Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, has said Nigerians were beginning to feel that the Federal Government lacked the capacity to end the hardship and sufferings caused by economic recession.
The NLC in a statement signed by the Joe Ajaero faction, therefore, called on President Muhammadu Buhari to provide the needed socio-economic and political leadership to restore hope and douse the mounting despair and sufferings in the country.
The statement follows lamentation by President of the NLC, Comrade Ayuba Wabba, that the talks with the FG on increase in minimum wage have yet to begin.
Ajaero said: “Nigerians want to see new jobs or a guarantee that the spate of job losses have ceased. They want to see rice, garri, beverages and utilities within their reach and functioning.”
“We want to see the cost of transport come down and the roads being repaired. We want to see that the rot has stopped and the run on the economy turning around for the better.
“While Congress’ commends the President for convening the national stakeholders meeting to confront the challenges, Nigerians, however, need to see actions on the ground and not intentions and talk shops.
“It is the concrete steps that the people see that will rekindle hope and help the people stand together as a collective to weather this economic storm.
“In the midst of all these, we urge the President to talk to Nigerians now. He should address the people to reassure us of government’s programs and actions with guarantees of meeting stated timelines. This is not the time to talk through proxies but directly to the people.
“He is the President the people elected and should reconnect with them. This present challenge is an opportunity presented to him by providence to redefine his perhaps already waning Presidency. Great leaders are made in the furnaces created by this kind of challenge.
“We want to point out to the President and the ruling elite that Nigerians elected them into office, perhaps as an alternative to taking matters into their hands. This is borne out of the belief that we shall experience real departure from the rot and decadence of the previous governments.
“Whether this trust will be fulfilled depends on what the government decides to do as from now.”
About Article Author
He is extremely motivated, organized and disciplined. Nick has have over 6+ years experience with web content management, administrative duties, Excel, Microsoft software, Quick books, Customer Service, as well as email management, internet research and data entry. He is committed to producing top-notch, quality work, which is his driving force.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerian British Councillor, Chika Amadi Suspended by Labour Party for Anti-gay Comments...See Details
- Heartbreaking: Woman Spotted Half-N*ked in Public Begging for Help After Losing 4 Kids in Kerosene Explosion
- Drama At A Funeral Ground As Drunken Friends Stop Pastor From Preaching Because Its Against Their Believe
- Horror: 9 Soldiers Currently Feared Dead in Borno As Boko Haram Attacks Oil Workers
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)
- Alarming! Number Of People Boko Haram Has Abducted Since 2012
- Amazing! Ogun State Government To Pay All Medical Bills Of Cancer Patients In the State
- Horrible! Car Rams Into Trailer In Kwara State (Photos)
- Fatal Accident Along Abuja Expressway, Passengers Feared Dead (Photos)
- Caught In The Act! See What A Soldier Did To A Civilian At Oshodi Area Of Lagos (Photos)
- Kuje Bombings: The Day After The Bomb Blast
- Local Community Traditional Deity Tree Kills 3 In Enugu
- Floods Wash Snakes Into Plateau Community
- Sad! Gunmen Kill Bricklayer Working To Pay For Father’s Treatment
- OMG!! Woman Borrows Twins To Defraud Ex-Commissioner
- Shocking!! I Raped 11 Year Old Girl Purely For Money Rituals - Baba Mohammed
- 54 Commercial S3x Workers And 56 Patronizers Arrested In Calabar Hotel