Oyo State police command said it has arrested 10 madmen in connection with the horror den in Soka area of Ibadan, where scores of decomposing bodies were recovered last Saturday.
The police had said on Thursday that at least eight people in connection with the death camp have been arrested but declined to release more details of their identities and places of arrest.
It, however, said that some mad persons were burnt to death by angry youths who suspected that they were feigning mental sickness and could have a link to the operators of the camp inside the Soka forest and the multiple murders that happened there.
Some were, however, rescued from the youths by the police.
On Friday, the command’s Public Relation Officer, Olabisi Ilobanefor, told our correspondent that the attack had stopped and that people have handed over some madmen suspected to have connections with the camp. They were also suspected of feigning madness.
She said, “The people of Ibadan have started cooperating with the police. They no longer attack mad people on the streets. We have about 10 people with supposed mental illnesses brought to us by the people. We have appealed to them that if they have useful information, they should contact security agents instead of taking the law into their hands. The police command is happy for their response.”
At the Adeoyo State Hospital where the eight victims rescued from the camp are receiving treatment, scores of people were still seen on Friday looking for their missing relatives. They came with photographs of their missing persons but the hospital management has insisted that the photographs would not be enough to prove identity. A member of staff at the hospital, who preferred anonymity because he was not authorised to give official information on the issue, told our correspondent that police report was vital document proof.
“People have been coming here with pictures but they need police report that reveals that they actually lost relatives. The report must date back to the time when they reported the case to the police,” he said.
Rate this article
Latest Nigeria News
- 6 Guaranteed Politicians Tinubu Would Rely On As APC Crisis Thickens
- Borno State Commissioner Dies In Maiduguri
- 2 New Senators Take Oath Of Office
- Famous American Singer Shares His Touching Experience With A Kenyan Beggar
- Renewed Hostilities: Niger Deltans Say No To Avengers
- Imo Governor Okorocha Gifts Wife With New State Appointment
- I Can?t Predict When Recession Will End Says Finance minister
- NYSC: Corps Member Slumps, Dies After Party With Colleagues
- Properties Worth N1.5bn Traced To Goodluck Jonathan?s Aide
- Buhari Spent 6million On Ear InfectionTtreatment In The UK
- President Buhari Has Lost His Memory Says Fani-Kayode
- Boko Haram Releases New Video, Threaten To Capture Buhari
- Emir Sanusi Buys new N132m Rolls Royce For Sallah
- Dear Avengers, You Are Worse Than Boko Haram, Your Religion Has Condemned You
- Gunmen Abduct Catholic Priest In Delta
- Breaking: Cultists On Rampage,15 Feared Dead In Rivers
- TOUCHING! Meet The 'Okada Man' Who Has No Fingers On His Hands (Photos)
- SAD!Pregnant Woman Dies, Daughter Husband Injured In Car Crash
- Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway Leaves 20 Dead (Photos)
- Ghastly Accident At Ikeja-Along This Morning (Photo)
- SAD! Naked Corpses Of Rape Victims Dumped In Ikorodu, Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- Top 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies Across Nigeria In 2015 (Photos)
- Notorious Armed Robbers Police Arrested In Port Harcourt (Photo)
- SAD: Vehicle Crushes 4 Year Old Girl In Mother’s Shop In Lagos
- Cult Members Kill 2 Traders Over Toll
- Ooni of Ife’s Coronation Ceremony Begins (Photos)
- Prostitution In Nigeria: 3500 Male Sex Workers Discovered In Abuja
- Deplorable State Of Nigerians Deported From The UK
- Murtala Muhammed’s Uncle, Magajin Garin Kano, Dies At 98
- Funny! Driver Fakes Own Death To Evade Fine In Calabar (Photo)
- Little Girl, Kehinde Adebiyi Suffering From Cancer Needs Your Help
- Port Harcourt As Residents Dig Up Frozen Chicken Buried By Custom Officials
- Wickedness! New-Born Baby Found In A Bush In Ilorin (Graphic Photos)
- Police Shoots Bus Driver Dead At FESTAC/Mile 2 Road, Lagos (Video)
- I Have Forgiven My Critics - Ooni Of Ife-Elect, Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Student Shot Dead By Alleged Cultists At Imo State University Yesterday
- Woman Gives Birth To A 'Mystery Baby' In Lagos (Photos)
- Touching! One Legged Man Washing A Car While Balancing On A Stick (Video)
- OMG! See The Long Snake Found In A Nigerian Student's Locker (Photos)
- Military Pilot Who Died In Yola Plane Crash Buried (Photos)