The anti robbery police team attached to Apapa Police Division led by Ali Mohammed, a Chief Superintendent of Police, CSP, has arrested a cook Paul Menoudji and a driver James Bassey for allegedly masterminding a robbery attack in their masters’ neighbourhood.
Also arrested was an alleged accomplice Temi Timode Kentobah
P.M.NEWS gathered that the robbery attack was carried out at about 12.30 a.m. at Flat B6, located at Flour Mills Senior Staff Quarters, Apapa, Lagos.
Investigations and confessions of Kentobah revealed that the suspects gained entrance to the premises through the backyard. They were said to have climbed into the house through the window.
The suspects were said to have succeeded in carting the laptops and GSM phone of their victims, but were exposed when the baby of the couple they attacked suddenly started crying.
The baby’s cry woke her father up from sleep.
It was learnt that her father carried her and headed to the sitting room, but unknown to him, robbers were operating in his sitting room.
When he got to the sitting room, he was accosted by Kentobah who ordered him to surrender all his money or his baby would be stabbed to death.
This prompted the man (names withheld) to call his wife whom he told to go to the bedroom and bring money for the rampaging thieves.
It was gathered that his wife pretended to be bringing money but passed through the exit door and released their dogs.
The divisional police officer, Apapa Division, CSP Mohammed was also contacted on phone and he sent his men to the scene.
It was gathered that as the robbers made frantic effort to escape from the dogs, Kentobah jumped through the window of the storey building and landed on his waist and could no longer move.
While the police were approaching the house, they saw two of the hoodlums escaping through a valley near the scene.
Kentobah was arrested and handed over to the police.
During interrogation, he confessed that it was his friends Bassey from Akwa Ibom State and Paul Menoudji from Cotonou, Republic of Benin who worked as driver and cook to the neighbours of the victims that invited him to join them in the operation.
He said that he is not an armed robber as they did not plan to harm anybody and were not armed during the operation, adding that the knife recovered from them was picked from the victims’ kitchen.
Meanwhile, Bassey and Menoudji, who were later arrested by the police, have denied the allegation, saying they neither knew Kentobah nor participated in the operation.
CSP Ali Mohammed who said the suspects would be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, (SCID),Panti Street, Yaba for further interrogation urged employers of domestic servants, maids and drivers to ensure a proper vetting and investigation of their would-be employes prior to employment.
Latest Nigeria News
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well
- Jibrin Claims: Dogara Bribing Members With $25,000,
- Patoranking Reportedly Denied Entry Into Uganda
- Seems Shekau Is Finally Dead, He Will Forever Be In Hell Says Nigerians
- Father Mbaka Tells Buhari: I Can Not Keep Quiet, There's Poverty Everywhere