Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment
- OMG!! Woman Borrows Twins To Defraud Ex-Commissioner
- Shocking!! I Raped 11 Year Old Girl Purely For Money Rituals - Baba Mohammed
- 54 Commercial S3x Workers And 56 Patronizers Arrested In Calabar Hotel
- La Casera Fires Hundreds Of Workers And Shuts Down Operations