Even though his crooked colleagues said he had no to case answer, very credible sources have informed pointbklanknews that Speaker Dimeji Bankole spent part of the dodgy N10 Billion loan on Gbemi Saraki and sultry Nollywood actress, Ini Edo, the two mistresses that had long serviced the high libido needs of the out-going speaker of the House of Representatives. Sources informed Pointblanknews.com that while Bankole bought a palatial home in Maitama for Ms. Edo in addition to a Prado Jeep before the Nollywood star got married, he allegedly bankrolled Ms. Saraki’s Governorship campaign.
Ms. Saraki, a divorcee had become the living lover of the Speaker. The whole drama, Pointblanknews learnt, is creating some head scratching moments in the Presidency .This is compounded by the fact that the report of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC), on alleged misappropriation of N9 Billion, which indicted Bankole and his deputy, Nafada, is still nowhere to be found. Last year, he squandered N9billion of the House’s N11 Billion.
Last May 28, 2008, the Speaker and Body of Principal Officers approved the purchase of four units of Range Rover (V8) Sports Utility Vehicles (SUV), three units of Mercedes Benz S-600 cars for the use of the Speaker and his deputy in the sum of N335,500,000 million.
The House leadership approved the purchase of LCD 40 Samsung LNS 341 for the House at the sum of N525, 000 per unit. The open market price for this product is about N180, 000. The Speaker had authorized the purchase of 400 units for N210, 000,000 million instead of N97, 200,000 million, thereby causing a loss of N112, 800,000 million to the national treasury.
Bankole was also accused of approving the purchase of one unit of Sharp copier 5316 for N270, 000, when the open market price is N160, 000 each.
The House leadership was also accused of approving the purchase of 800 units of desktop (HP Compaq dc 5700) on May 28, 2008 at the cost of N330,000 per unit. The open market price of this product is N160, 000. A mark-up of 35 per cent on the product would bring the unit price to N216, 000.
“The sum of N264, 000,000 million was therefore expended on the purchase of the desktop instead of N172, 800,000 million.
Today, another N10 Billion has varnished, as a matter of fact, Pointblanknews.com learnt that he had requested N60 Billion but was turned down due to Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), regulation. It was gathered that Bankole got the cash in three trances in May 2010. N6.1Billion, N2.5Billion and N1.5Billion, without the knowledge of members.
Pointblanknews.com learnt that the outgoing Speaker spent the cash on his return bid which commenced last year, put some on the campaign war chest of his mistress, Senator Gbemi Saraki, and used the balance to make up for the illegal allowance for his colleagues.
Our source also hinted that Bankole also had an affair with Nollywood actress, Ini Edo. According to the source Bankole bought a palatial home for her in Maitama, Abuja and a Prado Jeep. This all happened before Edo got married.
According to our source, Bankole had sometime in July 2010 also approved an upward review of the illegal quarterly allowance from N28.9 Million to N42 Million. This, it was learnt, was part of his return strategy, but the commitment put the account of the House in the red. The repayment had also been built into the controversial 2011 Budget.
This explains why, even though he did not seek the members’ consent and most were initially angry, they decided to sweep the matter under the carpet, and prevail on the Presidency to approve the budget that contains all the illegal and unjustified inclusion that President Goodluck Jonathan has vowed to resist.
Said the source “ . He got the N10 Billion and gave some to Gbemi for her campaign and the rest into his campaign which he commenced last year. Gbemi had been living with him for a while. Since he sent his wife abroad Gbemi had taken over his Apo Quarters residence. He spent so much on her campaign; he is obsessed with her beauty. The House lived beyond its means, led by Bankole. They wanted an upward review of the allowance; part of the reason was so many of them needed tons of cash to campaign. Bankole too needed huge cash. “
Pointblanknews.com source hinted further that “he purchased over 30 new Toyota Camry cars for campaign, it was like he also had his eyes on the Ogun State Governorship, he spent billions on his return bid as well. It is not a lie that the House has no cash left. They can’t even pay the outstanding allowances for (Dino) Melaye and co. who were suspended.
Latest Nigeria News
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Ondo APC Secretariat Now A Shrine, See What Members Did (photos)
- How Adams Oshiomole Wasted Edo?s N1.4 Trillion ? PDP
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group