Ailing Yoruba actress, Temitayo Odueke, popularly known as Sikiratu Sindodo, is said to have been flown to the United Kingdom where she is said to be recuperating from the strange ailment that kept her bedridden for several months.
The decision to take her abroad was made so as to allow her have a good rest and medication without unnecessary disturbance from fans who have been calling at her residence to confirm the state of her health.
Though Sindodo’s health has really improved, compared to what it was some months ago when she could neither speak nor walk, she has been advised by doctors to take a good rest and avoid stress for the time being.
Sources disclosed that, the single mother of one embarked on the trip last week, and is not likely to return home until she regains her weight and stamina. This, our source said, may take several months.
Efforts made to reach the mother of the actress on phone as at time of filing this report was futile as she was not picking her calls.
For some months now, the health status of Sindodo has caused controversies among her fans and colleagues. At a time, she was even rumoured dead, but her colleagues who are in the know swiftly denied the tale.
Her current health status has generated a lot of controversies and speculations. While some are of the opinion that she is suffering from a strange ailment, it has been reported in some quarters that she was having HIV/AIDS. It was also reported that she was suffering from spiritual attack.
The actress had initially denied suffering from a serious ailment, claiming that she just had typhoid and malaria, and that she has already recuperated. But sources close to her have claimed otherwise.
One of her cousins that spoke on conditions of anonymity reiterated that she has been diagnosed with a kidney related disease.
Sikiratu Sindodo is one of the most controversial Yoruba actresses. A drop-out from the University of Lagos , UNILAG, Akoka, she was detained at Panti Police Command for about two weeks in 2009 when she mistakenly crushed a toddler to death with her car. Perhaps, she would have been sent to jail if the family of the late toddler had pressed legal charges against her.
After much plea from the actress and other influential personalities in the country, family of the late toddler decided to suspend the move to take a legal action against her. She would have been charged for manslaughter.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Will RCCG Ever Remain The Same? Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Retirement
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)