There is no respite yet for the former Chief Executive Officer of Oceanic Bank International, Dr. Mrs. Cecilia Ibru as some properties seized by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, through a Federal High Court order, are now in contention as some people and companies are claiming ownership of the properties.
One of the claimants is Mamemo Ibru, who said some of the properties, which he did not specify, belonged to him. He said he is not a director of Oceanic Bank, neither is there any evidence linkingÂ him with any fraud.
In his affidavit, Mamemo said he has not been investigated by the EFCC. Therefore, in an application before the court, he wants the court to join him as a party in the suit to enable him prove his case.
Another party with an application before the court seeking to be joined in the suit is Oteri Holdings Limited. The company is urging the court to direct the EFCC to disclose shares affected by the order of the court regarding Aero Contractors. Oteri Holdings holds the largest shares in Aero Contractors Nigeria Limited.
The company alleged that the shares of Oteri Holdings in Aero Contractors were illegally transferred to Mosta W.A. Limited, a company owned by Mr. Obode Ibru and Mrs. Cecilia Ibru.
The matter is a subject of litigation currently before Justice Ajakaiye of the Federal High Court in Lagos.
Aero Contractorsâ€™ shares which are owned by Oteri Holdings are managed by Oscar Ibru, Peter Ibru and Emmanuel Ibru. But by illegal undated shares transfer form, Oteri Holdings was alleged to have transferred shares in Aero contractors to a company known as Mosta W.A. Limited owned by Obode and Cecilia Ibru.
In view of these contentious issues, Oteri urged the court to also join them as a party in the case.
Another company that has asked to be joined is Busecom Nigeria Limited, which deals in property. In an application filed by Barrister Chris Emeh, the company averred that Cecilia Ibru or Oceanic Bank have no beneficial interest or stake whatsoever in the property of the company to warrant attachment by the EFCC.
In an affidavit sworn to by the company secretary, Mojisola Abasi-Eyo, the deponent averred that Busecom Nigeria Limited is the owner of the building at Plot 1, Zone N, Federal Government Layout at Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lagos, having obtained the certificate of occupancy (C of O).
However, on 18 January, this year the attention of the company was drawn to a newspaper publication where the property was attached. The property was described as a multiple storey, multiple user of flats under construction. Because of this attachment, the property under construction has suffered a setback.
The Managing Director of the company, Fabi Basbon protested the inclusion of the property by way of showing documents.
EFCC operative, Mohammed Bappa assured him that his protest will be looked into but nothing was done. Only a sister company, Ipalex Nigeria Limited maintains an account with Oceanic Bank.
In a counter affidavit to the application of Ibru and Ibafon Oil Limited, sworn to by an accountant with the EFCC, Aliyu Wali, he averred that the attachment of the property was based on investigation by the EFCC.
Rate this article
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)