On Sunday, June 27, beautiful actress, Rose Odika, one of the prides of the Yoruba movie industry, will premiere her nesecond movie, she took time off her busy schedule to speak with BABATUNDE SULAIMAN on her career and crashed marriage, among other interesting issuesw movie, Enu Eje (Vengeance) at the Adebutu Kessington Hall, Ijebu Igbo, Ogun State. But even as she is neck deep in preparation for the unveiling of her
Sometime last year, you released your debut album, Ara Jesu (God’s wonder). So, could you tell me what the experience has been like since you released it?
The album is doing very well in the market. It was my first album, so you should not expect that it would blow the mind of everybody. I am about to release another one. So, I would say the first one has come and gone; but, at least, it was welcome.
Would you say it is worth the while?
Well, one should not lose focus. It is worth it. It is worth staying on until one gets there. I don’t believe in pursuing a thing and going back in the middle of it. I just believe that when people eventually see me as a good singer, then, I’ll begin to enjoy the reward of all that I have been doing, musically.
So, it has not been totally rewarding?
Yes, at the moment, the reward has not been coming.
I wonder if you didn’t go into music because some of your colleagues are into it.
No, it is a calling; it is a ministry I had to start. God called me into that ministry. It is a way of preaching to people and telling them the right and the wrong thing. So, I didn’t go into because my colleagues are doing it.
I know you are preparing to premiere your new movie, Enu Eje (Vengeance). But is it a product of some personal experience?
I have a passion to fight for the right of women and Enu Eje is all about war against female abuse. It talks about why a man should love his wife and not turn her into a punching bag. It also talks about why men should care for women and not see them as just sex symbols. When you hurt a woman, she will never forgive you. Women don’t forgive easily; they must always revenge. So, vengeance is the word, and I want all men to be careful and watch out for the movie.
To me, most of the themes in this movie, as you have just explained, have been celebrated by some other movie producers. So, what then is the unique thing about your movie?
My concept and the way I went about the story were unique. In the story, a lady from a wealthy home loves her husband so much; she cares for her husbands, financially and even ensures that he stays out of trouble. But, at the end of the day, the man accuses her of not being faithful to him. So, he seeks to disgrace her by getting married to another woman. You can’t predict the end until you have seen it to the end.
How much did you spend on it?
It cost me N3 million. That is why I want to premiere it. If you just give it to a marketer, you will only get a peanut. That is why I want to premiere it before it gets to the market. I am going to premiere it in four places: Ijebu Igbo, Ilorin, Oyo State and Lagos State.
Is this your first movie?
No, it is my second movie. I produced my first movie, Alaparutu, in 2009. I produce a movie once a year. It is because of finance and I don’t have any sponsor.
I only know you as an actress and you don’t feature in too many movies. So, how did you get that huge amount of money to produce the movie?
I am also into cosmetic business. I take care of people’s skins. And because I don’t feature in too many films, my pay is on the high side. I am very comfortable with what they pay me in the industry.
Why are you still based in Ibadan?
I have been asked the same question a number of times. I am used to Ibadan and nothing can take me out of Ibadan for now. Maybe when I remarry, then, I can leave Ibadan…
Do you have any plan at the moment to get married again?
Yes, verysoon, by the grace of God.
So, are you in a relationship?
Of course, I am. If I am not, won’t you pray for me?
For how long have you been in the relationship?
How did you meet?
I met him at a party.
What struck you most about him?
It is his height; he is tall and humble. I want somebody who is taller than I am.
What does he do?
He is a businessman.
What have you learnt to do better now that you intend to go into another marriage?
I’d be more patient in my next marriage. I was 28 when I first got married, but I am almost 40 now. There were things I should have overlooked in my first marriage, but because of my youthful exuberance, I was not patient enough in my first marriage.
Could you expatiate?
Well, jealousy and so on.
So, I can say you have shared your personal experience in your first marriage with your fans in this new work?
No, Enu Eje has nothing to do with marital experience. My husband never beat me, but you will find all this in Enu Eje.
Latest Nigeria News
- Budget Padding Scandalous, Rubbishes Buhari?s Anti-Graft Crusade Says Afenifere
- 35 FRSC Crushed To Death By Drivers, 1 Loses Manhood
- Man Stoned And Burnt To Death For Stealing 3 Month Old Baby
- Stephen Keshi?s Burial Rites Commence Today
- Dogara Fights Back : Jibrin Smuggled Fake Projects Into The Budget
- Panic In Owerri Over Bombing Threat, Security Beefed Up
- I Have Not Been Paid For 5 Months Says Siasia
- Nnamdi Kanu: Biafra Restoration Not Personal Decision But Call From God Almighty
- Buhari Spits Fire: This Is What I Will Do To Corrupt APC Members
- NSCDC Rescues 9 Year Old Boy Chained For 2 Weeks Without Food In Celestial Church
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff
- Brent Oil Falls Below $50 As Nigeria Ups Production
- Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers Strike Again, Hit NNPC, Chevron Pipelines
- Alleged Fraud: Read What Happened To Diezani?s Ally In Court
- EFCC Removes Diezani From Money Laundering Trial
- Twitter Suspends Niger Delta Avengers Account