According to information gathered by Crime Reports, the anti-robbery team, led by Sergeant Adebayo Oyesomi, was on routine patrol along Obada/Ewekoro/Ifo/Sango road when it sighted the victim by the road side at Papalanto on Monday, January 27. When interrogated, the woman revealed that she had just been released by the robbers who attacked her.
She narrated her ordeals in the hands of the hoodlums and volunteered to assist the police to apprehend the suspected armed robbers. The police team later arrested five of the suspects at Olodo area on Tuesday, January 28 after a rigorous search.
The woman revealed to the investigation team, led by the Officer-in Charge of the anti-robbery section, Emmanuel Oyewole, a Superintendent of Police, that she left Lagos for Idiroko on the fateful day, unknown to her that the occupants were ‘one chance’ people.
She said she was taken to an unknown destination at Olodo Village where the hoodlums beat her up thoroughly and took turns to rape her, after collecting a sum of N1,803,000, gold jewellery valued at N200,000 and a wrist watch valued at N5,000. Other items forcefully taken from the woman by the hoodlums were a mobile phone and blackberry with the total value put at N2,187,500.
She told the investigation team that her appeals to them not to have sex with her because she was HIV positive and other diseases, just to discourage them, were rebuffed. The woman also added that the young men brought out condoms and she had to put them on their manhood before they had sex with her so as to avoid being infected. She disclosed that any attempt by her to register their faces in her memory was met with slaps and severe beating, which resulted in bruises all over her face and body.
Fortunately for the woman, all the exhibits were recovered from the suspects.
The victim had also told the anti-robbery operatives that the suspects had wanted to kidnap her as they were asking her of relatives who are wealthy enough to pay a ransom for her release but said she kept on begging them that she was an orphan who was struggling to survive with her business.
Speaking with Crime Reports on the suspects’ arrests, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Olumuyiwa Adejobi, disclosed that they had confessed to the crime but said that they met with their victim on Badoo. The leader of the gang, Opeyemi, said he chat the woman up on Badoo and invited her to have sex with her, promising to give her some money.
But when asked whether the agreement included his friends, even his claim was true, he had no defence. It was learnt that the six suspects had been begging the police authorities for forgiveness, saying that they never knew that their actions carried so much weight.
However, the PPRO said that they were undergoing further investigations at the State CID, Eleweran and that the Commissioner of Police, Ogun State, Mr Ikemefuna Okoye had ordered the arrest of the fleeing member of the armed gang without delay.
“The CP also commended the victim for her sense of alertness which made it possible for her to identify the hoodlums’ hideout and her courage which was exhibited in her readiness to assist the police,” the PPRO stated further these, he said, had helped in arresting the suspects.
Latest Nigeria News
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Ondo APC Secretariat Now A Shrine, See What Members Did (photos)
- How Adams Oshiomole Wasted Edo?s N1.4 Trillion ? PDP
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily