Nuella Njubigbo fondly known as Ella started out as a script writer before she veered into the acting to make a statement. This Public administration graduate of the Imo State University has featured in many movies including ‘Lord of Marriage’, ‘Life Incident’, ‘Room Service’, ‘Not my wife’ among others. In this interview, she speaks on what life has been with her in recent times and what she is looking out for in marriage when the bell eventually ring. Excerpts;
What are your fans expecting from you?
They should be expecting the best from me; things they have not seen before about me, another side of Nuella. There are so many things I’m working on. I have blockbuster movies that will soon hit the shelve.
Did you write the scripts? I didn’t write all, I wrote the scripts of two of the movies.
How soon are your fans expecting the wedding bell to ring?
When the bell rings, I will let you know, but not now.
Are you still searching?
I wouldn’t say I’m still searching but I’m just waiting for the right time.
How do you mean?
When I’m ready and I’m sure, the right man will surface, or he has surfaced. But I want to be properly sure that he is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.
What is your perception about marriage?
Marriage is all about commitment and sacrifice. You have to be ready to sacrifice a lot; you have to give up a lot of things to fit into it and to have a peaceful and happy marriage life. It is not a relationship that you can just wake up one day and say, I’m done with it.
I don’t want to continue this anymore, it doesn’t work that way. Once you are into it, you’re really into it, you have to try and give your best to make it work out until you see that there is nothing else that you can do. I don’t dream of divorce and I don’t want to be part of it. I will rather wait and be careful in making the right choice.
Supposing after your marriage with your man in future, and he confronts you with this idea of choosing between your acting career and your marriage, what will you do?
I’m going to get married to a man that loves me and any man that loves me will not want to stand between me and my career. Yes, I might not be as busy as I’m today, when that time comes, I might as well not be able to be jumping from one set to the other, but I cannot subscribe to stop acting. I might limit my movement and scrutinizeany script that comes my way. If my man truly loves me, he will not stop me from acting because acting makes me happy.
And what if he doesn’t?
I am going to marry a man that loves me. When we get to that bridge, we will cross it. I just pray it doesn’t come because I can’t give up my acting career; I can do it part time but not like quitting it completely. I don’t pray that kind of a thing should come my way. For my husband to tell me not to ever stand in front of a camera again, it’s suicidal, it’s like wanting to kill me.
Imagine that you are married and your husband decides to take a second wife, would you encourage him?
It is heartbreaking. What will make a man to want to take another wife? The only thing that can create a situation like that is when the man is not satisfied with the wife, meaning that there is something going wrong between two of them.
Either he is not getting all he wants from you. It is painful, disheartening and I cannot even imagine it. To think that my man is not satisfied with me and he wants something more than what I can give to him is very disheartening.
So what would you do?
Honestly speaking, I don’t know because you know when a man has made up his mind, nothing can change it. I don’t know what I can do, I don’t know if I can stop him at that point, may be, one person has to go. I will walk out of the marriage, if I know I cannot stand the risk of sharing him with another woman. I will walk out of the marriage but I’m not yet in that position, and I don’t ever pray to be in that kind of position. If I find myself in that type of situation, I will first of all analyse it and ask myself if I can really stand sharing him with another woman.
You have had your own fair share of scandals that comes with stardom, how did your man react to those scandals?
He knows me very well and because of that, there has never been any time we had issues because of such scandals. He is always like; take it very easy, I know how you feel, I am sure you know all these and you should have been ready for all these scandals before you started off. There has never been a time we quarrelled or had any issue because of scandal. He has been very understanding
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- DIY: Prepare African Black Soap With Shea Butter
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community
- Sad! Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment
- OMG!! Woman Borrows Twins To Defraud Ex-Commissioner
- Shocking!! I Raped 11 Year Old Girl Purely For Money Rituals - Baba Mohammed
- 54 Commercial S3x Workers And 56 Patronizers Arrested In Calabar Hotel
- La Casera Fires Hundreds Of Workers And Shuts Down Operations
- Governor Rochas Okorocha Exposed, See Shocking Images