See statement below:
The attention of the Media Office of the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has been drawn to a press statement released by a group known as the Citizen United For Peace and Stability (CUPS), Titled Security Alert! - Bukola Saraki finally declares war on the Nigerian Senate.
The report by CUPS stated that some unnamed sources told them that Senator Bukola Saraki has made plans to disrupt his ongoing trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) by making use of thugs through some key personalities from Kwara State.
The statement is false, malicious and aimed at further denigrating the hard-earned image of Senator Bukola Saraki after their planned sponsored protest failed through earlier awareness to the general public of their sinister moves.
It is worrisome that aggrieved politicians opposed to Saraki's emergence as the Senate President, having failed to remove him, now resort to cheap blackmail by concocting lies under the disguise of "unidentified sources ".
The individuals mentioned in the statement to be planning the sinister move, are prominent Nigerians who respect the rule of law and stand strongly behind the Senate President. In this regard, this is a cheap attempt to intimidate supporters of the Senate President.
It will be recalled that this same mischievous group called CUPS had earlier circulated messages at different times requesting for funds for different non existent political gatherings.
The CUPS has been in the habit of peddling falsehood and deceiving unsuspecting Nigerians as the body has not lived up to its name of maintaining 'peace' and 'stability.'
Senator Bukola Saraki is a law abiding citizen who has demonstrated the utmost respect for the judicial system by taking the pain to attend and defend himself at the Tribunal even though the trial is believed to be borne out of malice and political persecution.
Moreover, Senator Saraki, despite his trial at the CCT has continued to perform his constitutional duties as the Senate President elected by his peers.
It is therefore a gratuitous insult to the Office of the Senate President, and the personalities of the patrotic and decent individuals mentioned in the concocted lies by this organisation to link them with tales of acts of gangsterism and violation of temple of justice.
This propaganda by his political opponents is not new and we urge law abiding citizens to disregard the body, its sponsors and promoters. This is the time to for everybody to forget our narrow, self-serving interest, dissuade the manipulation of state institutions to achieve personal and partisan objectives and ensure that rule of law prevails as prerequisite towards the entrenchment of our democratic tenets.
SA (New Media)
Office Of The Senate President.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian British Councillor, Chika Amadi Suspended by Labour Party for Anti-gay Comments...See Details
- Heartbreaking: Woman Spotted Half-N*ked in Public Begging for Help After Losing 4 Kids in Kerosene Explosion
- Drama At A Funeral Ground As Drunken Friends Stop Pastor From Preaching Because Its Against Their Believe
- Horror: 9 Soldiers Currently Feared Dead in Borno As Boko Haram Attacks Oil Workers
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community
- Sad! Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment
- OMG!! Woman Borrows Twins To Defraud Ex-Commissioner
- Shocking!! I Raped 11 Year Old Girl Purely For Money Rituals - Baba Mohammed
- 54 Commercial S3x Workers And 56 Patronizers Arrested In Calabar Hotel
- La Casera Fires Hundreds Of Workers And Shuts Down Operations