The Presidency has agreed to give freed former Nigeria Port Authority (NPA) chair Chief Bode George a state pardon, if he ensures the victory of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos State in next month’s polls, the Action Congrss of Nigeria (ACN) alleged yesterday.
ACN, in a statement said: ‘’The deal, cut at a meeting in the Presidential Villa in Abuja is simple: If Bode George delivers Lagos, he will receive a state pardon for his corruption conviction for which he spent two years in the gulag.’’
The party’s National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said in the statement issued in Ilorin, Kwara State, that everything George needs for this capture has been provided by his masters.
‘’The implication is that even President Goodluck Jonathan, for all his sweet words on ensuring free and fair elections and avoiding unethical measures to win at all cost, is ready to do anything just to ‘’capture’’ Lagos for his party. This is sad.’’
But ACN said it would not lose sleep over the alleged deal, since the battle of Lagos will be fought by the people of Lagos themselves, having realised the giant strides made by the party in the renewal of Lagos since the present political dispensation started in 1999.
‘’We make bold to say that none of the country’s 36 states has witnessed the kind of rapid development, security and peace, infrastructural renewal and growth that Lagos has experienced under the ACN in the past 12 years or so. It is the people who have enjoyed these dividends of democracy, therefore, that Bode George and his pay masters will have to contend with next month, deal or no deal,’’ the party said.
It said that the belief in PDP circles that the morally-challenged George can actually deliver Lagos is the biggest insult that can be passed on the people of Lagos.
‘’This is a man who, without the opprobrium of going to jail for corruption, could not deliver Lagos to the PDP. Now, with an added baggage of corruption conviction and doing time at the nation’s maximum prison, how can he lead a people who are strong believers in accountability, transparency and good governance? Where will he get the moral courage to lead this battle of Lagos? Has Bode George not worsened his case by his failure to show penitence after serving time?’’ ACN asked.
The party said the latest deal between the Federal Government and George has shown the PDP for what it is, a party of anything goes!
‘’We are not surprised at this deal. After all, President Jonathan appeared at the same rally with the same man, even when he has refused to show contrition for his action, and has instead blamed everyone but himself for the fate that befell him. Sincere penitence, we must add, is the minimum requirement for any convict wishing to be reintegrated into the society,’’ ACN said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Army Releases Arrested Tompolo Associates
- Governor Fayose Blasts President Buhari In New Fierce Attack
- Pastor Enoch Adeboye Finally Speaks On Slain Abuja Preacher
- See What Man Did To His Teenage Daughter After Catching Her In Bed With Lover (video)
- July 29, 1966: 7 Things You Should Know About The Second Military Coup in Nigeria
- Budget Padding Scandalous, Rubbishes Buhari?s Anti-Graft Crusade Says Afenifere
- 35 FRSC Crushed To Death By Drivers, 1 Loses Manhood
- Man Stoned And Burnt To Death For Stealing 3 Month Old Baby
- Stephen Keshi?s Burial Rites Commence Today
- Dogara Fights Back : Jibrin Smuggled Fake Projects Into The Budget
- Panic In Owerri Over Bombing Threat, Security Beefed Up
- I Have Not Been Paid For 5 Months Says Siasia
- Nnamdi Kanu: Biafra Restoration Not Personal Decision But Call From God Almighty
- Buhari Spits Fire: This Is What I Will Do To Corrupt APC Members
- NSCDC Rescues 9 Year Old Boy Chained For 2 Weeks Without Food In Celestial Church
- Breaking: Buhari?s Minister Reveals How Much His Government SavesMonthly
- Troops Nab Suspected Boko Haram Terrorists PMS Suppliers
- Nigerian Navy Arrests Niger Delta Avengers? Major Logistics Supplier
- Buhari Says Nigerians Still Love Him? See Fresh Poll Shows PMB?s Real Popularity
- Another Top Supplier To ND Avengers Arrested
- Bishop In Police Net For Allegedly Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers
- What This Boko Haram Member Was Caught Doing Will Shock You (photos)
- Bola Ige: This Is What President Buhari Told IGP To Do Immediately
- Pilot Tells EFCC: How I Transported Over N1.219bn To Fayose On An Aircraft
- EFCC Interrogates Doyin Okupe Over N162m Illicit Payment
- My Boyfriend Refused To Use Condom: Police Arrests Lovers Fighting Over S3x
- Revelations : I Drove The Bribe Money To Fayose?s Hotel Says Driver
- Fear Of Buhari: Senate Makes Very Crucial Statement
- Reuben Abati: Theresa May, Melaye and the Leader?s Wife
- How Bullion van Driver Delivered N1.2bn To Fayose?s Hotel
- 2 soldiers Killed, 7 injured in Boko Haram ambush
- PENGASSAN, NUPENG call off strike
- IPMAN urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Pipeline Bombings: Militant Group Announces 2 Week Ceasefire
- IPMAN Urges FG To Reopen Investigation Into Alleged N10.9bn Subsidy Fraud
- Many Feared Dead As Communal Clash Resurfaces In Benue Coomunity
- Student Stabs Landlord To Death, You Wont Believe What He Did Next
- Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce Hangs Out With His Lookalike Son, Cody (Video)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gov. Ugwuanyi And Ogun Speaker Urge Muslims Faithful To Promote Peace And Unity
- Oduah Has No Female Domestic Staff