There is no respite yet for the former Chief Executive Officer of Oceanic Bank International, Dr. Mrs. Cecilia Ibru as some properties seized by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, through a Federal High Court order, are now in contention as some people and companies are claiming ownership of the properties.
One of the claimants is Mamemo Ibru, who said some of the properties, which he did not specify, belonged to him. He said he is not a director of Oceanic Bank, neither is there any evidence linkingÂ him with any fraud.
In his affidavit, Mamemo said he has not been investigated by the EFCC. Therefore, in an application before the court, he wants the court to join him as a party in the suit to enable him prove his case.
Another party with an application before the court seeking to be joined in the suit is Oteri Holdings Limited. The company is urging the court to direct the EFCC to disclose shares affected by the order of the court regarding Aero Contractors. Oteri Holdings holds the largest shares in Aero Contractors Nigeria Limited.
The company alleged that the shares of Oteri Holdings in Aero Contractors were illegally transferred to Mosta W.A. Limited, a company owned by Mr. Obode Ibru and Mrs. Cecilia Ibru.
The matter is a subject of litigation currently before Justice Ajakaiye of the Federal High Court in Lagos.
Aero Contractorsâ€™ shares which are owned by Oteri Holdings are managed by Oscar Ibru, Peter Ibru and Emmanuel Ibru. But by illegal undated shares transfer form, Oteri Holdings was alleged to have transferred shares in Aero contractors to a company known as Mosta W.A. Limited owned by Obode and Cecilia Ibru.
In view of these contentious issues, Oteri urged the court to also join them as a party in the case.
Another company that has asked to be joined is Busecom Nigeria Limited, which deals in property. In an application filed by Barrister Chris Emeh, the company averred that Cecilia Ibru or Oceanic Bank have no beneficial interest or stake whatsoever in the property of the company to warrant attachment by the EFCC.
In an affidavit sworn to by the company secretary, Mojisola Abasi-Eyo, the deponent averred that Busecom Nigeria Limited is the owner of the building at Plot 1, Zone N, Federal Government Layout at Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lagos, having obtained the certificate of occupancy (C of O).
However, on 18 January, this year the attention of the company was drawn to a newspaper publication where the property was attached. The property was described as a multiple storey, multiple user of flats under construction. Because of this attachment, the property under construction has suffered a setback.
The Managing Director of the company, Fabi Basbon protested the inclusion of the property by way of showing documents.
EFCC operative, Mohammed Bappa assured him that his protest will be looked into but nothing was done. Only a sister company, Ipalex Nigeria Limited maintains an account with Oceanic Bank.
In a counter affidavit to the application of Ibru and Ibafon Oil Limited, sworn to by an accountant with the EFCC, Aliyu Wali, he averred that the attachment of the property was based on investigation by the EFCC.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ondo APC Secretariat Now A Shrine, See What Members Did (photos)
- How Adams Oshiomole Wasted Edo?s N1.4 Trillion ? PDP
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover