Mayra Rosales, 1,000 lbs woman accused of murdering her two-year-old nephew Eliseo by falling on him, looses 600 POUNDS
- In 2008, Mayra Rosales became known as the 'Half-Ton Killer' after she was accused of murdering her two-year-old nephew Eliseo by falling on him with her 1,000 body
- She was found not guilty, and her sister Jaime is serving a 15-year sentence for abusing a child
- Mayra is now the subject of an upcoming TLC special about her current life
The world's heaviest woman has lost a staggering 600lbs in the five years since she shot to fame as the 'Half-Ton Killer'.
She made headlines in 2008 after being accused and then found not guilty of murdering her nephew with her own 1,000-pound body, and now Mayra Rosales, 32, has embarked on a grueling journey to save her own life by losing weight.
In TLC's upcoming special Half Ton Killer: Transformed, Mayra's astonishing story is being brought to light as she reveals how she has changed since the murder trial that rocked her life.
Transformation: Mayra Rosales, once the world's heaviest woman, has lost a staggering 600lbs in the five years since she shot to fame as the 'Half-Ton Killer'. Her new life is revealed in an upcoming TLC special
Unrecognizable: Mayra (pictured with her cousin) has indeed managed to shed an astounding amount of weight thanks to surgeries, physical therapy, and huge changes to her diet. But now she must adjust to normal life
In a trailer for the episode, which airs on December 4, Mayra - who weighed a shocking 1,200lbs at her heaviest point - is wheeled out of her home after construction workers break a hole in the wall to get her out.
They haul her body onto a stretcher and into a U-Haul, since she is too big to fit into an ambulance. 'At this point, if things don't change, I'm going to die,' she says.
According to a press release, she has indeed managed to shed 'an astounding amount of weight' thanks to surgeries, physical therapy, rehabilitation and huge changes to her diet.
But with her new 400-pound body, she must learn to carry out normal activities she has never been exposed to, like grocery shopping and job hunting.
Last year, TLC aired a TV special about Mayra's murder trial and acquittal, in which she was accused of smothering her two-year-old nephew Eliseo to death by falling on him with her 1,000 body.
Emergency: In a trailer for the episode, Mayra - who weighed a shocking 1,200lbs at her heaviest - is wheeled out of her home and transported to hospital in a U-Haul because she is too big for an ambulance
Follow-up: Last year, TLC aired a TV special about Mayra's murder trial and acquittal, in which she was accused of smothering her two-year-old nephew Eliseo to death by falling on him with her 1,000 body
Not guilty: Mayra was acquitted in 2011 after evidence concluded that the boy had multiple injuries to his skull that were not indicative of being smothered. Her sister Jaime was later found guilty
This upcoming episode will be a follow-up revealing how her life has changed since then.
Even though she confessed in 2008, Mayra was acquitted of her nephew's murder in 2011 after evidence concluded that the boy had multiple injuries to his skull that were not indicative of being smothered.
'I thought I was dying anyway so I decided to admit that I'd done it to protect my sister because I love her'
At the time, her lawyer Sergio Valdez told the court: 'It would have required her to have to swing her arm to strike the child on the head but she could never move her arm in that manner.'
Mayra then testified that she witnessed her sister Jaime using a brush to hit her son Eliseo repeatedly on his arms, legs and head.
'We were all trying to cover for my sister,’ she testified from her bed, to which she was confined because of her weight.
'There was abuse from her towards her son. She yelled at him. She kicked him. On that night Junior didn't want to eat and she got frustrated and she hit him on the head with a hairbrush.
New woman: Today, Mayra has been given a second chance at life, and one of her goals is to become physically fit enough to be able to adopt and take care of her nieces and nephew
Healthy lifestyle: She has undergone two surgeries, and is awaiting a gastric bypass surgery in the coming months. She has also been following a high-protein, low-carb diet, with plenty of steamed vegetables
'I thought I was dying anyway so I decided to admit that I'd done it to protect my sister because I love her,' she concluded.
Jaime was found guilty of causing injury to a child, and is currently serving a 15-year sentence.
Today, Mayra has been given a second chance at life, and one of her goals is to become physically fit enough to be able to adopt and take care of her nieces and nephew.
While TLC appears to be keeping her present physical appearance a secret in order to add to the shock factor, Mayra looks visibly slimmer in recent photos posted on her Facebook.
In one, she strikes a confident and trimmed-down pose with her cousin in a low-cut dress, wearing green eye shadow, pink lipstick and a flawless manicure.
And the 32-year-old has also shared a number of selfies online, indicating an increased sense of self-esteem and openness about her appearance.
Real criminal: Mayra's sister Jaime (pictured) was found guilty of causing injury to her own child, and is currently serving a 15-year sentence
Taking the blame: 'I thought I was dying anyway so I decided to admit that I'd done it to protect my sister because I love her,' Mayra said of confessing to the murder of her nephew Eliseo (pictured)
The Texas native also showed off her slimmer frame in an interview with Access Hollywood in October.
She tells the interviewer that she has undergone two surgeries, one on each side of her legs, and she is awaiting a gastric bypass surgery in the coming months.
'I was alive before, but I didn't have a life. And now, I do'
She has also been following a high-protein, low-carb diet, with plenty of steamed vegetables, sugar-free desserts and soups.
In the interview, Mayra says optimistically: 'I'm turning, sitting up, if I feel like going out I transfer to the wheelchair. I'm still in movement'.
So far, thanks to daily two-hour sessions at a physical rehabilitation center, she has been able to take 36 steps on her own with no support, but she is determined to go even further.
'I was alive before, but I didn't have a life,' she says. 'And now, I do.'
Latest Nigeria News
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Ondo APC Secretariat Now A Shrine, See What Members Did (photos)
- How Adams Oshiomole Wasted Edo?s N1.4 Trillion ? PDP
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily