**there was no doubt Nigeria would be divided.
**“Ko a yi zaben gaskiya, ko kuma kowa ya rasa,” (there should be either a free and fair election or else everybody will lose).
Former head of state and presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the 2011 election, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.), yesterday warned that unless the Jonathan Administration allows for a free and fair election come 2015, nobody would claim victory.
Buhari said there was no doubt Nigeria would be divided and all candidates in the general elections of that year would lose out unless justice was done to all.
The former ruler sounded this grim warning in his hometown Daura during the launch of an empowerment scheme initiated by Senator Hadi Sirika.
Buhari described the results of previous elections as a mess and total cheating of the innocent electorate, saying Nigerians will witness a “new development” in 2015.
“Nigerians will see a different Nigeria in 2015, because what happened in 2007 and 2011 will never happen again,” he said.
Buhari, easily the leading opposition figure in the country, argued: “We were cheated in the previous election; we went to court both in 2007 and 2011 to challenge the results. But we will not go to court after the 2015 election.”
The CPC leader stated firmly in the Hausa language: “Ko a yi zaben gaskiya, ko kuma kowa ya rasa,” meaning ‘there should be either a free and fair election or else everybody will lose’.
He pointed out that he alone could not restore the lost glory of the country unless good Nigerians support him, saying Nigeria lost its glory since the coming of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to power in “a dubious manner.”
He urged the Nigerian electorate in general to emulate the people of Igabi local government area who protected their votes in the recent council elections in Kaduna state.
According to him, the recent elections in Sokoto and Adamawa states were a mere child’s play because “there was no election,” and that this resulted to the high increase of poverty and unemployment in those states.
Buhari said he was satisfied with the performance of CPC-elected government officials across the country, saying their performance was as a result of their having been elected in a transparent manner.
- BluePrint News.
Feel FREE to SHARE This post!
Rate this article
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)