The clamour for creation of Adada State on Saturday topped demands of various federal constituencies in Enugu State.
During the session held at Obollo-Affor, headquarters of Udenu Local Government Area of the state, the people unanimously demanded the creation of Adada State.
According to them, they were ready to concede every other item as contained in the template document for the realisation of the proposed new state.
In his speech, the member representing Igbo-Eze North/Udenu federal constituencies, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, expressed hope that the exercise would yield fruitful results in the future.
At the Enugu East/Isiuzo Federal Constituency session held at Enugu East council headquarters, Nike, the people also threw their weight behind the creation of Adada state.
Meanwhile, former governor of old Anambra State, Senator Jim Nwobodo, has said peoples’ participation in the making of the constitution in a plural society is important for good governance.
Nwobodo stated this while delivering the keynote address at the Enugu North local government headquarters for the people of Enugu North/Enugu South Federal Constituency.
He said the review was a novel idea, and likened it to the sovereign national conference, which some Nigerians have called for.
He stated that, “I urge all of us to take this hearing very seriously. Everybody has now been given the opportunity to come and discuss the various issues of nation building through constitution reviews, amendment or alteration.
“We all have the opportunity to tell our own stories, to say our mind, to propose how our nation should be structured, how we should be governed, what should be the responsibilities of each level of government, the rights of the people and other things that will make for harmonious living and development.”
Earlier, the Chairman of the session and former Senate President, Ken Nnamani, called on the people to feel free to air their views as nothing they said would be held against them.
Latest Nigeria News
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well
- Jibrin Claims: Dogara Bribing Members With $25,000,
- Patoranking Reportedly Denied Entry Into Uganda
- Seems Shekau Is Finally Dead, He Will Forever Be In Hell Says Nigerians