Even though his crooked colleagues said he had no to case answer, very credible sources have informed pointbklanknews that Speaker Dimeji Bankole spent part of the dodgy N10 Billion loan on Gbemi Saraki and sultry Nollywood actress, Ini Edo, the two mistresses that had long serviced the high libido needs of the out-going speaker of the House of Representatives. Sources informed Pointblanknews.com that while Bankole bought a palatial home in Maitama for Ms. Edo in addition to a Prado Jeep before the Nollywood star got married, he allegedly bankrolled Ms. Saraki’s Governorship campaign.
Ms. Saraki, a divorcee had become the living lover of the Speaker. The whole drama, Pointblanknews learnt, is creating some head scratching moments in the Presidency .This is compounded by the fact that the report of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC), on alleged misappropriation of N9 Billion, which indicted Bankole and his deputy, Nafada, is still nowhere to be found. Last year, he squandered N9billion of the House’s N11 Billion.
Last May 28, 2008, the Speaker and Body of Principal Officers approved the purchase of four units of Range Rover (V8) Sports Utility Vehicles (SUV), three units of Mercedes Benz S-600 cars for the use of the Speaker and his deputy in the sum of N335,500,000 million.
The House leadership approved the purchase of LCD 40 Samsung LNS 341 for the House at the sum of N525, 000 per unit. The open market price for this product is about N180, 000. The Speaker had authorized the purchase of 400 units for N210, 000,000 million instead of N97, 200,000 million, thereby causing a loss of N112, 800,000 million to the national treasury.
Bankole was also accused of approving the purchase of one unit of Sharp copier 5316 for N270, 000, when the open market price is N160, 000 each.
The House leadership was also accused of approving the purchase of 800 units of desktop (HP Compaq dc 5700) on May 28, 2008 at the cost of N330,000 per unit. The open market price of this product is N160, 000. A mark-up of 35 per cent on the product would bring the unit price to N216, 000.
“The sum of N264, 000,000 million was therefore expended on the purchase of the desktop instead of N172, 800,000 million.
Today, another N10 Billion has varnished, as a matter of fact, Pointblanknews.com learnt that he had requested N60 Billion but was turned down due to Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), regulation. It was gathered that Bankole got the cash in three trances in May 2010. N6.1Billion, N2.5Billion and N1.5Billion, without the knowledge of members.
Pointblanknews.com learnt that the outgoing Speaker spent the cash on his return bid which commenced last year, put some on the campaign war chest of his mistress, Senator Gbemi Saraki, and used the balance to make up for the illegal allowance for his colleagues.
Our source also hinted that Bankole also had an affair with Nollywood actress, Ini Edo. According to the source Bankole bought a palatial home for her in Maitama, Abuja and a Prado Jeep. This all happened before Edo got married.
According to our source, Bankole had sometime in July 2010 also approved an upward review of the illegal quarterly allowance from N28.9 Million to N42 Million. This, it was learnt, was part of his return strategy, but the commitment put the account of the House in the red. The repayment had also been built into the controversial 2011 Budget.
This explains why, even though he did not seek the members’ consent and most were initially angry, they decided to sweep the matter under the carpet, and prevail on the Presidency to approve the budget that contains all the illegal and unjustified inclusion that President Goodluck Jonathan has vowed to resist.
Said the source “ . He got the N10 Billion and gave some to Gbemi for her campaign and the rest into his campaign which he commenced last year. Gbemi had been living with him for a while. Since he sent his wife abroad Gbemi had taken over his Apo Quarters residence. He spent so much on her campaign; he is obsessed with her beauty. The House lived beyond its means, led by Bankole. They wanted an upward review of the allowance; part of the reason was so many of them needed tons of cash to campaign. Bankole too needed huge cash. “
Pointblanknews.com source hinted further that “he purchased over 30 new Toyota Camry cars for campaign, it was like he also had his eyes on the Ogun State Governorship, he spent billions on his return bid as well. It is not a lie that the House has no cash left. They can’t even pay the outstanding allowances for (Dino) Melaye and co. who were suspended.
About Article Author
Francisca (Viv) has over 10+ years of writing experience in press releases, feature articles, promotions, copywriting for small businesses and manufacturers in various industries. She brings a wealth of experience and is the "calmer" when these is a storm. She loves to travel and read.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Why We Are Protesting Against President Buhari - Charly Boy, Others Release Official Statement
- Underground Kidnappers Den At Lagos- Abeokuta Expressway: Lagos Police Arrest 7 Suspects
- How Mechanic In Kaduna Was Allegedly Killed By Police, Cousin Tells Story
- Nigerian British Councillor, Chika Amadi Suspended by Labour Party for Anti-gay Comments...See Details
- Heartbreaking: Woman Spotted Half-N*ked in Public Begging for Help After Losing 4 Kids in Kerosene Explosion
- Drama At A Funeral Ground As Drunken Friends Stop Pastor From Preaching Because Its Against Their Believe
- Horror: 9 Soldiers Currently Feared Dead in Borno As Boko Haram Attacks Oil Workers
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community