According to information gathered by Crime Reports, the anti-robbery team, led by Sergeant Adebayo Oyesomi, was on routine patrol along Obada/Ewekoro/Ifo/Sango road when it sighted the victim by the road side at Papalanto on Monday, January 27. When interrogated, the woman revealed that she had just been released by the robbers who attacked her.
She narrated her ordeals in the hands of the hoodlums and volunteered to assist the police to apprehend the suspected armed robbers. The police team later arrested five of the suspects at Olodo area on Tuesday, January 28 after a rigorous search.
The woman revealed to the investigation team, led by the Officer-in Charge of the anti-robbery section, Emmanuel Oyewole, a Superintendent of Police, that she left Lagos for Idiroko on the fateful day, unknown to her that the occupants were ‘one chance’ people.
She said she was taken to an unknown destination at Olodo Village where the hoodlums beat her up thoroughly and took turns to rape her, after collecting a sum of N1,803,000, gold jewellery valued at N200,000 and a wrist watch valued at N5,000. Other items forcefully taken from the woman by the hoodlums were a mobile phone and blackberry with the total value put at N2,187,500.
She told the investigation team that her appeals to them not to have sex with her because she was HIV positive and other diseases, just to discourage them, were rebuffed. The woman also added that the young men brought out condoms and she had to put them on their manhood before they had sex with her so as to avoid being infected. She disclosed that any attempt by her to register their faces in her memory was met with slaps and severe beating, which resulted in bruises all over her face and body.
Fortunately for the woman, all the exhibits were recovered from the suspects.
The victim had also told the anti-robbery operatives that the suspects had wanted to kidnap her as they were asking her of relatives who are wealthy enough to pay a ransom for her release but said she kept on begging them that she was an orphan who was struggling to survive with her business.
Speaking with Crime Reports on the suspects’ arrests, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Olumuyiwa Adejobi, disclosed that they had confessed to the crime but said that they met with their victim on Badoo. The leader of the gang, Opeyemi, said he chat the woman up on Badoo and invited her to have sex with her, promising to give her some money.
But when asked whether the agreement included his friends, even his claim was true, he had no defence. It was learnt that the six suspects had been begging the police authorities for forgiveness, saying that they never knew that their actions carried so much weight.
However, the PPRO said that they were undergoing further investigations at the State CID, Eleweran and that the Commissioner of Police, Ogun State, Mr Ikemefuna Okoye had ordered the arrest of the fleeing member of the armed gang without delay.
“The CP also commended the victim for her sense of alertness which made it possible for her to identify the hoodlums’ hideout and her courage which was exhibited in her readiness to assist the police,” the PPRO stated further these, he said, had helped in arresting the suspects.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Will RCCG Ever Remain The Same? Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Retirement
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast