The Presidency has agreed to give freed former Nigeria Port Authority (NPA) chair Chief Bode George a state pardon, if he ensures the victory of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos State in next month’s polls, the Action Congrss of Nigeria (ACN) alleged yesterday.
ACN, in a statement said: ‘’The deal, cut at a meeting in the Presidential Villa in Abuja is simple: If Bode George delivers Lagos, he will receive a state pardon for his corruption conviction for which he spent two years in the gulag.’’
The party’s National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said in the statement issued in Ilorin, Kwara State, that everything George needs for this capture has been provided by his masters.
‘’The implication is that even President Goodluck Jonathan, for all his sweet words on ensuring free and fair elections and avoiding unethical measures to win at all cost, is ready to do anything just to ‘’capture’’ Lagos for his party. This is sad.’’
But ACN said it would not lose sleep over the alleged deal, since the battle of Lagos will be fought by the people of Lagos themselves, having realised the giant strides made by the party in the renewal of Lagos since the present political dispensation started in 1999.
‘’We make bold to say that none of the country’s 36 states has witnessed the kind of rapid development, security and peace, infrastructural renewal and growth that Lagos has experienced under the ACN in the past 12 years or so. It is the people who have enjoyed these dividends of democracy, therefore, that Bode George and his pay masters will have to contend with next month, deal or no deal,’’ the party said.
It said that the belief in PDP circles that the morally-challenged George can actually deliver Lagos is the biggest insult that can be passed on the people of Lagos.
‘’This is a man who, without the opprobrium of going to jail for corruption, could not deliver Lagos to the PDP. Now, with an added baggage of corruption conviction and doing time at the nation’s maximum prison, how can he lead a people who are strong believers in accountability, transparency and good governance? Where will he get the moral courage to lead this battle of Lagos? Has Bode George not worsened his case by his failure to show penitence after serving time?’’ ACN asked.
The party said the latest deal between the Federal Government and George has shown the PDP for what it is, a party of anything goes!
‘’We are not surprised at this deal. After all, President Jonathan appeared at the same rally with the same man, even when he has refused to show contrition for his action, and has instead blamed everyone but himself for the fate that befell him. Sincere penitence, we must add, is the minimum requirement for any convict wishing to be reintegrated into the society,’’ ACN said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ondo APC Secretariat Now A Shrine, See What Members Did (photos)
- How Adams Oshiomole Wasted Edo?s N1.4 Trillion ? PDP
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover