It was learnt that the students were protesting the dismissal of students of Higher National Diploma (HND) Business Administration and hike in fees charged for late registration by the management.
The source within the campus who confirmed the development said “the students are protesting the introduction of late registration fees and dismissal of HND one students of Business Administration.”
The protest, it was gathered did not go down with the management which called in members of the state police force in the town.
This, according to sources led to alleged gun shot on a student and another, a female student, also alleged to be asthmatic was tear gassed.
The two students were said to be undergoing treatment in an undisclosed hospital.
Explaining further, the source said “the affected HND one students of Business Administration were told to go home after being admitted, paid their school fees and had even been receiving lectures. The school now said they cannot admit them again, telling them to go home and come back next session.”
The source hinted that the school management hinged their excuse on the fact that the affected students studied Public Administration for their National Diploma (ND) courses.
It added that the students insisted that the management gave them go ahead to apply for Business Administration for their HND programme which they complied.
On this premise, according to our source, the students were admitted but were surprised when the management made a U-turn and sent them packing through a notice on the board.
As if that was not enough, while the students were making appeal against the decision, the source noted that the students requested that the management return all monies, especially school fees paid into the coffers of the management.
But they were shocked as the management told them that when they return for their course next session, it will be sorted out.”
The second reason for their protest centred on payment of late registration fees for both the Daily Part Time (DPP) and full time students.
It was gathered that the students were appealing to the management on the basis that most of their parents who work as civil servants under the state government are being owed several months of salary.
The two sections of students affected under this category are DPP students who pay N37,500 and their full time counterparts who are currently paying N28,250 as their school fees were billed additional N2,500 as late registration fees and N300 as bank charges.
It was also gathered that students were forced to remain indoor till around 5.00pm on Tuesday for fear of arrest while some others were at the time being detained at Sango police station, Eruwa.
All efforts to reach the management for their reaction on the development proved abortive.
One of the principal officers who spoke with newsmen under condition of anonymity confirmed the protest but declined to comment on the reason for the protest .
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian British Councillor, Chika Amadi Suspended by Labour Party for Anti-gay Comments...See Details
- Heartbreaking: Woman Spotted Half-N*ked in Public Begging for Help After Losing 4 Kids in Kerosene Explosion
- Drama At A Funeral Ground As Drunken Friends Stop Pastor From Preaching Because Its Against Their Believe
- Horror: 9 Soldiers Currently Feared Dead in Borno As Boko Haram Attacks Oil Workers
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community
- Sad! Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment
- OMG!! Woman Borrows Twins To Defraud Ex-Commissioner
- Shocking!! I Raped 11 Year Old Girl Purely For Money Rituals - Baba Mohammed
- 54 Commercial S3x Workers And 56 Patronizers Arrested In Calabar Hotel
- La Casera Fires Hundreds Of Workers And Shuts Down Operations