Home | News | General | Iran defies US, tests new ballistic missile
WAFU 2017: Super Eagles coach vows to defeat Ghana in final
Nwabueze right, Nigerian Army attacked just as Nnamdi Kanu accepted to stop call for Biafra

Iran defies US, tests new ballistic missile





- Just like North Korea, Iran has tested a new ballistic missile capable of carrying multiple warheads

- Iran unveiled the ballistic missile at a military parade in Tehran and successfully tested it

- Iraninan President has said they need no perfmission to defend their lands

On Saturday, September 23, Iran's state-run broadcaster announced that they had tested a new ballistic missile that is reportedly capable of carrying multiple warheads.

The missile called Khorramshahr missile reportedly has a range of 2,000 kilometers and can carry multiple warheads, according to Press TV.

The missile was unveiled on Friday, September 22 at a military parade in Tehran and successfully tested the same day with a footage of the test-launch been released.

"The Khorramshahr missile has become smaller in size and more tactical and it will be operational in the near future," the broadcaster said.

READ ALSO: Prepare for real war, Russia, Iran warn Trump of retaliation over Syria

With such a range, the missile would be easily capable of reaching Israel and Saudi Arabia.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, while speaking during the parade, said Tehran would press ahead with strengthening its missile capabilities and military defenses.

President Rouhani said: "We will promote our defensive and military power as much as we deem necessary. We seek no one's permission to defend our land.

"Whether you like it or not we are going to help Syria, Yemen and Palestine, and we will strengthen our missiles."

Rouhani said the United States and Israel have isolated themselves by opposing the 2015 nuclear agreement between Iran and the other major powers. He added that Iran remains fully committed to the pact, Press TV reported.

The United States extended sanctions relief for Iran last week as part of the agreement, which President Donald Trump has described as "the worst deal ever."

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com earlier reported that Tehran said it was unperturbed by the renewed ban on Iranian visitors under US President Donald Trump’s revised executive order, which had been forced after legal challenges overturned the original order.

PAY ATTENTION: Watch more videos on NAIJ.com TV

Takht-Ravanchi said: “The new executive order is also worthless from a judicial point of view. As long as Iranians were barred from entering the U.S., U.S. citizens would be barred from entering Iran; as soon as the U.S. lifts the ban, as it was forced to do at the end of February, Iran would respond in kind.”

Watch this NAIJ.com video of agitation in Nigeria below:

[embedded content]

Source: Naij.com

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM: General Visit website


view more articles

About Article Author

Iran defies US, tests new ballistic missile
Chuka (Webby) Aniemeka

Chuka is an experienced certified web developer with an extensive background in computer science and 18+ years in web design &development. His previous experience ranges from redesigning existing website to solving complex technical problems with object-oriented programming. Very experienced with Microsoft SQL Server, PHP and advanced JavaScript. He loves to travel and watch movies.

View More Articles

100 Most Popular News

1 2 3 4 Displaying 1 - 100 of 313