Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola
A group in Osun Peoples Democratic Party, Osun Rescuers Initiative, has faulted the Osun State Governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, over the rate of development in the state.
A statement by the spokesperson of the group, Mr. Seyi Adelugba, on Saturday, said the Aregbesola administration had failed to develop Osun State in the last two years.
Drumming support for a former Chairman, House of Representative Committee on Defence, Mr. Oluwole Oke, the group accused Aregbesola of running government on the pages of newspapers, radio and television.
But Osun State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Sunday Akere, dismissed the allegations by the group, saying, “the blind can see the tremendous impact of the Aregbesola administration in Osun.”
The group said, “Various uncompleted projects by the state government litter the nooks and crannies of the state. Where are the dividends of democracy promised Osun people by the Action Congress of Nigeria?”
Akere answered, “What did the PDP in Osun do for seven and a half years? What’s there to show for the billions of naira collected by the Olagunsoye Oyinlola administration as allocation from the Federal Government?
“It is shocking, shameful and ridiculous for the PDP to accuse the Aregbesola administration of non-performance when the Oyinlola-led government crippled the state’s economy through mismanagement and unthinkable obtainment of N18.3 bn loan.
“The Osun PDP is a party of jokers lacking knowledge of the true essence of governance. Governance is serious business unfit for people, who are perpetually in the state of political drunkenness.”
Meanwhile, the umbrella body for Muslim groups in Osun, Osun State Muslim Community, has condemned killings and destruction of lives and property by the Boko Haram sect.
Addressing a news conference to herald Hijrah celebration in Osogbo on Friday, President of the group, Sheikh Salahudeen Olayiwola, described Hijrah as the beginning of Muslim calendar year.
According to him, killings and wanton destruction by the Boko Haram sect are politically motivated.
Latest Nigeria News
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well
- Jibrin Claims: Dogara Bribing Members With $25,000,
- Patoranking Reportedly Denied Entry Into Uganda