Oyo State police command said it has arrested 10 madmen in connection with the horror den in Soka area of Ibadan, where scores of decomposing bodies were recovered last Saturday.
The police had said on Thursday that at least eight people in connection with the death camp have been arrested but declined to release more details of their identities and places of arrest.
It, however, said that some mad persons were burnt to death by angry youths who suspected that they were feigning mental sickness and could have a link to the operators of the camp inside the Soka forest and the multiple murders that happened there.
Some were, however, rescued from the youths by the police.
On Friday, the command’s Public Relation Officer, Olabisi Ilobanefor, told our correspondent that the attack had stopped and that people have handed over some madmen suspected to have connections with the camp. They were also suspected of feigning madness.
She said, “The people of Ibadan have started cooperating with the police. They no longer attack mad people on the streets. We have about 10 people with supposed mental illnesses brought to us by the people. We have appealed to them that if they have useful information, they should contact security agents instead of taking the law into their hands. The police command is happy for their response.”
At the Adeoyo State Hospital where the eight victims rescued from the camp are receiving treatment, scores of people were still seen on Friday looking for their missing relatives. They came with photographs of their missing persons but the hospital management has insisted that the photographs would not be enough to prove identity. A member of staff at the hospital, who preferred anonymity because he was not authorised to give official information on the issue, told our correspondent that police report was vital document proof.
“People have been coming here with pictures but they need police report that reveals that they actually lost relatives. The report must date back to the time when they reported the case to the police,” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Electoral Offences: Why Maurice Iwu, 130 Others Must Be Punished Says NHRC Report
- Many Feared Dead As Fulani Herdsmen Attack Another Enugu Community
- Bishop Decries Increasing Insecurity In Kaduna
- CAN Calls Emergency Meeting Over Zamfara And Kaduna Killings
- Breaking New: Two Killed As Army Arrests Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe (photos)
- Police To Use Lie Detector To Select Recruits
- Mr. Chinakwe's Dog, The Sons Of Lucifer And The Seed Of Al Shaitan By Fani-Kayode
- Abubakar Shekau Wounded In NAF?s Sambia Raid
- DEBT RAVAGED STATES: Six Governors Who Are In Serious Trouble (Photo)
- Army And NSCDC Uncover Another Illegal Oil Well In Lagos
- Fight Over Loot Exposes Fake Miracles Syndicate In Enugu
- Why Restructuring Will Never Solve Nigeria?s Problem
- Buhari Ready To Investigate Of Senators, Reps Over N200 billion
- Fulani Housemaid Kidnaps Employer?s Children In Ogun, Turns Them To Beggars In Lagos
- We Have Discovered Another N33trn Stolen Under Jonathan Says APC
- Fayosegate: EFCC Traces Another $5m To Obanikoro And Fayose
- Rio Olympics: Why Dream Team Lost To Germany 2 ? 0 By Ka?oje
- Moghalu To Avengers: IPOB And MASSOB: Embrace Dialogue Now
- Ndigbo, Why Go Back Home When Lagos Offers You More Success?
- Trader Reveals Why He Named His Dog Buhari: I Didn?t Know It Was Offensive
- I Never Received Pension And The Truth About Cars I Received From Dasuki Says Buhari
- You Won?t Believe What Police Recovered From Burglars In Lagos
- 800 Boko Haram Members Surrender Voluntarily
- Boko Haram: Group Slams Journalist Ahmed Salkida For Links With Terrorist Group
- Lagos Police Uncovers illegal Oil Wells Inside People's House, Shuts 12 Buildiings (Photos)
- NHRC Indicts Iwu, Uduaghan, Osunbor, Shagari Of Electoral Malpractice
- Electoral Fraud: Maurice Iwu, 2 Ex-Governors, 105 Others Indicted
- Jonathan Using Avengers To Destabilise Buhari Government Says MEND
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ikpeazu?s Sack
- Pregnant Teenage Girl Dies After Drinking Otapiapia In Lagos
- Oil Rises To $45 After OPEC President?s Prediction
- Read How Suspected Car thief Consults His Pastor For Prayers Before Operations
- Dubai properties: Buratai did no wrong ? Lawyer
- Uche Jombo Opens Up On Her Dating History
- Northern Youths Threaten Action Against Anti-Buhari Campaigners
- FG Dialogue Tears Niger Delta Avengers Apart
- Read What Happened To Married Policeman Who Cheated With Married NSCDC Lover
- Appeal Court Dismisses Faleke?s Appeal Against Yahaya Bello
- Woman Suffering From Economic Depression Found Dead In Well
- Jibrin Claims: Dogara Bribing Members With $25,000,