BY DAYO ADESULU
The UTME situational report from three examination centres at Ikorodu area of Lagos State as monitored by our reporter revealed that the conduct of the examination was peaceful.
The three examination centres are; Caleb University, Imota, Government College, Ikorodu and Homat Comprehensive College, Igbogbo. There was large turnout of JAMB candidates as early as 6am. However, the examination didn’t start until 9am due to the electronic screening process that lasted for about one and half hour.
The presence of security men and women at the centres did not in anyway distracted the students concentrations during the examination but however, put away people who might want to impersonate.
Cross section of candidates during a UTME
At Government College and Homat Comprehensive College, for example, people were seen hanging around the premises but were not allowed by Civil Defense corps to go in.
Nonetheless, at Caleb University, the environment was completely free from any kind of distractions as students were completely busy with their examination.
Speaking with our reporter at Caleb, the Centre supervisor and a Lecturer, Lagos State Polythenic, Mr Faseyiku Isaac Oludare said, ”Caleb JAMB centre was relatively peaceful because it is a tertiary institution and with presence of security men and women.”
According to him, one invigilator is assigned to thirty students in a class, adding that the total candidates assigned to each centre is 540 to avoid congestion and examination malpractice.
Asked, if there were problems experienced, he noted that this year’s examination was free from problems of type questions. ”We only identified two candidates who had complains about their examination type questions which was immediately solved,” the Supervisor said.
Also, at about 12:15pm, a student strolled in to the supervisor saying he was just coming to confirm if Caleb University was his centre. He was however told that the rule of JAMB states that no student should be allowed to write examination after 12 noon. On hearing that statement from Faseyiku, the student left immediately.
Comments are moderated. Please keep them clean and brief.
Latest Nigeria News
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Avengers To Stop Destruction Of Oil Assets Should FG Meet These 6 Conditions
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well