There is no respite yet for the former Chief Executive Officer of Oceanic Bank International, Dr. Mrs. Cecilia Ibru as some properties seized by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, through a Federal High Court order, are now in contention as some people and companies are claiming ownership of the properties.
One of the claimants is Mamemo Ibru, who said some of the properties, which he did not specify, belonged to him. He said he is not a director of Oceanic Bank, neither is there any evidence linkingÂ him with any fraud.
In his affidavit, Mamemo said he has not been investigated by the EFCC. Therefore, in an application before the court, he wants the court to join him as a party in the suit to enable him prove his case.
Another party with an application before the court seeking to be joined in the suit is Oteri Holdings Limited. The company is urging the court to direct the EFCC to disclose shares affected by the order of the court regarding Aero Contractors. Oteri Holdings holds the largest shares in Aero Contractors Nigeria Limited.
The company alleged that the shares of Oteri Holdings in Aero Contractors were illegally transferred to Mosta W.A. Limited, a company owned by Mr. Obode Ibru and Mrs. Cecilia Ibru.
The matter is a subject of litigation currently before Justice Ajakaiye of the Federal High Court in Lagos.
Aero Contractorsâ€™ shares which are owned by Oteri Holdings are managed by Oscar Ibru, Peter Ibru and Emmanuel Ibru. But by illegal undated shares transfer form, Oteri Holdings was alleged to have transferred shares in Aero contractors to a company known as Mosta W.A. Limited owned by Obode and Cecilia Ibru.
In view of these contentious issues, Oteri urged the court to also join them as a party in the case.
Another company that has asked to be joined is Busecom Nigeria Limited, which deals in property. In an application filed by Barrister Chris Emeh, the company averred that Cecilia Ibru or Oceanic Bank have no beneficial interest or stake whatsoever in the property of the company to warrant attachment by the EFCC.
In an affidavit sworn to by the company secretary, Mojisola Abasi-Eyo, the deponent averred that Busecom Nigeria Limited is the owner of the building at Plot 1, Zone N, Federal Government Layout at Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lagos, having obtained the certificate of occupancy (C of O).
However, on 18 January, this year the attention of the company was drawn to a newspaper publication where the property was attached. The property was described as a multiple storey, multiple user of flats under construction. Because of this attachment, the property under construction has suffered a setback.
The Managing Director of the company, Fabi Basbon protested the inclusion of the property by way of showing documents.
EFCC operative, Mohammed Bappa assured him that his protest will be looked into but nothing was done. Only a sister company, Ipalex Nigeria Limited maintains an account with Oceanic Bank.
In a counter affidavit to the application of Ibru and Ibafon Oil Limited, sworn to by an accountant with the EFCC, Aliyu Wali, he averred that the attachment of the property was based on investigation by the EFCC.
Latest Nigeria News
- Budget Padding Scandalous, Rubbishes Buhari?s Anti-Graft Crusade Says Afenifere
- 35 FRSC Crushed To Death By Drivers, 1 Loses Manhood
- Man Stoned And Burnt To Death For Stealing 3 Month Old Baby
- Stephen Keshi?s Burial Rites Commence Today
- Dogara Fights Back : Jibrin Smuggled Fake Projects Into The Budget
- Panic In Owerri Over Bombing Threat, Security Beefed Up
- I Have Not Been Paid For 5 Months Says Siasia
- Nnamdi Kanu: Biafra Restoration Not Personal Decision But Call From God Almighty
- Buhari Spits Fire: This Is What I Will Do To Corrupt APC Members
- NSCDC Rescues 9 Year Old Boy Chained For 2 Weeks Without Food In Celestial Church
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff
- Brent Oil Falls Below $50 As Nigeria Ups Production
- Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers Strike Again, Hit NNPC, Chevron Pipelines
- Alleged Fraud: Read What Happened To Diezani?s Ally In Court
- EFCC Removes Diezani From Money Laundering Trial
- Twitter Suspends Niger Delta Avengers Account