Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The All Progressives Congress, APC, Enugu State chapter, has endorsed President Muhammadu Buhari for a second term in office ahead of the 2019 general elections.
State chairman of APC, Dr. Ben Nwoye, who made the declaration at a press briefing, urged other presidential aspirants on the platform of the party not to be deceived by certain groups in the State who were scheming to drain their pockets.
2. The United States Government has said it does not categorize the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) as a terrorist organisation.
Spokesman for the American Embassy in Nigeria, Russell Brooks, who made this known, also stated that the US was committed to Nigeria’s unity and would support a peaceful resolution of any crisis in the country.
3. Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, has called President Muhammadu Buhari “an uncircumcised philistine”.
Fani-Kayode described Buhari as an uncircumcised Philistine that has chosen to defy the armies of the Living God.
4. The General Overseer of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM), Bishop Mike Okonkwo, has said that the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and its leader, Nnamdi Kanu, should link up with the Arewa Youths, the Oduduwa group and the youths of the Niger Delta.
Okonkwo said that all those agitating, should take on the political class together.
5. The All Progressives Congress (APC), Katsina State chapter on Saturday, endorsed President Muhammadu Buhari and the State Governor, Aminu Bello Masari for second terms.
The party Chairman, Shittu S. Shittu, at the end of its executive meeting held at the party headquarters in Katsina, said it had unanimously endorsed the candidature of the duo in the forthcoming 2019 general election.
6. The Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Princess Nkeiruka Nwude, has said that no arrest of members of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), has been made in the state.
She said members of the group had been peaceful and going about their normal businesses within the state.
7. Popular Nollywood actor and producer, Friday Ugwu, famously known as Okaka De Don is dead.
Ugwu, who is also known as DJ Kross died last night in a fatal road accident along Lagos – Badagry Express road in Ojo.
8. The General Overseer, Divine Hand of God Prophetic Ministries International, Prophet Emmanuel Omale has allayed fears by some Nigerians over the possibility of the country breaking up or going into another civil war.
The prophet claimed that Jesus Christ told him “one-on-one” that Nigeria will not only remain united but will also be prosperous.
9. The immediate past General Evangelist of the Christ Apostolic Church, Prophet Samuel Abiara,
According to him, there is no way corruption will end in Nigeria before Jesus Christ comes, adding that they stole so much and keep them in bizarre places.
10. A national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has said restructuring will bring much needed balance to the country.
The former Lagos State governor, however, said he was against the split of the country.
About Article Author