By Peter Egwuatu
LAGOS— Eight council members of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, NSE, have completed their tenure in office and have retired from the exchange.
This is even as Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede bowed out as President of the exchange after 56th Annual General Meeting, AGM, held yesterday.
Also, the fist vice President of the NSE, Mr Abimbola Ogunbanjo, emerged as the new president of the NSE.
The council members appointed the successor of Aig-Imoukhuede after the AGM yesterday.
The retired members include Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Muhammad Daggash , Finmal Financial Services Limited (represented by Dr. Umaru Kwairanga); Greenwich Trust Limited (represented by Mr. Kayode Falowo) , ICMG Securities Limited (represented by Mr. Michael Osime), Meristem Securities Limited (represented by Mr. Oluwole Abegunde) , Sigma Securities Limited (represented by Mr. Dunama Balami) and Signet Investment and Securities Limited (represented by Mr. Oladipo Aina).
The newly admitted members to the council include: Chartwell Securities Limited (Represented by Mr. Oluwole Adeosun); Equity Capital Solutions Limited (represented by Mr. Kamarudeen Oladosu); Fortress Capital Limited (represented by Mr. Yomi Adeyemi); Pilot Securities Limited (represented by Mr. Seyi Osunkeye); Planet Capital Limited (represented by Mr. Chidi Agbapu); Woodland Capital Markets Plc (represented by Mr. Patrick Ajayi); Kastina State Investment & Property Development Co. Limited (represented by Mrs. Fatimah Bintah Bello–Ismail); Mrs. Catherine Nwakaego Echeozo ; and Erelu Angela Adebayo.
Speaking at the AGM, the outgoing President, Aig-Imoukhuede said: “As I conclude my tenure as President of the National Council of the NSE, it is with a great sense of humility and fulfilment that I reflect upon three memorable and fulfilling years of service in this prestigious role.”
He commended the management of the NSE and outgoing council members for their support to ensure the exchange reaches its present growth and development.
According to him, “Despite the foregoing, our legal structure as a mutual entity increasingly constrains our ability to compete and offer services on par with leading exchanges around the world. And for this reason, I convinced my colleagues in council and our management team to accelerate our timetable for completing the demutualization of the NSE. Today, I am proud to report that this process, which had lingered in the exchange for several years has now advanced to the point of near completion.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Why We Are Protesting Against President Buhari - Charly Boy, Others Release Official Statement
- Underground Kidnappers Den At Lagos- Abeokuta Expressway: Lagos Police Arrest 7 Suspects
- How Mechanic In Kaduna Was Allegedly Killed By Police, Cousin Tells Story
- Nigerian British Councillor, Chika Amadi Suspended by Labour Party for Anti-gay Comments...See Details
- Heartbreaking: Woman Spotted Half-N*ked in Public Begging for Help After Losing 4 Kids in Kerosene Explosion
- Drama At A Funeral Ground As Drunken Friends Stop Pastor From Preaching Because Its Against Their Believe
- Horror: 9 Soldiers Currently Feared Dead in Borno As Boko Haram Attacks Oil Workers
- Boko Haram Is Political, Not Religious – 2face
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu