THE Movement for the Survival of Ogoni People has called for a judicial inquiry into the killing of the ‘Ogoni four’ at Gioko in Gokana Local Government Area in 1994.
Chairman, Provisional Council of MOSOP, Professor Ben Naanen, made this call on Saturday during the Remembrance Day of Ken Saro-Wiwa in Bori, Khana Local Government Area of Rivers State.
Explaining that the circumstance behind the killings of prominent 13 Ogoni persons has continued to raise questions than answers, Naanen stated that Ogoni people were demanding for justice.
He said, “MOSOP is calling for a judicial inquiry into the killing of the Ogoni 4 at Giokoo in 1994. It is by so doing that we can draw an appropriate perspective on the subsequent executions.
“The Ogoni people are demanding justice for the Ogoni 13 and the other victims of the repression of the 1990s.
“The security service that was based in Ogoni at the time certainly owes the Ogoni people and other Nigerians a few critical explanations. The truth should not, and cannot be hidden forever.”
Naanen decried the delay in implementing the recommendations of the United Nations Environment Programme, even as he insisted that the Federal Government should take immediate steps to clean up Ogoniland.
He added, “On behalf of the Ogoni people, MOSOP is calling on the Nigerian government to take immediate steps to implement the United Nations Environment Programme report.
“The government appears to have made up its mind to kill the UNEP report through financial starvation and other bureaucratic means.”
Rate this article
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)