At least seven people were killed Wednesday when a three-storey building under construction in southwestern Kenya collapsed, authorities said.
Julius Tinega, the head of the country’s disaster department, said 22 people have been rescued from the town of Kisii.
“So far seven bodies have been pulled out and taken to the mortuary and the search is on for more,” a senior police officer told AFP.
“We still believe there are more people alive inside.”
Kisii Governor James Ongwae added: “Rescuers will continue working until we get all of them.
“I send my condolences to families that have lost their loved ones.”
About Article Author