According to information gathered by Crime Reports, the anti-robbery team, led by Sergeant Adebayo Oyesomi, was on routine patrol along Obada/Ewekoro/Ifo/Sango road when it sighted the victim by the road side at Papalanto on Monday, January 27. When interrogated, the woman revealed that she had just been released by the robbers who attacked her.
She narrated her ordeals in the hands of the hoodlums and volunteered to assist the police to apprehend the suspected armed robbers. The police team later arrested five of the suspects at Olodo area on Tuesday, January 28 after a rigorous search.
The woman revealed to the investigation team, led by the Officer-in Charge of the anti-robbery section, Emmanuel Oyewole, a Superintendent of Police, that she left Lagos for Idiroko on the fateful day, unknown to her that the occupants were ‘one chance’ people.
She said she was taken to an unknown destination at Olodo Village where the hoodlums beat her up thoroughly and took turns to rape her, after collecting a sum of N1,803,000, gold jewellery valued at N200,000 and a wrist watch valued at N5,000. Other items forcefully taken from the woman by the hoodlums were a mobile phone and blackberry with the total value put at N2,187,500.
She told the investigation team that her appeals to them not to have sex with her because she was HIV positive and other diseases, just to discourage them, were rebuffed. The woman also added that the young men brought out condoms and she had to put them on their manhood before they had sex with her so as to avoid being infected. She disclosed that any attempt by her to register their faces in her memory was met with slaps and severe beating, which resulted in bruises all over her face and body.
Fortunately for the woman, all the exhibits were recovered from the suspects.
The victim had also told the anti-robbery operatives that the suspects had wanted to kidnap her as they were asking her of relatives who are wealthy enough to pay a ransom for her release but said she kept on begging them that she was an orphan who was struggling to survive with her business.
Speaking with Crime Reports on the suspects’ arrests, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Olumuyiwa Adejobi, disclosed that they had confessed to the crime but said that they met with their victim on Badoo. The leader of the gang, Opeyemi, said he chat the woman up on Badoo and invited her to have sex with her, promising to give her some money.
But when asked whether the agreement included his friends, even his claim was true, he had no defence. It was learnt that the six suspects had been begging the police authorities for forgiveness, saying that they never knew that their actions carried so much weight.
However, the PPRO said that they were undergoing further investigations at the State CID, Eleweran and that the Commissioner of Police, Ogun State, Mr Ikemefuna Okoye had ordered the arrest of the fleeing member of the armed gang without delay.
“The CP also commended the victim for her sense of alertness which made it possible for her to identify the hoodlums’ hideout and her courage which was exhibited in her readiness to assist the police,” the PPRO stated further these, he said, had helped in arresting the suspects.
Latest Nigeria News
- 35 FRSC Crushed To Death By Drivers, 1 Loses Manhood
- Stephen Keshi?s Burial Rites Commence Today
- Dogara Fights Back : Jibrin Smuggled Fake Projects Into The Budget
- Panic In Owerri Over Bombing Threat, Security Beefed Up
- I Have Not Been Paid For 5 Months Says Siasia
- Nnamdi Kanu: Biafra Restoration Not Personal Decision But Call From God Almighty
- Buhari Spits Fire: This Is What I Will Do To Corrupt APC Members
- NSCDC Rescues 9 Year Old Boy Chained For 2 Weeks Without Food In Celestial Church
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff
- Brent Oil Falls Below $50 As Nigeria Ups Production
- Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers Strike Again, Hit NNPC, Chevron Pipelines
- Alleged Fraud: Read What Happened To Diezani?s Ally In Court
- EFCC Removes Diezani From Money Laundering Trial
- Twitter Suspends Niger Delta Avengers Account
- Niger Delta Avengers Twitter Account Blocked
- Unbelievable: See What Woman Did To 9 Months Old Pregnant Woman (photos)