One of the presidential aspirants of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Sarah Jibril, yesterday said she was the only one that voted for herself in the party’s primary election held recently, as she blamed her defeat on the National Council of Women Society, Ministry of Women Affairs, and women leaders of the party.
Mrs. Jibril, while reflecting on the single vote recorded by her at the PDP presidential primary at the premises of the Federal High Court, Abuja, yesterday, said the single vote will continue to haunt the conscience of the womenfolk and the entire nation
“That vote was of me, by me and for me. That vote has been seriously pricking the conscience of women, Nigerians, PDP Board of Trustees, and the political class. I thank God for not allowing any other vote to cause confusion. I sympathise with the ignorance of the women which is till now affecting the conscience of women in Nigeria.
“Why are the womenfolk trying to use the media to call me a serial contestant sarcastically? I have forgiven them. The political class should stop hijacking the conscience of Nigerian women who constitute the engine of the nation,” she said.
Mrs. Jibril is in court against the emergence of former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, as the consensus candidate of the North on the platform of Adamu Ciroma-led Northern Political Leaders Forum.
The former presidential aspirant, who made the clarification against the backdrop of newspaper reports from Kaduna that she had taken PDP to court over Jonathan, said at no time did she sue either the party or Jonathan over the last primary.
Mrs. Jibril explained that she went to court to challenge the emergence of Mr. Atiku as a Northern presidential candidate by the Adamu Ciroma’s group because the policy that led to the endorsement was discriminatory against her and the womenfolk.
According to her, as a northerner and a presidential aspirant, she was not screened by the NPLF before arriving at the consensus arrangement. She added that her not being considered by the forum was discriminatory and contravenes treaties which recognise womenfolk and their inalienable rights to political aspirations.
“I am not in court against Jonathan who is the presidential candidate of our party. No! Sarah Jubril contested as one of the three candidates of PDP and after the results of the primary were declared, I congratulated President Jonathan in the spirit of political sportsmanship. I am, therefore, a political heroine today. I am a true democrat; I am in politics to rescue the future of Nigerians.
“The case in court is a constitutional issue; I have no personal grievance against Atiku. He has continued to remain a product of constitutional breaches. PDP should have queried the sudden reappearance of Atiku for the presidency after his over two years exit. He should have been given 18 months probation. For me, querying this does not mean I have taken Jonathan to court,” Mrs. Jibril said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian British Councillor, Chika Amadi Suspended by Labour Party for Anti-gay Comments...See Details
- Heartbreaking: Woman Spotted Half-N*ked in Public Begging for Help After Losing 4 Kids in Kerosene Explosion
- Drama At A Funeral Ground As Drunken Friends Stop Pastor From Preaching Because Its Against Their Believe
- Horror: 9 Soldiers Currently Feared Dead in Borno As Boko Haram Attacks Oil Workers
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community
- Sad! Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment
- OMG!! Woman Borrows Twins To Defraud Ex-Commissioner
- Shocking!! I Raped 11 Year Old Girl Purely For Money Rituals - Baba Mohammed
- 54 Commercial S3x Workers And 56 Patronizers Arrested In Calabar Hotel
- La Casera Fires Hundreds Of Workers And Shuts Down Operations