**there was no doubt Nigeria would be divided.
**“Ko a yi zaben gaskiya, ko kuma kowa ya rasa,” (there should be either a free and fair election or else everybody will lose).
Former head of state and presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the 2011 election, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.), yesterday warned that unless the Jonathan Administration allows for a free and fair election come 2015, nobody would claim victory.
Buhari said there was no doubt Nigeria would be divided and all candidates in the general elections of that year would lose out unless justice was done to all.
The former ruler sounded this grim warning in his hometown Daura during the launch of an empowerment scheme initiated by Senator Hadi Sirika.
Buhari described the results of previous elections as a mess and total cheating of the innocent electorate, saying Nigerians will witness a “new development” in 2015.
“Nigerians will see a different Nigeria in 2015, because what happened in 2007 and 2011 will never happen again,” he said.
Buhari, easily the leading opposition figure in the country, argued: “We were cheated in the previous election; we went to court both in 2007 and 2011 to challenge the results. But we will not go to court after the 2015 election.”
The CPC leader stated firmly in the Hausa language: “Ko a yi zaben gaskiya, ko kuma kowa ya rasa,” meaning ‘there should be either a free and fair election or else everybody will lose’.
He pointed out that he alone could not restore the lost glory of the country unless good Nigerians support him, saying Nigeria lost its glory since the coming of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to power in “a dubious manner.”
He urged the Nigerian electorate in general to emulate the people of Igabi local government area who protected their votes in the recent council elections in Kaduna state.
According to him, the recent elections in Sokoto and Adamawa states were a mere child’s play because “there was no election,” and that this resulted to the high increase of poverty and unemployment in those states.
Buhari said he was satisfied with the performance of CPC-elected government officials across the country, saying their performance was as a result of their having been elected in a transparent manner.
- BluePrint News.
Feel FREE to SHARE This post!
Latest Nigeria News
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well
- Jibrin Claims: Dogara Bribing Members With $25,000,
- Patoranking Reportedly Denied Entry Into Uganda
- Seems Shekau Is Finally Dead, He Will Forever Be In Hell Says Nigerians
- Father Mbaka Tells Buhari: I Can Not Keep Quiet, There's Poverty Everywhere
- Herdsmen Go Berserk, Run Down Communities In 2 States