Governor Rochas Ewelle Okorocha has been working hard to rid his state of miscreants that have been constituting nuisance in recent times and a recent report shows his breakthrough.
ere is an update of different arrests made by officers of Imo State Police Command.
In the cause of renewed onslaught and adoption of new strategies in the fight against crime and criminality, the Imo State Police Command has arrested some suspects in connection with various crimes ranging from armed robbery/murder, human trafficking and impersonation.
ARMED ROBBERY/MURDER: Operatives of the Imo State Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department has painstakingly arrested the under-listed suspects involved in the murder of one Chinonye Onyejiaka ‘m’ aged 27yrs of Nwangele LGA who was shot dead at Tiptop Hotel in Owerri on 23/2/2016.
They are: -
1. Chikwado Iheanatu ‘m’ aged 31yrs of Oboro Amurie Omanze in Isu LGA, Imo State but resident at No. 42, Oparanozie Street, Owerri; and
2. Oguchi Junior Opara ‘m’ aged 24yrs of Umuodu Umuhua, Owerri and resident at No. 35, Lobo Street, Owerri Municipal LGA.
The suspects have made useful statements confessing to the crime. Items recovered from them include: -
1. One Pump Action Gun
2. One locally made single Barrel gun
3. Nine live cartridges.
HUMAN TRAFFICKING SYNDICATE: Acting on a tipoff, Operatives of the Command on 16/04/2016 raided an illegal Orphanage Home in Okigwe, owned and operated by one Mrs. Julie Chukwuma. The following unmarried pregnant ladies suspected to be producing children for sale were arrested: -
1. Chinyere Nwokocha ‘f’ aged 30yrs of Amimo, Ikeduru LGA.
2. Sussie Obinna ‘f’ aged 20yrs from Aboh Umulolo in Okigwe LGA.
3. Nwaebonyi Joy ‘f’ aged 25yrs from Ezza, Ebonyi State.
4. Onyinyechi Egemonye ‘f’ aged 24yrs of Uzuagba Ikeduru LGA
5. Lilian Uche ‘f’ aged 28yrs of Ogii Okigwe LGA; and
6. Precious Godspower ‘f’ aged 26yrs of Umuamadi Nguru in Aboh Mbaise LGA
The suspects will be charged to court accordingly after investigation as the Command is working hard to ensure that child trafficking does not return in the State.
IMPERSONATION: One Ndubuishi Justice Eke ‘m’ of Oboama Ezinihitte Mbaise LGA has been arrested while parading himself as a serving military officer following a tipoff. The suspect who is involved in several criminal activities has been charged to court accordingly. Exhibits recovered from him include a ull army uniform.
About Article Author
He is extremely motivated, organized and disciplined. Nick has have over 6+ years experience with web content management, administrative duties, Excel, Microsoft software, Quick books, Customer Service, as well as email management, internet research and data entry. He is committed to producing top-notch, quality work, which is his driving force.View More Articles