Former Super Eagles' coach, Paul Hamilton, has taken a look at Nigerian football as the year comes to an end and concludes that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has to be up and doing to ensure that Nigeria does not again experience the type of setbacks she witnessed in the game in 2010.
Hamilton said the only way out of such a mess was for the Glasshouse to ensure that it gives full support to the national team coaches, especially the Super Eagles and stop killing the coaches' morale with the excuse that there's no money to support their programmes.
He also pleaded with the Alhaji Ibrahim Maigari-led board to resolve the lingering Nigeria Premier League (NPL) election problems amicably without showing any form of favouritism to any party involved, in order to move Nigerian football forward.
“2010 has been an eventful year for Nigerian football. We witnessed many crises, but thank God they have been resolved and we have moved on. However, it is time for the football house to work harder and ensure that we did not witness any ugly event in the year we are about to enter. The NFF has to improve on its reactions and avoid any form of controversy in 2011.
“Our female teams did very well in the outgoing year, quite unlike their male counterparts, especially the Super Eagles. But Nigeria must rewrite that record. All hands must be on deck to revive our football because when you talk about soccer, Nigeria is a force to reckon with in the world.
“Now that Samson Siasia is the new coach of the Super Eagles, he needs all the support from every Nigerian, especially that of our football administrators, to succeed. They should do everything within their reach to avoid complaining about lack of money each time the coach requests for fund to prepare his team for a championship; such excuses usually kill the morale of coaches.
“The NFF also needs to start preparing our girls ahead of the World Cup slated for Germany in June next year. I believe the Super Falcons can win the World Cup if they are given adequate preparation. We have not been able to get it right all these years, not because we don't have the right players that can do the job, but inadequate preparations for competitions have remained out bane.
“Meanwhile, the lingering problem following the NPL election has been given me much concern, because no one makes any progress in the midst of crisis. So, I urge the NFF to resolve that matter with the urgency it requires.
“But in doing that, I advise that they should not allow sentiment to becloud their sense of judgement. Let them not forget that the world is watching our actions,” Hamilton cautioned.
Latest Nigeria News
- Dogara Fights Back : Jibrin Smuggled Fake Projects Into The Budget
- Panic In Owerri Over Bombing Threat, Security Beefed Up
- I Have Not Been Paid For 5 Months Says Siasia
- Nnamdi Kanu: Biafra Restoration Not Personal Decision But Call From God Almighty
- Buhari Spits Fire: This Is What I Will Do To Corrupt APC Members
- NSCDC Rescues 9 Year Old Boy Chained For 2 Weeks Without Food In Celestial Church
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff
- Brent Oil Falls Below $50 As Nigeria Ups Production
- Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers Strike Again, Hit NNPC, Chevron Pipelines
- Alleged Fraud: Read What Happened To Diezani?s Ally In Court
- EFCC Removes Diezani From Money Laundering Trial
- Twitter Suspends Niger Delta Avengers Account
- Niger Delta Avengers Twitter Account Blocked
- Unbelievable: See What Woman Did To 9 Months Old Pregnant Woman (photos)
- Lagosians Beware: You May Go To Jail Today If You Are Caught Doing This
- Ikpeazu begs Court: I Want Appeal Against Ogah Settled At The Speed Of Light