– Tinubu says Nigeria is undergoing a difficult but necessary process that it must undertake
– The APC national leader says the nation’s struggles will give birth to a better country
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has said that the challenges facing Nigeria will give birth to a better nation, The Nation reports.
Tinubu made this known on Saturday, April 23, at a dinner/award ceremony in Abuja, organised by the Ahmadu Bello University Alumni Association.
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, National Leader of the APC says that the challenges facing Nigeria will give birth to a better nation.
His words: “Our nation struggles mightily to give birth to its better self. This is a difficult but necessary process that we must undertake, if we are to find our true way and reach the good destiny that God has written for us.
“The old model of an oil dependant political economy has shattered before our eyes. To feign blindness and act as if nothing has changed is to insist on failure that will mortgage our present and future.
“Nigeria, our beloved Nigeria, is being called forth to define itself. Do we remain as we are or do we dare believe ourselves capable of something better, something more fecund and sublime?
“That which we decide shall shape not only our lives, but will reverberate across the boundaries of space and time. What we decide shall affect the future of this nation for years to come, just as it will influence the trajectory of brethren African nations and the entire race of Black people. Our ancestors, they now watch, hoping we do that which is right. Our descendants too watch, praying the same thing.
“To discard learning is to walk into the fog of stagnation and poverty, the part might be hard, but the choice was clear and laden with promises.
“Mastering the art of learning and education is the difficult task nations undertake when they commit themselves to progress. Barebones survival is all a nation can achieve when it disregards this principle. To esteem learning is to follow the gleaming light to prosperity.
“To revive this nation, we must teach our people as never before done in terms of the scope and quality of the education they receive. That education cannot be of esoteric type that is only beauty in abstract but devoid of practical value in our quest to build and develop the foundations of a new political economy for this nation.
“Let us honour and fulfill the challenge before us. Let us use the knowledge and experience that ABU and other fine schools have given us to innovate and create new ways to learn new things that will accelerate the development of this nation such that we bring forth an era of prosperity and hope from the challenges that now face us.”
Tinubu, one of the most respected politicians in Nigeria, had revealed some secret details of his personal life.
In a special publication by TheNEWS magazine, Tinubu detailed how he worked as a cab driver and a security guard.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian British Councillor, Chika Amadi Suspended by Labour Party for Anti-gay Comments...See Details
- Heartbreaking: Woman Spotted Half-N*ked in Public Begging for Help After Losing 4 Kids in Kerosene Explosion
- Drama At A Funeral Ground As Drunken Friends Stop Pastor From Preaching Because Its Against Their Believe
- Horror: 9 Soldiers Currently Feared Dead in Borno As Boko Haram Attacks Oil Workers
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community
- Sad! Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment
- OMG!! Woman Borrows Twins To Defraud Ex-Commissioner
- Shocking!! I Raped 11 Year Old Girl Purely For Money Rituals - Baba Mohammed
- 54 Commercial S3x Workers And 56 Patronizers Arrested In Calabar Hotel
- La Casera Fires Hundreds Of Workers And Shuts Down Operations